Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » General Harvest Moon » General Harvest Moon Header/Footer Contest [2] - Vote Now! » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

AWL Boy Farmer Rooster Cow Beagle Lamb Tomato

hideOriginal Post

May 12, 11 at 12:51amYukari

The Second General Harvest Moon Header/Footer Contest!

Approved by: Chad

Requirements
  • Headers should be around 600x180 pixels and Footers should be around 425x135 pixels. I'm not picky; it can go a little over the limit.
  • Headers must say something along the lines of "Welcome to the General Harvest Moon Forum!"
  • Footers must say something along the lines of "Come back soon!"
  • NO PLAGIARISM. Everything you submit must be made by you. If you'd like to use fan art in your entry, ask the artist for permission first!
Other
  • Deadline is June 10.
  • There is no limit to how many pieces you can enter. Submit as many graphics as you like!
  • Constructive comments and criticism only. Don't say, "It sux." or "It's awesome!" and leave it at that. If you don't like it, give them advice on how to make it better. If you do like it, same deal.
  • Joke entries will be ignored. (obviously )
Judges

These 3 will judge your entries. The top 5 3 4 headers and top 5 3 4 footers will be placed in a group, and the forum members will vote on which one they like the best.

Helpful Links

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 21, 12 at 10:09pm
utalia

Any specific rules for this forum<

Oct 07, 11 at 7:33am
shayne

my god, some of these entries are just.......... yeah
thank goodness joke entries are being ignored

Jul 05, 11 at 11:46pm
Kutiekinzie

Well, the 2's won. Ah, at least I'll still be here for the next one in two years.

Jun 17, 11 at 11:29am
Denny the Fisher

Looks like the winner's are gonna be the 2's. Oh, well, at least I made it this far.

Jun 14, 11 at 12:42am
Crystal Rain

Also, people are going to be left out no matter what, since only one or two people can win, and there are ore than two people who entered.

Hmmm, I'm stuck between two headers and two footers at the moment. I'll get back to everybody on which ones I finally end up choosing.

Jun 13, 11 at 11:08pm
Kutiekinzie

M'kay. Now I get it. The first time you said it it was a little confusing.

Oh, and Yukari, I actually meant to say footer number one.

Jun 13, 11 at 11:00pm
Xenophilia

Well, look at this way.

Put yourself in the winner's shoes. You've won a header/footer contest—both your header and footer entries. You see the scores and you're all super happy and everything because it's great to win such a big contest for the forum! Would you think that it's fair if your footer was not used and someone else's was? I wouldn't feel so hunkydorypeachykeensupercool.

Jun 13, 11 at 10:56pm
Kutiekinzie

quote Xenophilia
But then it wouldn't be fair if someone's header and footer entries both won fair and square, but someone else's footer was used instead. It wouldn't really make sense if you think about it.
Saw that one coming.

Jun 13, 11 at 10:53pm
Xenophilia

quote Kutiekinzie
I don't think it would be very fair if both someone's header and footer won, some people might be left out.
But then it wouldn't be fair if someone's header and footer entries both won fair and square, but someone else's footer was used instead. It wouldn't really make sense if you think about it.

After all, it is a competition to see whose header and footer is best so they can be used to represent the forum. It's like ignoring someone's footer that had the most votes and choosing someone else's just for the sake of not using a header and footer both by the same person.

Hopefully that made sense. ^^

Jun 13, 11 at 10:16pm
Kutiekinzie

I don't think it would be very fair if both someone's header and footer won, some people might be left out.

Just my opinion, though.