Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Phones, Tablets and Gadgets » i-CINEMA » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

May 05, 11 at 12:16amDun it again

okay so I sort of got suckered into buying an i-CINEMA home theater system today.

my friend ran into a guy selling them, out of his trunk i suppose, while he was at work. My friend was pretty excited and said everything looked good and sounded legit. I, for the most part, trust my friend so i went with his judgement on this one.

i did speak with the seller on the phone and he claimed the MSRP on the system was almost 3 grand and it has most features you would need in a home theater system. it also comes with the manufactures warranty.

the seller said if we bought two of them he would give them too us for 150 a piece. i left it in my friends hands to decide and he got them.

i immediately ran to the computer to see what i could find, and there was almost NOTHING on these systems. My friend seems to think theyre more for commercial use...

so tell me, did we get screwed??

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 30, 14 at 3:24pm
kevo ngoma

i bought one about two years ago and the output has always been phenomenal. I used to have a Sony 1200watt surround before, however the 5.1 i-Cinema is just ridiculous.... the music sounds so gooooood.

Feb 27, 14 at 11:40pm
CarolynRByers

i wonder any release new products

Dec 04, 13 at 4:26pm
fonzo

Yea downt do it i bought one in chino about 2 years ago but lost the control so downt even know how it sounds how canggo about that

Aug 22, 13 at 6:51pm
i got one to lol

i got one about 3 years ago and it still works great and sounds awsome i wouldnt pay more than 300 for it tho

Apr 04, 13 at 6:46pm
adam3082

I just fell for it too! In Ontario. I'm not sure if he was "scamming", but by reading these posts, im getting dissapointed.

May 05, 11 at 9:48pm
Dun it again

May 05, 11 at 5:23am
VeGiTAX2

/facepalm

I don't even know what to say... I thought maybe I'd find something good in the blog but this is a rare sight.

http://icinemasurround.com/site/2011/04/icinema-mass-ficiton/

hijacked from

http://obscuresound.com/2011/04/mass-fiction/

Didn't check the rest of the posts for duplicates, hopefully they're not actually ripping but yeah strangeness for sure.

May 05, 11 at 5:19am
Dun it again

quote VeGiTAX2
For sure, if you want some cheap amusement check out their blog. I have no idea who this company is but they pretty much just set that website up in the recent months even though I've found posts going back a few years about them haha.
i bought the product i got that already. hahahah

yea, i'm lame i know haha

May 05, 11 at 4:54am
VeGiTAX2

For sure, if you want some cheap amusement check out their blog. I have no idea who this company is but they pretty much just set that website up in the recent months even though I've found posts going back a few years about them haha.

May 05, 11 at 4:49am
Dun it again

yea its swap meet stuff. Sound is mediocre. Its basically a stereo with satellite speakers is all it is. My friend owed me money so basically i paid 115 for it.

the thing that gets me the most is my friend actually SAW it and still fell for it. I mean you can just look at it and tell what kind of quality it is. deffinately not 3,000$ worth. But i guess its partly my fault too. i spoke to the "swindler" over the phone and asked if it had hdmi out/in and he said yea, if i would have had my friend check for them we could have just stopped it there.

You live and you learn. now i have new speakers for my ipod and laptop i guess. =/