Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Neoseeker's XFX Radeon HD 6950 XXX Edition Review » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Apr 29, 11 at 1:07amleochan

The Radeon HD 6950 gets a saucy XXX Edition from XFX, offering increased GPU and memory clock speeds at the cost of a lowered 1GB memory capacity. Strangely it's offered at the same price as 2GB offerings based on the reference design, but it does offer a custom cooling solution. We put the HD 6950 XXX to the test to see if it can keep up the 2GB reference models, even with the total memory slashed by half.

XFX Radeon HD 6950 XXX Edition Review

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 03, 12 at 7:29am
USAdystopia

Have been slowly increasing the clocks to 860/1350. Disabled Graphic Overdrive on AMD's CCC. Any guidelines on the core voltage...seems to crash to blue screen when enabled even at 900-1100mV. Can't seem to find the default voltage online. GPU-Z shows 898mV.

Jan 03, 12 at 6:07am
Vagabond

quote USAdystopia
Thanks very much for your help! Got it working.
Great. Glad it worked.

Let us know how high your clock speeds scale to

Jan 03, 12 at 5:38am
USAdystopia

Thanks very much for your help! Got it working.

Jan 03, 12 at 5:08am
Vagabond

quote USAdystopia
When I "Save" a message window titled "Confirm Save As" tells me that MSIAfterburner.cfg already exists and asks if I want to replace it...I save it a notepad message box indicates "Access Denied"...

Should the MSIAfterburner file be named something else?
You are going to need to change the permissions for the file. To do this right click on the MSI Afterburner CFG file and select proprieties. After this go to the securities tab and select advanced. Then set the permission to full control. After that you should be able to change the file.

Jan 03, 12 at 4:39am
USAdystopia

When I "Save" a message window titled "Confirm Save As" tells me that MSIAfterburner.cfg already exists and asks if I want to replace it...I save it a notepad message box indicates "Access Denied"...

Should the MSIAfterburner file be named something else?

Jan 03, 12 at 3:46am
Vagabond

quote USAdystopia
Downloaded current and Beta versions of Afterburner and could NOT get past 840/1325 clocks. Could change voltage. Read about changing the cfg file but could NOT "save" changes.

How were you able to get it to change the clocks??
Try this

1st - Remove the current version and download the latest MSI AfterBurner and install.
2nd - Locate the folder where MSI Afterburner installed to, open it, and locate the CFG file named MSIAfterburner. When you 1st double click this file it will ask you what program you want to use to open it, choose "Notepad" and click "ok" Once you have the MSIAfterburner CFG file open in notepad you need to change a couple of settings near the bottom:

UnofficialOverclockingEULA = I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI will not provide me any support on it
UnofficialOverclockingMode = 1 (to keep PowerPlay active (may not work on old ASICs), 2 to traditionally disable PowerPlay or to 0 to temporary disable unofficial overclocking path)<--Do not type this, just for reference I have mine set to = 1

After you have made these changes, DO NOT forget to click "file" and "save" before exiting notepad, or your changes will not take into effect!

Jan 03, 12 at 2:40am
USAdystopia

Downloaded current and Beta versions of Afterburner and could NOT get past 840/1325 clocks. Could change voltage. Read about changing the cfg file but could NOT "save" changes.

How were you able to get it to change the clocks??

Nov 05, 11 at 10:10pm
Luciano_Comp

quote Vagabond
quote Luciano_Comp
What is the software used for overclocking?
How do I get this software?

Thank you!
I used MSI Afterburner. Here is a link http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm

Thank you!!!

Nov 05, 11 at 5:05am
Vagabond

quote Luciano_Comp

Thank you!
I used MSI Afterburner. Here is a link http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm

Nov 05, 11 at 4:55am
Luciano_Comp

Thank you!