Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Mar 31, 11 at 10:45pmBrokenKnights

So, I've played through the story modes of the main three kingdoms and I've got to say I like alot of the new characters. Ding Feng and Jia Xu are handled especially well. Even Lian Shi contributes alot to the story and really helps build Sun Quan's stock. If her boobs were a normal size, she'd be a great addition to the cast.

What I can't get over though, is Guan Suo. It makes absolutely no sense. He 100% could've been covered just by Guan Ping. He offers NOTHING additional to the story and I really believe KOEI added him because Guan Ping "had" to die at Fan Castle. Not to mention he just has Ling Tong's move set...

Anyway, the most useless addition to the cast.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 20, 11 at 9:56pm
Antipathy

Because guan suo' in game is *bleep*ing annoying, mostly. 'Oh bao sanniang, let me split you wide open please please please' on every damn level he is on is damn annoying.

Sep 20, 11 at 12:09pm
FireCyclops

quote Cao Hong 14
Well about his folk tale stuff, it doesn't fit well into the current story which is based on RoTK which would mean you would need to change some of the current things in dw to fit his Hua Guan Suo story.Yes he did fight in the Nanman but his role was so insignificant that its practically like he wasn't even there, all we did was serve as a lieutenant under Wang Ping for a bit, thats all. I agree that Guan Ping should die at Fan castle, leave the Guan son role after that to Guan Xing but Guan Suo shouldn't even be in the game so I won't comment about where he should appear in it. The reason Guan Suo looks like a pretty boy is because Japan loves pretty boys and since he is such an insignificant character he would be absolutely hated if he looked as ugly as Ding Feng or Dian Wei. Problem again is that DW is based off of RoTK and Guan Suo is hardly even in that story, I think it would make a lot more sense to have Guan Xing and Zhang Bao fight together as the next generation of Shu than Guan suo and his wife. Man I hate Guan Suo soo much^_^
It's not about change ROTK to HGS. HGS is sub story for ROTK, just like when you write fanfic or when you create another version of ROTK (same with Chen Shou's version or Luo Guan Zhong's version). it's just happened in past time. Guan Suo is some kind of legend in Chinese, especialy in Yunnan. Guan Xing is not that awesome and died in young age, same goes with Zhang Bao, both of them were exaggerated in the novel, although I don't mind if they appears too. But Guan Suo is more famous in other ROTK story not written by Luo Guan Zhong. Basically I just tried to give another view for you guys why it was Guan Suo, not Guan Xing. I agree that his wife is not that important to be added in the game. If you really understand about three kingdoms story, you should've agree that Guan Suo should have his role too in this game. Talking about fake, why everyone not protesting about Diao Chan (even her name is a fake name, Diao means some kind of ornaments in Cicada (Chan) shape)? Talking about wives, what about Qiao sisters? Man, I love Guan Suo so much^_^

Sep 02, 11 at 8:59pm
Cao Hong 14

I think I know why it was Guan Suo rather than Guan Xing.
1. Guan Suo actualy is a character from chinese opera titled "Hua Guan Suo". which makes him one of the chinese folk-tale hero.
2. he do not offer nothing actualy. he participate a small role in NanMan, and I believe he was the guide for Zhuge Liang's troops.
3. about Ling Tong's moveset, might be because Guan Xing is the heir of Guan Yu's sword
4. Guan Suo is not subtitue anyone including Guan Ping or Guan Yu, because often mentioned that Guan Xing is the oldest biological son, and instantly makes Guan Suo as the younger brother. his age must be around Xing Cai's. so, when Guan Yu and Guan Ping is dead, Guan Suo were just about make his debut. it's just a mere coinsidence.
5. I also sighed a bit about Guan Suo. it's because of his design. I thought he was a fierce warrior (based on the image I get from playing ROTK series or knowing the story of Hua Guan Suo Zhan.) he looks more like Lu Xun with that unnescessary smile. I was expecting he looks like Zhou Tai or Taishi Ci, .. or at least Ma Chao. other than that, I'm ok.
6. because Guan Suo is popular in chinese folk-tale (I believe almost no record of him in 3 kingdoms era), it makes more reasonable for KOEI to decided him than Guan Xing or Zhang Bao.
Well about his folk tale stuff, it doesn't fit well into the current story which is based on RoTK which would mean you would need to change some of the current things in dw to fit his Hua Guan Suo story.Yes he did fight in the Nanman but his role was so insignificant that its practically like he wasn't even there, all we did was serve as a lieutenant under Wang Ping for a bit, thats all. I agree that Guan Ping should die at Fan castle, leave the Guan son role after that to Guan Xing but Guan Suo shouldn't even be in the game so I won't comment about where he should appear in it. The reason Guan Suo looks like a pretty boy is because Japan loves pretty boys and since he is such an insignificant character he would be absolutely hated if he looked as ugly as Ding Feng or Dian Wei. Problem again is that DW is based off of RoTK and Guan Suo is hardly even in that story, I think it would make a lot more sense to have Guan Xing and Zhang Bao fight together as the next generation of Shu than Guan suo and his wife. Man I hate Guan Suo soo much^_^

Apr 29, 11 at 9:55am
Xu huang of Wei

they probably just added him to boast about how they have more than 60 characters but i agree Guan Suo is not needed

Apr 16, 11 at 2:28pm
Jalemar

quote Unknown Warrior
quote Jalemar
That's funny that the Op thinks Lian Shi was somehow useful. Historically yes, She was Sun Quan's loved one. In the game however and with its tradition of having "Warriors" as in officers that actually played a rol in battle...she is not. Why not have Cao Cao's wives? or Lui Bei's? When I first saw her I thought she was some bad ass warrior -aide of Sun Shang Xiang.
If they only added females that actually participated in battle then they would only be allowed to add Zhu Rong. Maybe not even her because there are no records of her even being real.

SSX never actually participated in any fight, she only (occassionally) sparred and had her aides dressed in warrior's outfit. That's it.
Koei adds the females because they don't want to make it an absolute sausagefest. Also, they're known to take the official source rather leniently.

figured as much

Apr 16, 11 at 2:10pm
Unknown Warrior

quote Jalemar
That's funny that the Op thinks Lian Shi was somehow useful. Historically yes, She was Sun Quan's loved one. In the game however and with its tradition of having "Warriors" as in officers that actually played a rol in battle...she is not. Why not have Cao Cao's wives? or Lui Bei's? When I first saw her I thought she was some bad ass warrior -aide of Sun Shang Xiang.
If they only added females that actually participated in battle then they would only be allowed to add Zhu Rong. Maybe not even her because there are no records of her even being real.

SSX never actually participated in any fight, she only (occassionally) sparred and had her aides dressed in warrior's outfit. That's it.
Koei adds the females because they don't want to make it an absolute sausagefest. Also, they're known to take the official source rather leniently.

Apr 11, 11 at 8:47am
FireCyclops

quote BrokenKnights
What I can't get over though, is Guan Suo. It makes absolutely no sense. He 100% could've been covered just by Guan Ping. He offers NOTHING additional to the story and I really believe KOEI added him because Guan Ping "had" to die at Fan Castle. Not to mention he just has Ling Tong's move set...
I think I know why it was Guan Suo rather than Guan Xing.
1. Guan Suo actualy is a character from chinese opera titled "Hua Guan Suo". which makes him one of the chinese folk-tale hero.
2. he do not offer nothing actualy. he participate a small role in NanMan, and I believe he was the guide for Zhuge Liang's troops.
3. about Ling Tong's moveset, might be because Guan Xing is the heir of Guan Yu's sword
4. Guan Suo is not subtitue anyone including Guan Ping or Guan Yu, because often mentioned that Guan Xing is the oldest biological son, and instantly makes Guan Suo as the younger brother. his age must be around Xing Cai's. so, when Guan Yu and Guan Ping is dead, Guan Suo were just about make his debut. it's just a mere coinsidence.
5. I also sighed a bit about Guan Suo. it's because of his design. I thought he was a fierce warrior (based on the image I get from playing ROTK series or knowing the story of Hua Guan Suo Zhan.) he looks more like Lu Xun with that unnescessary smile. I was expecting he looks like Zhou Tai or Taishi Ci, .. or at least Ma Chao. other than that, I'm ok.
6. because Guan Suo is popular in chinese folk-tale (I believe almost no record of him in 3 kingdoms era), it makes more reasonable for KOEI to decided him than Guan Xing or Zhang Bao.

Apr 05, 11 at 11:50am
Jalemar

quote BrokenKnights
maybe it is about time for Yue Jin or Li Dian. What will be really funny is, instead of Yue Jin or Li Dian, they add a fictional/slutty wife for him to ride around with

HAHAHA Lmao...yes

Apr 04, 11 at 2:27pm
BrokenKnights

I think DW3 was really the only time they went ahead and matter people that "earned". Everything since then has been additions to make certain battles better or to make certain characters have more people to interact with. They gave Gan Ning, Ling Tong. In this they gave Sun Quan, Lian Shi.

Now that I think about it, I'm really surprised that Zhang Liao has been left dangling -- maybe it is about time for Yue Jin or Li Dian. What will be really funny is, instead of Yue Jin or Li Dian, they add a fictional/slutty wife for him to ride around with

Apr 04, 11 at 11:57am
Jalemar

Oh, lol I thought I already did... well now I am.

Aniways Now that I look at your replies, yes, I guess it makes more sense having them around. Im just wondering if Koei will pursue this idea from now on. As in making unique models for "famous" characters just to make the drama interesting and not really because they are warriors of skill and recognition.
About Taishi Ci, he had a middle of the battle death at DW 3 while riding in his horse got shot 3 times on his back, dont know if that counts ...