Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Monster Hunter Freedom Unite » Gypceros weakness » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Welcome to the forum! - Even as a guest, we hope you will enjoy yourselves and follow the forum guidelines!Please read over the updated Freedom Unite Forum Guidelines!.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Mar 26, 11 at 5:03ammajick

im a beginer i guess i have only playd mhfu but i have been playin it since it came out im still a very low level some times it takes me like 7 or 8 tries to kill a low level monster am i missing something or do i just suck that bad? also what is the purple Gypceros weak against: weapon and elemental?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 02, 12 at 6:04pm
Zane

And as for kirin, easiest monster in game. He's like a giadrome just prettier. I kill him in under ten minutes, don't bother with aiming for the horn either.

Aug 02, 12 at 5:59pm
Zane

Or you could do what i did. Do poison siege, use devil slicer, run in and kill both the normal gyp and purple in less than 5 minutes. Easy brother, easy. And yes, gyps are resistant to thunder, and yes, devil slicer is thunder. Don't even bother with potions. You do it right and you barely lose enough health to worry about.

Apr 05, 11 at 5:40am
huntarzzzunited

Gypceros eh...
well my motto for hunting gypceros
PREVENT ITS POISON AND BEAT IT IF YOU THROW SONIC BOMBS AND FLASH BOMBS!
if it is helpful
don't thank me for that
i see my friend play MHFU using this tactic

Mar 29, 11 at 3:02pm
Rage5225

quote WakeCraterWind
Actually, I'm kind of confused as to what he meant, too. I think he thought I was just talking about gypceros, and then gave info in general.

Anyways, she stated she has no more problems with Gypceros, wanted to know what weapons are good at her level, especially longswords and dual swords, and my unfortunate response is that there aren't many GREAT weapons readily available, the Devil Slicer is a good LS, but it needs kirin materials now, which makes it more difficult to get. If you're patient, and you like sharpness, you can go down the black katana mk line, made from hornetuar materials. I'd get yourself a LBG that can shoot poison S, first, however.
you may be correct. your explanation makes more sense than mine anyway lol.

i have one problem with using lbg early game tho. it takes A LOT of materials lol. makes it expensive... but effective.

Mar 29, 11 at 8:35am
Sly_Hunter

well she should be fine if she posts questions if she gets stuck im preety sure most of the people here are experienced, me myself having killed basically 10 of each monster. including fatalis but getting back ontopic like i said if she gets stuck and needs help im preety sure everyone here including myself would be more than happy to help

Mar 29, 11 at 6:05am
WakeCraterWind

Actually, I'm kind of confused as to what he meant, too. I think he thought I was just talking about gypceros, and then gave info in general.

Anyways, she stated she has no more problems with Gypceros, wanted to know what weapons are good at her level, especially longswords and dual swords, and my unfortunate response is that there aren't many GREAT weapons readily available, the Devil Slicer is a good LS, but it needs kirin materials now, which makes it more difficult to get. If you're patient, and you like sharpness, you can go down the black katana mk line, made from hornetuar materials. I'd get yourself a LBG that can shoot poison S, first, however.

Mar 29, 11 at 5:59am
Rage5225

he said "each monster", not "gypceros". and he posted links that give her the weapons available at her level.

Mar 29, 11 at 12:05am
WakeCraterWind

She wasn't asking for weapons good against Gypceros, she was asking for weapons good at her rank. You should follow the thread flow. She no longer has a problem with gypceros.

Mar 28, 11 at 5:16pm
hudderst

WCW: all though weapons suggested are good, for rank etc. they're not great against gypceros.

in terms of weapon advice these should be your go to sites....

http://www.reign-of-the-rathalos.com/mhp2g-mhfu/wc_mhfu/

http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/943356-monster-hunter-freedom-unite/faqs/57283

obviously if you cant create the weapons suggested there is a guide at the bottom of the Boldrins guide to show what is available at your rank. So cross-reference this with the calculator and you can usually determine your best possible weapon against each monster

Mar 28, 11 at 4:14am
WakeCraterWind

Well, Giaprey Claws+ is a very powerful set of dual blades, as well as the Snow Venom. I recommend ALL beginners to shoot for the Sword and Shield "Deathprize" made from a Snake Bite. Deathprize is the new True Devil Slicer, as now Devil Slicer needs Kirin materials. With bombs and a para cat, you'll laugh your way past everything up to High Rank quests.

Deathprize: once you can get dragonwood/moss, you're set for a SnS that'll last you until high rank.

210 raw
260 para (which is insane for a SnS)
Great sharpness