Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Homefront » [PC] Homefront in 3D - Opinions » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Mar 23, 11 at 6:59pmShadow of Death

Well, I played a part of a mission in 3D (the one where you have to go a bit uphill to destroy one of those tower auto-turrets).

The good:
  • Well, it's not the worst 3D I've seen by far
  • Looking down a sight when aiming via right-click is pretty slick looking
  • Could be good enough to improve accuracy, I think it did with me, anyway

The Bad:
  • The Standard "It's not all quite aligned everywhere"
  • The Standard "Text looks screwy"

So it's quite alright really, though it could be better. Supposedly the game supports it, but not fully? At least, people have reported that it's not so great in multiplayer (shadow flickering issues). It's certainly not as bad as some games though (namely NFS: Hot Pursuit, that was pretty bad).

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Mar 31, 11 at 4:12pm
zzSilencezz

You have good knowledge! ;P

Mar 31, 11 at 3:48pm
Shadow of Death

quote zzsilencezz
Awww right thanks for that. I didn't realise that. :laugh:
Neither did BestBuy Canada, since at one point (and for a good while I might add) they listed Crysis 2 AND Crysis 2 - 3D as separate software.

Mar 31, 11 at 8:51am
zzSilencezz

Awww right thanks for that. I didn't realise that.

Mar 30, 11 at 6:23pm
Shadow of Death

quote zzsilencezz
I haven't been on neo for the last couple of days and I come back to see that there is a 3D PC version. Wow what a couple of days makes to the gaming world! :D
Actually there are no '3D PC version'. In point of fact, I don't think any PC game has a specific 3D version of a game. It's built into the software whether it works well with 3D vision (or other 3D solutions) or not. Crysis 2, for example, has a whole 3D options menu with a variety of vision solutions.

Rather, it's up to the developer to support 3D vision. In the case of Homefront, I think it was unofficially supported (The developer supported it to some degree, but didn't get it officially classified as a 3D vision title, or it didn't pass muster with NvIDIA or something). Also, with Homefront apparently the 3D support is mainly on Single Player end (I've heard multiplayer in 3D sucks).

Mar 25, 11 at 4:42pm
zzSilencezz

I haven't been on neo for the last couple of days and I come back to see that there is a 3D PC version. Wow what a couple of days makes to the gaming world!

Mar 23, 11 at 6:59pm
Shadow of Death

Well, I played a part of a mission in 3D (the one where you have to go a bit uphill to destroy one of those tower auto-turrets).

The good:
  • Well, it's not the worst 3D I've seen by far
  • Looking down a sight when aiming via right-click is pretty slick looking
  • Could be good enough to improve accuracy, I think it did with me, anyway

The Bad:
  • The Standard "It's not all quite aligned everywhere"
  • The Standard "Text looks screwy"

So it's quite alright really, though it could be better. Supposedly the game supports it, but not fully? At least, people have reported that it's not so great in multiplayer (shadow flickering issues). It's certainly not as bad as some games though (namely NFS: Hot Pursuit, that was pretty bad).