Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Pokémon Black Version » Are you confused on what starter to pick? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Mar 12, 11 at 12:41amTf916

It depends on your preference and what other pokemon you've planned for your team. The first gym leader you face is based off which starter you pick anyway, being strong against yours.

The Pokemon You Can Choose:
Snivy is a grass type, its final evolved form is Serperior and it's speed state is the highest.
Tepig is a fire type, its final evolved form is Emboar (it becomes fire-fighting when it evolves), and it's attack state is the highest.
Oshawott is a water type, its final evolved form is Samurott, and it's special attack is the highest state.

(Jalorda can also gain another ability through the Dreamword called Contrary and All moves or abilities that would normally increase a stat will decrease it, and ones that would normally decrease a stat will increase it. This also applies to self-inflicted moves, such as Charge Beam, Close Combat and Leaf Storm. This does not include Baton Passed stats. Credit to Bulbpedia)

The Unova Starters

Snivy
Oshawott
Tepig

Snivy

Base Stats:
HP: 45
Attack: 45
Defense 55
Sp. Attack: 45
Sp. Defense 55
Speed 63

Base Stats at Final Evo:
HP: 75
Attack: 75
Defense 95
Sp. Attack: 75
Sp. Defense 95
Speed 113

Snivy is a grass type, its final evolved form is Serperior.
Choosing Snivy might make the game a bit more tough, but hey, who doesn't like a challenge?

Oshawott

Base Stats:
HP: 55
Attack: 55
Defense 45
Sp. Attack: 63
Sp. Defense 45
Speed 45

Base Stats at Final Evo:
HP: 95
Attack: 100
Defense 85
Sp. Attack: 108
Sp. Defense 70
Speed 70

Oshawott is a water type, its final evolved form is Samurott, it's special attack is the highest of the three.
He is more of an all-rounder.

Tepig

Base Stats:
HP: 65
Attack: 63
Defense 45
Sp. Attack: 45
Sp. Defense 45
Speed 45

Base Stats at Final Evo:
HP: 110
Attack: 123
Defense 65
Sp. Attack: 100
Sp. Defense 65
Speed 65

Tepig is a fire type, its final evolved form is Emboar (it becomes fire-fighting when it evolves),
It's attack state is the highest, but it is also the slowest of the three.

Well..

Who are you gonna choose?

I did not make any of these pictures, just googled for them,
if you'd like to add anything please do, all contributions are welcome!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 17, 14 at 2:55pm
Oh yeah im cool

quote Xperious
quote Oh yeah im cool
2 years later an unwashed heathen bumps a thread which is now a useless thread because everyone's already played through Unova and either going to X and Y or waiting for AS and OR.
Haha! Was gonna post something similar.
I think everyone was thinking that. xD

Jul 17, 14 at 2:48pm
Xperious

quote Oh yeah im cool
2 years later an unwashed heathen bumps a thread which is now a useless thread because everyone's already played through Unova and either going to X and Y or waiting for AS and OR.
Haha! Was gonna post something similar.

Jul 16, 14 at 6:08pm
Oh yeah im cool

Jul 16, 14 at 12:28am
Legendary pokemon lo

I chose tepig

Jul 16, 14 at 12:27am
Legendary pokemon lo

Yes it is hard to the starters but Emboar is good hp serperior is good for defense and sp.defense samurott

Aug 21, 12 at 9:25am
Oh yeah im cool

I now have Emboar but I don't wanna use it. I have:

Uxie
Azelf
Ho-oh
Something
Something
Something

Jul 12, 12 at 12:03pm
TaylorrTakedownn

In all the games I always go with the water type because usually it's the best choice, but not with this game. I mean Oshawott was pretty okay in the beginning but towards the end of the game he started to suck.

Personally, I'd never pick the grass types but now I always pick Snivy because with his awesome speed and defense and if EV'd correctly he can be pretty amazing. Yeah his move pool sucks but hey, who doesn't like a challenge?

Jul 11, 12 at 3:36pm
Drago2985

[/quote]

No, Emboar is cool, I have him and he is Level 99. dB I judge Pokemon by stats, not coolness, but I would go with the Tepig or an Oshawott, because it will give you an advantage at Castelia City Gym. You can thank me later. dB
[/quote]

honestly u just need to choose oshawott because u get a pansear which can fight off grass and bug but i dont use the pan-pokemon very much......also according to gamefreak, oshawott is the most chosen and the main starter of the unova games

Jul 11, 12 at 3:33pm
Drago2985

quote pommyadam
personally, an emboar can be effectively replaced by a Victini/Darumaka

Water-types are fairly hard to get (for me at least) and you can catch a LOAD of grass types in Pinwheel

omg i so agree, unova has the worst water type pokemon. the oshawott evolutions are the best water type

Jun 16, 12 at 7:26am
Oh yeah im cool

Tepig! I love fire types and his HP is decently high. That's really all I've got to say.