Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » LittleBigPlanet 2 » The best new features/additions in LBP2? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Mar 07, 11 at 9:46pmMnmfan

What is your favourite new addition in LBP2 from LBP1?
Obviously the Controlinator is the best from a gameplay point of view. Without it so many level out there would be impossible.

As for in Create it has to be the microchip and gates in general. I can't imagine going back to LBP1 and using crude piston logic again.
Another often forgotten new feature that I love is the ability to hide objects with L2/L1. It's extremely useful and I use it a lot.
Preview is also very useful.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 05, 12 at 7:51am
sayin564

how do i edit a leval that ive already published

Dec 31, 11 at 5:23pm
LucasLucas

For me, it has to be the addition that you can create your own games and stuff like that. (My problem is that I'm still searching the internet for tutorials on that!)

Aug 03, 11 at 4:15am
Xperious

Sackbots and the Controlinator. With these, you can make specific characters for your levels. No more playing Mario levels without Mario ect.

But as a creator, I love the microchips, it makes everything cleaner and more organized. I also seem to use the counter a lot, making permanent switches by setting it to "1".

Apr 09, 11 at 5:07pm
Kutiekinzie

My favorites are the sackbots, destoryer, and the object tweaker. They're really cool, and I use them in a lot of levels.

Apr 07, 11 at 1:46am
TickilishHonchkrow

I absolutely love the Creatinator. It can be used in so many ways

Apr 03, 11 at 2:25am
naruto102

now, time for me to not join in that NOT Gate conversation!

my favorite thing in LBP2 is the Sackbots. Logic doesn't work well with me (A.K.A. I fail at logic ) I'm actually a movie maker. I don't make complex levels where people press a button which causes an electrical surge, opens a door, summons a Sackbot, and starting a boss fight all at once. I'm the guy who goes "cameras. sackbots. simple landscapes. barely any logic. movie."

Mar 18, 11 at 12:40am
yugiRULER

That what I've been using. All my blinking lights mostly.

Mar 17, 11 at 9:10pm
Taker4ever

quote Agarwel
Taker4ever
"I don't think I've ever used a NOT gate...I don't really understand how they work"
As Mnmfan fan said. They are very usefull in case you have one output and this output should activate some component, but deactivate the other ones.
But the same effect can be achieved with a single Selector gate?

Mar 17, 11 at 8:25pm
yugiRULER

I guess that would do something. I may use them, bit I rarely connect such a huge amount of wires to a chip or bot let alone to slow the game down. I only really have that trouble with too much general complexity.

Mar 17, 11 at 1:07pm
Agarwel

Taker4ever
"I don't think I've ever used a NOT gate...I don't really understand how they work"
As Mnmfan fan said. They are very usefull in case you have one output and this output should activate some component, but deactivate the other ones.

yugiRULER
"BTW, has anyone found a use for circuit nodes? They seem unnecessary. "
I found them little usefull on more complex microchips. In case you have one output connected to lets say 10 inputs on the other side of the microchip. When you have too many wires on the chip it is sometimes using crazy paths and causing huge lags to find them if you move some component. So in such (rare) cases I found usefull leading one wire from output to the node near the inputs. And then connecting this one node to those 10 inputs. It can make the chip much more organized (at least better than using paths the game choose automatically) and speed up the modifications.