Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » The Last Story » The Untold Story » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 24, 12 at 8:24pm
Lupin3rd

This shit came out today yo, it cost me a £10 deposit to preorder it from Gamestation who then proceeded to not get it in stock, brilliant, still got the £10 taken off my Binary Domain purchase but panic was setting in.

Game, obviously didn't have it in stock, being the same company as gamestation and all.
HMV, have two copies due in, but they haven't turned up yet.
Grainger Games got one copy in but couldn't find the box... after ten minutes of searching it was in the PS2 section, so I did get a copy, the one copy in the city.

The moral of the story here is the Mericas may not see this game released if it doesn't sell reasonably in Test Subject Europe, and it doesn't bloody help that no one's stocking it.

God bless you Grainger Games and Mistwalker for making a game I've reasonably enjoyed the first couple of hours of.

Buying Pandora's Tower next month is going to be a laugh riot I can imagine, might opt in with Shopto for that round of keeping my Wii plugged in.

Feb 24, 12 at 3:57am
Harriet03

It is very right,thanks

Feb 23, 12 at 8:42am
Vicarious

Yeah this game sounds really good. I am a sucker for anything released by the developers of the original Final Fantasys.

Mar 04, 11 at 3:20am
qazwsx0753

by Amanda L. Kondolojy

The Last Story is the first (and perhaps the last) great RPG for the Wii. Sure, we've been treated to some pretty fair RPGs in the past on the platform, but they all came up short for one reason or another. The lack of an open world, an engaging story, a compelling battle system, or a complex morality system have all been complaints made of Wii-exclusive RPGs. However, The Last Story checks off all the boxes and has been developed by the now-legendary Mistwalker group (most notable for its staff reading like a fantasy football roster of Square Enix/Final Fantasy alumni). There's only one problem: the game isn't currently scheduled for a US release.

Fortunately, the game has sold extremely well in Japan, and most people think that it's only a matter of time before the game is announced for the west. If you haven't yet heard of The Last Story, there is plenty of reason to be excited for this game to make it to US shores.

First off, The Last Story is going to have a killer story. Because the minds behind the game are the same behind Final Fantasy, you know it is going to be complex, but isn't that really something the Wii needs? Anyway, the story takes place on an island where the people are prosperous and life is good. Unfortunately, the mainland next to the island isn't doing so well, and as you can imagine, there's some resentment brewing there. You play as a mercenary from the mainland who is looking for work on the island, and ends up getting some low-level monster-hunting gig. However, as the main character explores the island nation, he discovers that there is far more to the island nation that originally thought.