Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Minecraft » Forum Feedback and Suggestions » Post Reply

Note to Guests:

You are NOT allowed to advertise Minecraft servers, texture packs, videos, or anything else in this forum! Read the full forums rules HERE! For advertising servers please see this forum. Thank you.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Party Bomb Cow Tipper Explosive Diamond Emerald Ender Eye Ender Pearl Lurker Archer Miner No-Brainer

hideOriginal Post

Feb 26, 11 at 10:45pmChekkaa

If you have any forum feedback (good or bad) or suggestions for the forum (graphics, activities, etc.) then talk about them here.

To guests and newbies: you can't advertise your servers here.
But you can advertise them here.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 21, 14 at 2:02am
Vast

quote Lorx
Vast

The concern I'd have is if the server forum currently works appropriately as a space dedicated to servers. If somebody wants to find a server, that prefix tag cloud was made to differentiate between those, not really for accommodating multiple platforms/means of play.
Ah, fair enough. Maybe, if they were to be moved, just have newcomers add the platform to the title? Obviously, many people wouldn't follow it, which could defeat the purpose, and it certainly doesn't warrant a subforum for now.

Although, for now, it should be fine. Thanks again!

Jul 19, 14 at 3:16pm
Lorx

Vast

The concern I'd have is if the server forum currently works appropriately as a space dedicated to servers. If somebody wants to find a server, that prefix tag cloud was made to differentiate between those, not really for accommodating multiple platforms/means of play.

Jul 18, 14 at 5:26pm
Vast

Lorx
Thanks! I see there's still a a fair amount of PS4 threads though. They aren't exactly servers, but maybe someone could change the Servers forum to be renamed to Minecraft Multiplayer or something like that and could include all PC, Xbox, and PlayStation servers/multiplayer games?

Jul 18, 14 at 8:40am
Lorx

Vast I did a quick sweep and picked up some of the obvious stuff, deleting duplicates and moving server threads. While the forum doesn't currently have local/section mods, if you add threads that need to be moved to the report queue a cat/super will take notice and shift it to the proper area.

Jul 18, 14 at 6:43am
Vast

Thanks, Lorx!

Also, if you have time, could you clear up the first few pages of the forums? They're flooded with server advertisements that belong in the Minecraft Servers sub-forum. Maybe a big note in the header reminding newer members to use the proper forum?

It's a bit of a shame that there aren't many local / section mods for this forum. Minecraft is still a strong game and still gains a fair amount of posts from newcomers on Neoseeker. If the first few pages weren't flooded with advertisements and links to hack downloads, then some of them may actually stick around when they see discussion threads. The forum used to have a strong community, so a rebuilding of it could be doable if there was enough commitment towards it and proper regulating of spam/advertisement threads.

Jul 14, 14 at 6:05pm
Lorx

quote Vast
Alright, cool. Thanks, Lorx!

PC Games / Steam Forum / General PS4 / Xbox One for subforums?

Also done!

Jul 14, 14 at 5:11pm
Vast

Alright, cool. Thanks, Lorx!

PC Games / Steam Forum / General PS4 / Xbox One for subforums?

Jul 14, 14 at 2:59pm
Lorx

Vast subforums have been removed, the threads they contained now are here.

Jul 02, 14 at 1:14am
Lorx

I'll look into it Vast. I see where you're coming from, those subs certainly don't seem all that useful at current.

Jul 01, 14 at 7:17am
Vast

Lorx
Is there a way for you or another Super to merge the Resource Packs, Maps, and Mods forum into this one? None of them have many posts, and it would allow for more subforums to be added without having a lot.

New subforums could be Minecraft: Pocket Edition, Minecraft Servers, PC Games and Steam, General Xbox One, and General Playstation 4?

Thanks. :3