Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Harvest Moon DS Cute » Harvest Moon DS Cute Forum Awards 2011! » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Feb 12, 11 at 9:46pmCrystal Rain

Welcome to the third annual Harvest Moon DS Cute Awards!

You can view our first two awards here and here.

What is this? This is a forum awards, where we give out awards to our members for practically anything we can think of. Once the votes are calculated and posted, the winners will get prizes! I will post the top three people for each category. We also have awards that relate specifically to the game HMDS Cute.

Suggestions The first stage of the awards will be suggestions. You can post in this thread any ideas you have for additional categories, and we will discuss as a group whether or not we should add them. Please take not that your category isn’t too close to one we already have. Also I have included at the bottom of this post some categories we have had in the past, but that I have removed for various reasons. I you feel any should be involved again, just state which one and why. I will be taking suggestions until Tuesday February 15th Monday February 14th.

Nominations During this stage everyone will PM their nominations to me, Crystal Rain. PLEASE put ‘HMDS Cute Nominations’ in the subject title, or I may not count your nominations. I will reply once I have counted your nomination, so that is how I will know. Please nominate somebody for as many categories as possible. If you really can’t think of any, you can leave a few blank, but if more than 25-50% is blank, I may not count your nominations. Note that you can only nominate up to two people per category, and it cannot be yourself. You do not have to nominate two people; this is only if you cannot decide and think both people are very deserving. The deadline for nominations will be midnight between Friday February 25th and Saturday February 26th.

Voting After the nominations have been tallied, I will post them both on the post reserved for them below, and on whichever page in this thread we happen to be on. You will then vote for ONE person from the possible choices for that category, and you cannot vote for yourself. Send them to me in a PM titled ‘HMDS Cute Votes’. Once again, I will reply to your PM once I count your votes. Try to not leave any blank, but if you absolutely have to, I would rather you left it blank then put down somebody you weren’t sure if they fit because you didn’t know enough about it. Again, if too many are left blank I may not count it. The deadline for voting is to be announced.

Deadlines
Suggestions: Tues Feb 15th Mon Feb 14th
Nominations: Fri Feb 25th
Voting: To be announced

*Note: All times are in EST (5 hours behind GMT) unless otherwise noted, and all ‘official’ deadlines are at midnight on the date mentioned (i.e. you still have all of next Tuesday to make suggestions). However, you may continue to suggest, nominate and vote during that particular phase until I have posted ending it. So, sometimes you may have a little longer.

Rules Please follow the forum and site-wide rules; I’m sure everybody knows them by now. Also, while you can feel free to discuss here, please do not spam with meaningless posts, don’t try to get people to vote for you, and don’t post who you have nominated/voted for. You can do this at the end, if you’d like, but not during the corresponding phases. Finally, as you cannot nominate/vote for yourself, please do not nominate/vote for somebody just because they’re your friend. Pick somebody who deserves it. =]

Categories Finally my rambling is just about done, here are the categories!

Old Categories As I mentioned, I took out some categories from past years (and added a few of my own). If you see one here that you want back, let me know in this post with a reason.

Favorite Male – Not enough males visit to make it worthwhile
Favorite Female - Same as above. Might as well just have Favorite Member in general
Most Well-Liked Member - Too similar to Favorite Member
Least-Liked Animal
Least-Liked House Addition
Favorite Pet - The pets can just be included in with ‘favorite animal’, since there’s only two or three, depending on whether you count the horse
Favorite Tool - Similar to most-used tool
Favorite Mine - There’s only four, and I just don’t see this one really meaning a lot to anyone

Notifications I am just notifying everyone who expressed interest, and people who I think may be interested in such an event. ^^

Bitter Sweet
snow
glameowlover
beccyorange28
livstme
Tirannaniel
Alexansar
Xenophilia
Mylene
Cloud Me
NextHanna
Midnight Blue
Sassy Sierra

Note: Due to a bug, the spoiler which contains the Categories is currently not working. If this isn't fixed soon, I'll get rid of the spoiler tags and just post the Categories so you can all see them...

Note: Spoilers have been fixed ^^

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 01, 11 at 5:01pm
snow

It's cool that you want to do new things but
I'm happy with a stamp,don't make it hard on yourself

Apr 01, 11 at 2:46am
Crystal Rain

Back to witches and wizards and magical beasts, back to goblins and ghosts and magical feasts...

Haha, I can't really afford a name change for everyone... But, I do have some ideas and hope to put it up for you soon. I do apologize that this is taking so long... hope you all love it anyways =)

Apr 01, 11 at 12:34am
NextHanna

quote Crystal Rain
Xenophilia: Now I'm totally going to have the Very Potter Musical theme song stuck in my head... that's okay, better than the Rebecca Black song that keeps getting lodged in there...

Oh, so does anyone else have prize ideas? What till you see what I'm coming up with. :3 I hope you'll like it...

I GOTTA GET BACK TO HOGWARTS; I GOTTA GET BACK TO SCHOOL! My friend and I were singing that one day. And Cho Chang's song. XD

For those who want one: a name change. Just kidding. Maybe like, a n awesome guestbook signing? Forum domination for a day? :> XD

Mar 28, 11 at 12:30pm
Bitter Sweet

B'aww, you guys make my day. <3 Thanks so much!

Prizes? Ahh ... we could always do a guestbook stamp, again. Except, this time, only one general stamp, rather than having a stamp for every category. That's just... a lot.

Other than that, I can't think of anything. xD Sorry guys.

Mar 28, 11 at 10:26am
beccyorange

Thanks guys! First in 2 I think, second in 5 and third in 7.

An idea for the prize could be maybe a stamp or something like that?

Mar 27, 11 at 10:52pm
Crystal Rain

Xenophilia: Now I'm totally going to have the Very Potter Musical theme song stuck in my head... that's okay, better than the Rebecca Black song that keeps getting lodged in there...

Oh, so does anyone else have prize ideas? What till you see what I'm coming up with. :3 I hope you'll like it...

Mar 27, 11 at 10:46pm
Xenophilia

Holy hippogryphs! Favorite Member? Oh geez, you guys are too sweet. :) Thankyouthankyou for all of the votes! Excuse me while I find a corner to curl up in and cry tears of happiness;

I feel so loved! Thanks again for all of the many awesome votes! You guys are totally awesome! [/starkid reference] Also congrats to ev'rybody else! You guys are major cool beans. 8D

Mar 27, 11 at 7:00pm
snow

Congrats to everyone,thanks for voting for Sierra and me
I'm most motherly,I'd be excited but I'm very tired xD

Mar 27, 11 at 6:56pm
livstme

Oh my gosh! Cuddliest member! I think you guys deserve a hug
Well done everybody

Mar 27, 11 at 4:49pm
Crystal Rain

Oh poor cat! D= Though if I hadn't known the results already, I might have screamed at mine too, as she is currently sitting on me. xD

Thanks everyone ^^ It was a very good turnout this year - with lots of ties, haha. Some categories every single person who was nominated placed...