Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Neoseeker reviews the Sapphire Pure Black X58 » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 19, 11 at 4:35am
Supernova1332

Although i'm disappointed that sli was negated from an x58 board it's not like evga didnt remove crossfire compatibility on their mobo's. Glad to see sapphire reach for something higher in the mobo sector though, hopefully they'll work on their PSU branch some more. Here's hoping they make a sweet 990fx board when BD comes out.

Feb 15, 11 at 3:30pm
brechan69

" The PURE Black can support up to 32GB of triple-channel DDR3 memory..."
Don't know where you got this number from, as all the X58 boards I have seen, allow for up to 24GB of memory.[link name=]http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=2&leg=&psn=000102&gid=1039&sgid=1051[/link]

The only other things I don't like about the design of this board is for $300; Sapphire should have done away with the PS2/ keyboard, the legacy IDE connector, and the PCI 32 bit slot...if I have the money to blow on an X58 board, then I want the latest technology, not legacy parts cluttering up my board.

Feb 11, 11 at 1:39am
leochan

Sapphire makes a comeback in the motherboard market, and this time they're aiming right at the enthusiasts with their PURE Black lineup of boards. Their Intel X58-based PURE Black X58 motherboard looks to check off most of the features we've come to expect for this market segment, now see how well it fares in our own checklist by hitting the review link!