Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Dreams » Requests, Feedback, and Suggestions » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jan 28, 11 at 11:45pmEndless Ages

Hey guys! This is a thread where people can post what they feel about the forum. Don't be afraid to come in and post what you feel we need to do in order to make the forum better. Remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Mar 11, 12 at 2:44pm
Divinorse

Everyone please give the dream journals thread a look I need to know if it is missing anyone's journals.

I tried to update the list as best I could with all the new journals that weren't added to it until now, if you find your journal still hasn't been added please post with the url to the journal and I will add it to the page, thanks guys!

Dream Journals Thread

Sep 07, 11 at 4:52pm
TripleDX

We can just brainstorm it in here for a few days.

maybe we can leave the theme open, this could inspire more people to join in

we need to set a limit on how long these stories can go on, these are dreams so the possibilities are endless so a limit of words is needed

there is my 2 cents lol (its 3am here!)

Sep 07, 11 at 4:03am
Divinorse

quote Crystal Rain
And try to respond during daylight hours when I think more coherently...
I do agree with this.

It is nearly 12am and I am actually quite tired.

But, would you care to brainstorm some ideas for the contest in here tomorrow in the daytime hours?

I'm up for it if you are~!

Sep 07, 11 at 4:00am
Crystal Rain

Divinorse: Well, like I was saying in my post before the one you quoted, we could maybe say that you're telling a dream as it's happening (either to yourself or write in third person), or something crazy and psychadelic, but as if it's actually happening (so fantasy fiction, really), or maybe not fiction at all, but rather an interpretation of what dreams mean.

If you're looking for something different in terms of 'guidelines', please let me know and I'll try to remember what I'd been thinking of. And try to respond during daylight hours when I think more coherently...

Sep 07, 11 at 3:27am
Kubrick

Maybe instead of dreaming, maybe more of a nightmare sort of theme. And maybe not what a dream you had, but a made up one. And maybe the Judging should be either the quality of the writing, the more unrealistic, or unrealistic, and the Plot of the dream~ c;

Sep 07, 11 at 2:33am
Divinorse

quote Crystal Rain
Well, I think you need some sort of guideline, or it is likely to get really confusing. And, it will be hard to decide on judging criterea if there is a vast amount of variety
Care to give any suggestions on how this "writing competition" could work out essentially with a more narrow subject?

I'm open to ALL suggestions guys and it's what is needed right now in order to begin this contest!

It is up to you, the community of Dreams, to help create this contest to come!

=D

Jul 31, 11 at 2:35pm
Crystal Rain

Well, I think you need some sort of guideline, or it is likely to get really confusing. And, it will be hard to decide on judging criterea if there is a vast amount of variety.

One more thing, I request there is nothing like Finnegans Wake. xD That would be insane! (It's a book by James Joyce that is about a guy who is dreaming, and is apparently one of the most difficult books to read in English literature. So, none of that, please! xD)

Jul 31, 11 at 4:51am
Kubrick

Honestly, I think you could do anything, just as long as it incorporates Dreaming, or a general gist of dreams. ;D

Jul 31, 11 at 4:33am
TripleDX

Im a little confused myself tbh. i think what Crystal Rain said that both of those ideas could be a choice of how to do it. they both consist of dreams. the idea of what seems like a dream but turns out it isnt i think is perfect for a story!

Jul 31, 11 at 4:11am
Crystal Rain

Sorry, maybe it's just because it's so late over here and I'm tired anyways, but can we be a little clearer on what this contest would be? Like, is it a story about a dream - i.e. the person is sleeping and has a dream, and you write about it. Or is it a story about something that is so crazy it could be a dream, but it's set to be someone's actual life (which I think Div may have been getting at when he mentioned something about different planets). Or is it to explore the idea behind dreams in general?

I'm inclined to think it's something along the ideas of the second thing I said, but I could be wrong, and would very much like somebody to clear it up! =D

And, I'd say I'll participate, but as we've seen from the past many contests, I keep neglecting to participate where I say I will. So, I'll just say I'd like to, and it's possible I will...