Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Monster Hunter Portable 3rd » switch axe SA discussion » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jan 27, 11 at 5:32pmdaddy

I been using switch axe for awhile, but there are some deep understanding that I just discover so far.

1. Jinouga axe with sharpness +1 (handicraft) skill is the best set for axe. It will match any set even if the monsters is not weak to thunder at all. The reason for that is the power coating give 25% increase to raw. And jinouga axe with S+1 skill have a highest raw. It had tiny blue sharpness, but when you have S+1 skill, it had a biggest white bar. lol.

2. I used only 2 of main moves for axe are triangle in sword mode and burst thrust. Charge spirit bar and repeat. Axe mode will never match sword mode, so use it only when you have to. The burst thrust attk with fast triangle tapping will do more damage than 2 LBB+, so plan to do this attack all the time. I think this is a strongest combo in mh3rd.

Welcome to post any useful tips for axe.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 29, 12 at 10:21am
Raxia

Another Set for Dragon Element:

No Slot Weapon
Jinouga Helm (low rank)
Escadora Soul
Escadora Arms
Vangis Tasset
Escadora Scale
Charm: Sharpness+5, Dragon Atk+9

Jewel:
Jump Jewel (1) x1
Dragon Atk Jewel (2) x2
Element Jewel (1) x1
Razor Jewel (1) x2

Skill:
Dragon Element + 2
Evasion Up
Elemental Atk Up
Sharp Sword

*This is my fave set when i'm against monsters w/ dragon element weakness. SA deal good elemental dmg so boosting it + white sharpness can maximize that part.

Aug 29, 12 at 10:13am
Raxia

Just want to share my armor set on SA:

No Slot Weapon
Damascus Helm
Escadora Soul
Escadora Arms
Damascus Coil
Escadora Scale
Charm: Elemental + 3 (3 slot)

Jewels:
Jump Jewel (3) x1
Jump Jewel (1) x1
Artisan Jewel (3) x2
Artisan Jewel (1) x1
Sharpener Jewel (1) x3

Skill:
Evasion Up
Sharpness + 1
Elemental Atk Up
Spd Sharpening

Feb 17, 12 at 3:09am
hobobozo

This forum hasn't been active in a while, but I have a question. I'm still working my way through the 3 star village quests, and I'm using the bone axe + which has the power phial. I'm also wearing the Jaggi armour, along with 3 attack up 1+ decorations which gives me the (M) attack up (15+), so how do I work out the raw damage for sword mode, is it;

(115+15)*1.25=162.5
or
(115*1.25)+15-158.75?

Jan 17, 12 at 12:43am
Loto Drandel

switch axe is a very nasty weapon in my opinion, especially when utilized correctly; i've played MHP3rd for about 2 months and done pretty well (different controls compared to Tri since Tri is on Wii lol)

Jan 16, 12 at 1:17am
Iyokuu

I finally got MHP3rd on my PSP and have been playing for a few hours. It's nice to know this thread has some decent to good SA sets for me to try out/aim for. I really can't wait to fight the Jin.

Nov 23, 11 at 8:07pm
faustomartense

I need to test this, but some people say you can accelerate the burst by holding the analog stick down. Less damage, since it hit the monster less time.

PD: Sorry for my English, I am new to SA.

May 05, 11 at 8:41pm
daddy

quote xWyvernRathalosx
I cant get switch axe to do the big giant burst.
To do burst attack, you have to be in sword mode, and your charge bar have to be more than half. To activate the attack, press circle + triangle at the same time. After that tap on triangle as fast as you can to do extra damage.

quote xWyvernRathalosx
I have mastered the charge attack.
What is charge attack?

quote xWyvernRathalosx
And am also haveing trouble with

the non stop swing that drains your stamina.
This attacks are weak and drain your stamina. I was using them in axe mode until I found out they did less damage than just normal axe swing (circle and triangle). I don't see any benefit from this attack except for make you look like god in a group. Seem like you attack the monster more than everyone else, but your budies are actually the one who kill the monster, you just scatching most of the time.

Anyway, here are 2 way to activate the fast swing. You can only do this in axe mode. Attack with select then follow up with tapping circle to swing away your stamina. 2nd way, attack with circle+triangle, then tapping circle to get in fast swing.

May 04, 11 at 11:02pm
xWyvernRathalosx

I cant get switch axe to do the big giant burst.

I have mastered the charge attack.

And am also haveing trouble with

the non stop swing that drains your stamina.

Elp!: Help!

Apr 26, 11 at 4:35pm
firestorm79

quote Tailypo
I've read somewhere that turning the analog stick quickly when you're tapping the Triangle button for the Burst makes it blow off more quickly, but I have yet to test it.

^There's something hiding in my post, too.
holding the analogue stick down whilst tapping triangle makes burst blow off more quickly

Apr 26, 11 at 6:55am
Tailypo

I've read somewhere that turning the analog stick quickly when you're tapping the Triangle button for the Burst makes it blow off more quickly, but I have yet to test it.

^There's something hiding in my post, too.