Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » PC speakers picking up interference from monitor ??? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jan 22, 11 at 5:18pmS h a d o w

This is the third set of speakers that have done this now and i am clueless to what is causing it/ why and its really bugging me!.

When they are plugged in they make a slight buzzing noise, when i move the cursor the noise gets louder, when i hover over an icon on the desktop the noise get a bit louder, when i hover over a link and it lights up the noise gets a bit louder.

Also when watching videos on youtube the noise is constant;y quite loud and you can hear it over the music.

On the front of the speaker is a headphone port. When i plug my headphones into it the noise plays though them. But when they are plugged directly into the back of the computer there is no noise at all.

The noise seems to react to activity on the monitor so i thought it might be causing the noise, i might be wrong.

If it makes any difference the speakers are plugged into the green headphone port on the back of the PC.
And i have tried moving them further away from each other.
It says ont he box the speaker are Magnetically Shielded.
I have absolutely no idea what to do, if anyone has any ideas at all then let me know.

Thanks

Edit/ Read this somewhere, could this be it? sounds like it could be.

".they r picking up the interferance from the pc voltage that is running throught the system it doesnt take much power to listen to the litle stand alone speakers on your ipod ..but the pc is putting out more power than the iposd so it picks up the static rom the comp.parts"

My PC is under the desk and my speakers are on the desk.
If this is the problem what could be a solution ?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 09, 13 at 10:29am
Tails Fan

I got this bug today at around 10:05 A.M.

Jun 09, 13 at 9:20am
L/R/front&center

just thought I'd chime in with my two cents worth. I was having a similar issue - a low, pulsing, helicopter-like distortion on the center as well as front L/Rs.

what Bill Gates03 suggested about turning off PC inputs - mic, line in, etc. - worked like a charm for the fronts. For the center speaker once I moved my cable TV receiver away the interference ceased immediately.

hope all of you are able to solve this annoyance without too much hassle.

May 02, 13 at 8:58am
FoleyArtistMatt

Hey

I've got some active monitors that had loud interference issues, seemingly tied in with my laptop thinking.

So long as the laptop charger is plugged into a different electrical outlet than the monitors this stops.

Hope this helps

Matt.

Apr 07, 13 at 9:26am
webally

Just put the audio jack in the rear port

Dec 20, 12 at 9:57am
jimmy94

Hello all,
I was having a very similar problem, brand new LED monitor causing my speakers (old bookshelf CD/radio/ DUAL TAPE DECK) to do soft but regular and annoying interference noises. I solved it by untangling the audio cable going from sound system to onboard audio and routing it away from every other cable. Problem solved.

Apr 24, 12 at 10:03pm
cpt_badass

This board might be dead, but I came to it with the original poster's exact problem.

Brand new PC custom built gaming rig
(AMD Phenom II 1090T, Corsair 650watt PSU, Coolermaster HAF case, 8 gb 1333 DDR3, 1GB ATI Radeon 6850 HD, Soundblaster 7.1 soundcard, Logitech 5.1 surround sound system)

Modem is in a different room, no dvd or vcr devices near by, one radio 10 feet away with a cell phone.

What worked for me, as dumb as it sounds, was disabling my microphone through the windows recording devices window.

I don't have a microphone plugged in at all, but disabling it made my speakers go true silent, I thought I broke something at first, before I realized, my god, this is what silence is...

As a side note, I think it's wild that my soundcard's mic input is picking up all device activity. It's especially noticeable while playing video games, in that the complexity of the render determines the speed of the clicking noise, and as a result creates different humming sounds that are fairly audible over the regular game sounds.

Feb 02, 12 at 11:00pm
biomed

You don't have a cheap generic power supply do you?

Feb 01, 12 at 6:10pm
DrAl

I had the same problem - loud noise-like intermittent interference when loading some bits of a web page, especially videos/flash. Then I discovered that it still happened when all outputs from the computer were muted but the speakers were turned on. In my case it turned out that re-routing the audio cable away from some mains and other cables solved the problem. Never had a problem with this before - my only change has been a network over the mains adaptor instead of wireless.

Jan 26, 11 at 1:10am
VeGiTAX2

quote The Slayer
usually a dedicated sound card fixes it.
This is becoming less and less the case actually, poor circuitry / PCB's and no shielding mean that the sound is just as vulnerable still :/ people are trying to go digital with USB cards to try and bypass that issue though because the interference is obviously less outside of the case.

Jan 25, 11 at 11:11pm
Bill Gates03

Go into audio settings and turn off any aux inputs or mic inputs.