Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Golden Sun: Dark Dawn » Is Rief my fourth permanent character? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jan 15, 11 at 8:22pmCrystalLaser

I saw a lot about this game, and how you get a pantheon of guest characters, and during trailers and stuff, I only saw Matthew, Karis, and Tyrell as the main cast. But then I got Rief, who fits with the cast perfectly, and has been with my party for a pretty good amount of time.

So, is Rief my fourth character? I have given him pretty much no items, and he is usually the last one I upgrade equipment for, because if he isn't staying long, I don't want him to take all my items with him or waste money re-equipping him each time.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 20, 12 at 7:34pm
AgatioGanon

Does Reif have to be playable in Golden Sun 4?

I'd rather just have Nowell, Mia, Peirs and Amiti for Mercury Adepts

Aug 10, 12 at 6:42pm
GaTheZakk

I know Nowell is a girl, she looks just like Mia and I hope she takes Reif's place as being playable in the next game as the Mercury Adept.

Aug 02, 12 at 6:08pm
Duncan Idaho

quote GaTheZakk
boy it's his siter who is a girl

Aug 02, 12 at 12:06pm
GaTheZakk

I Reif a girl or a boy?

All this time I thought she was a girl however I'm hearing alot of pronouns like he or him suggesting she's a boy.

I even drew a picture of her as a girl, so is Reif a girl or a boy?

I hope she's a girl because it would be sad if she's acually a boy considering she can only use maces and staffs and can't even use a light blade.

Jan 24, 11 at 5:01pm
Coby Shadow

I find the best combination of party members are either:

Primary: Matthew/Himi, Sveta, Rief & Tyrell/Eoleo.
Secondary: Himi/Matthew, Karis, Amiti & Eoleo/Tyrell.

Jan 16, 11 at 4:30am
Duncan Idaho

quote Elliot Gale
Karis is a better healer and general utility character than Rief could ever hope to be.
if there isnt i'm gonna open a character discussion topic, to avoid this one being deranged, karis is a decent healer rief can do more, and also you will wnat sveta over karis, sveta options at the time of attacking and her classes outclass said character, she has 4-6 options on attack, my party is usually mathew, sveta, rief, Paolo i chose rief over amiti, who is a physical water adept, and we have mathew who offensive in off, and usually superior in most situations, not to mention rief is more a cleric than amiti or karis will ever dream of, paolo over tyrell cuz the former has simply way more options in psyenergy and has one in particular exclusive to him so bunching all the item nased psyenergies of his element is not such a bad idea, his only problem is that he cannot equip a dark sword (correct me if i am wrong).

Jan 16, 11 at 3:19am
Elliot Gale

Karis is a better healer and general utility character than Rief could ever hope to be.

Jan 16, 11 at 3:11am
Duncan Idaho

quote Elliot Gale
Yes. You likely WILL ABUSE him later.
the *other* water adept that joins you is a oriented figther not healer rief has a multi heal spell that i usefull for lal character and at max i think it heals 1500 HP.

Jan 15, 11 at 10:49pm
Cloud Me

Yep, they all stay with you forever and ever, though I'm not sure if the second air adept loses your items when she joins you for the first time...Wiat, I think shes just a guest when she first joins so you can't give her any items, it would make snice. You don't have to worry with Amite, I know for sure he stays for sure.

Jan 15, 11 at 10:33pm
CrystalLaser

So, do you mean every character I get in this game except maybe one will stay in my party permanently? Because if so, I'd like Amiti to pull his weight in supplies as well. He's much better than Rief, BTW.

Yeah, the concept of Guest characters besides Jenna would be new, but I'm just making sure, because there are games where Guest characters come, stay with you for 10 minutes, and leave with your stuff.