Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Pokémon HeartGold Version » Which came first, Arceus or Mew? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.Hey! Want advice/feedback on your Pokemon team? All "rate my team" threads belong in the Strategy forum!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Jan 13, 11 at 10:29pmmjw46368

The new generation of pokemon bothers me. I had not caught mew in leafgreen, but I had a handbook i got at a store which had its definition as the ancestor of all pokemon. Then I got a newer handbook, saying that Arceus was the creator of the universe. Now there's a debate in my head wondering which was the first. I mean, they can't just change that! They have research that proves that mew can learn any move from any pokemon in any generation of pokemon games. Now arceus shows up and they think he is the ultimate pokemon? He can change types, but thats about it. it can only learn TM moves of the type of its held plate, come on! Please help me.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 12, 14 at 8:55pm
kaderp

Actually, it could be much more simple than that:

Arceus was born, created Mew, and had Mew take a part in the creation of the world.

Oct 12, 14 at 8:51pm
kaderp

I love how everyone keeps saying Mew when Arceus' pokedex entry proves otherwise. Mew's does indeed say it was the ancestor of all Pokémon, but that would have to exclude Arceus. Why? Arceus is said to be born from nothingness, so Mew couldn't have existed before Arceus, unless Arceus didn't create the Pokémon world. But then again, the pokedex entry says it did. There's no reason to make up all these theories and arguments; its just a game.

Oct 06, 14 at 12:17pm
max-cash

And the worrld of pokemon is just our parallel universe

Oct 06, 14 at 12:14pm
max-cash

I ment changed its form not changed into its orignal form

Oct 06, 14 at 11:24am
max-cash

What if mews orignal form was arcius then created an arcius egg then changed into orignal fom,and Mew multiplied arcius made most legenderys.mew made all the pokemon.

Aug 16, 14 at 5:25am
Moshimoshlingfan

HI i'm moshimoshlingfan (Google account Also youtube)
Arceus is the creator of the universe the world the earth And the First human And pokemon (in the life earth or pokemon world)
The First human is unknown... The Very First pokemon gen That Makes more pokemon species is mew.
And a fossil pokemon Like kabuto is younger than mew. Mew Is Born million or billion years ago but There Is only one mew for now Also There Is know That mew Is the First And strongest pokemon but There Is a fossil of mew And the scientist make a mew DNA creates mewtwo That more strongest than mew.

And clearly If you ask Which Is the First Arceus or mew?
The First Is Arceus And the First pokemon life in earth Is mew That creates more species of pokemon

Jul 27, 14 at 8:01am
Pichu lover

quote mjw46368
The new generation of pokemon bothers me. I had not caught mew in leafgreen, but I had a handbook i got at a store which had its definition as the ancestor of all pokemon. Then I got a newer handbook, saying that Arceus was the creator of the universe. Now there's a debate in my head wondering which was the first. I mean, they can't just change that! They have research that proves that mew can learn any move from any pokemon in any generation of pokemon games. Now arceus shows up and they think he is the ultimate pokemon? He can change types, but thats about it. it can only learn TM moves of the type of its held plate, come on! Please help me.

Jul 15, 14 at 5:05am
Mark Waldron

Ok, I've been having a lot of thoughts about this recently and I think I've come to a logical conclusion.
Arceus gave birth to 4 eggs, 1 containing Dialga, 1 containing Palkia, 1 containing Giratina and 1 containing all 3 lake pokemon. It's said that the 3 dragon pokemon created the world (and distortion world if you want) and the 3 lake pokemon gave life to that world. It's a safe bet that the 3 lake Pokemon created legendaries such as Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza to keep the world stable and continuously habitable at least. This point then makes it not such a bad estimation to assume that the 3 lake Pokemon also created Mew as it's said even in the lore that in ancient times flocks of Mew inhabited the world. The many Mew having a stable world would of eventually evolved to suit its surroundings thus creating the Pokemon we know today, we could even stretch so far to say that some Mew were powerful enough to evolve into say Lugia or Ho-oh.

To summarise, I believe that Arceus created itself. It could just be a case that Arceus was floating around in the sea of chaos and thought "*bleep* this" and created the Pokemon universe we know today, but that's just my theory. I'm interested to hear any feedback you guys have.

Jun 19, 14 at 9:32pm
Velocirapter01

I've got three different theories for you all. One is they were born from the same thing/egg and created the Pokemon universe together. 2. Mew evolved into all other Pokemon. While arceus created his own diminsion while having two trios of Pokemon to take his spot. (yes it is shown in bot the movies and the games arceus created his OWN universe.) The last one is Both are false. Based off of incomplete facts or from ancient peoples who thought these Pokemon were gods. And as stated in bubipedia (who only 80% trust) Mew is based on an embryo ands cat. While arceus is based on the BELIEF of a creater deity and a really freaky (but cool) Goat. Hope this helps somewhat.

Jun 07, 14 at 8:17am
Ash85

Mew will always be first because *bleep* you.