Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Monster Hunter Portable 3rd » A guide for all things Bowgun. » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 09, 12 at 9:07pm
Jack'O'Nicholai

I have always been partial to the bowgun and ranged weapons and of my group I am normally the ONLY one going with projectiles and half of the armor. However even being a gunner for so long I never had a complete understanding of the shots and details. So even with all that experience, this guide has helped up my game and I only looked at it for a few moments...

Thank you for Looking into the facts and posting such a good guide

Jan 11, 11 at 7:28pm
daddy

Good job maze, I will try your 10 mins deviljho run. It would be nice if I can do in less than 15 min.

quote mazereon
And Silver Los armour is pretty much the best set in the game for both gunners and blademasters
Maze, check out this amor set that I just made.

full jhen set but replace 2nd piece for acient armor to get rapid fire+1 (need rustshard and lg acient stone).

Here is the skils I got:
thunder attk +1, rapid fire+1, load, pellet S up. I add jewel to get bullet limit, and 3 empty slots. If you have better charm(necklace) than me, you can have thunder attk +2. Or stinger skill. Best thunder set with jinouga LBG.

Got 25% increase from rapid fire+1 (from extra bullet). 10% from thunder attk+1. and extra load. This set is the best for thunder. Flinch silver los like crazy. Worth to check it out. I think you are under estimate the rapid fire +1 skill.

Jan 11, 11 at 1:07am
mazereon

The final Wind Barioth bow is even better for that IMO

Jan 10, 11 at 9:33pm
Narcissus

Nice work Maze. It's good to see you encouraging more people to abandon their 4OO defence and pick up a ranged weapon.

I was debating doing some Bow vids when I figure out how (I blame getting old for my techfail!). I still haven't upgraded my Jin gun, in 48 kills I gave procured 7 gems and 2 plates.. it seems like I'll never get the Plates to make it. By the way, try Silver Sol with Tigrex Bow (gemmed for AUL and Focus) against HR5 Los with heroics for lols.. pretty broken =p

Jan 10, 11 at 7:46pm
mazereon

http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/991479-monster-hunter-portable-3rd/faqs/61634

Firstly, sorry Mods, I couldn't see an appropriate place to submit this so I'll chuck it here. I know you're not keen on links that go outside Neo but I do think this would help answer a lot of questions.

This is a guide I've written to assist with getting into the mysterious art of gunning in P3rd. If you've ever wondered how shots work or which ones to use when, this Compendium should help you make informed choices and start kicking ass with them.

Here's a couple of reasons why you might like to try gunning.

Deviljho solo in 10 mins:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D95yosa2riw

And Silver Los armour is pretty much the best set in the game for both gunners and blademasters. Here's how to farm it really fast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y3Dm-tmFp0

Enjoy