Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Neoseeker reviews the Intel Core i7 2600K & i5 2500K Sandy Bridge CPUs! » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jan 03, 11 at 5:19amleochan

The next generation in Intel Core architecture is finally upon us in the form of the Sandy Bridge platform, leveraging the new LGA 1155 motherboard socket and Intel P67 and H67 chipsets. The new lineup of Intel Core i5 and i7 CPUs based on the Sandy Bridge architecture promise even better performance than Intel's current Nethalem CPUs, at no extra cost.

We join in on the launch madness with an in-depth review of two special Sandy Bridge CPUs, the Intel Core i5 2500K and Core i7 2600K, priced at $215 and $317, respectively. Both are "K" edition processors, meaning they sport an unlocked CPU multiplier for easy overclocking. We certainly didn't miss out on the chance to abuse that! See how well Intel's next generation Core architecture fares against the Nethalem, as well as AMD's hexa-cores, in our latest review!

Intel Core i7 2600K & i5 2500K "Sandy Bridge" Review

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 07, 11 at 8:18am
Gravity

Seen new evga p67 classified and Marshall big bang boards.
I think I'm going to wait just a bit before buying anything till the dust settles.

Jan 04, 11 at 8:58am
ali3n

quote Vagabond
quote ali3n
I'm slightly confused about the memory requirements. I see that you used 1600Mhz 1.65V sticks but I've been told that if I want to get SB I should be aiming for 1333Mhz 1.5V sticks. Is this true or will any dual channel DDR3 sticks work without a problem?
they are saying that because the memory control supports 1333. If you have a good board though 1600MHz will run fine. It is really no different than the LGA-1156 processors in that way. I did have an issue getting the Intel H67 motherboard to work with 1600MHz though.
Ah I see, thanks.

Jan 04, 11 at 1:32am
hiigaran

that is an insane multiplier...though considering that everything is all locked in to eachother, i wouldnt be all that surprised. what about the RAM though? how do you change the speed for that? does it have an insane multiplier as well?

Jan 04, 11 at 12:50am
Eternal

How much of a performance difference do you think the i5 2500k has over the i5 760, which I was so close to getting before.

Jan 03, 11 at 11:02pm
The Slayer

quote Vagabond
quote Gravity
That's weird. Awesome too.

So when you cranking up the heat? Like maybe additional run through with H50?
After I get back from CES.
If you let me borrow it while you're away, I'll give them all a good test!

Jan 03, 11 at 10:54pm
Vagabond

quote ali3n
I'm slightly confused about the memory requirements. I see that you used 1600Mhz 1.65V sticks but I've been told that if I want to get SB I should be aiming for 1333Mhz 1.5V sticks. Is this true or will any dual channel DDR3 sticks work without a problem?
they are saying that because the memory control supports 1333. If you have a good board though 1600MHz will run fine. It is really no different than the LGA-1156 processors in that way. I did have an issue getting the Intel H67 motherboard to work with 1600MHz though.

Jan 03, 11 at 9:40am
ali3n

Jan 03, 11 at 8:35am
Vagabond

quote Gravity

After I get back from CES.

Jan 03, 11 at 8:32am
Gravity

Jan 03, 11 at 8:26am
Vagabond

It fits with my H-50 LGA-1156 bracket and the Corsair H-50 bracket. I tried using it with a Gelid cooler during the review and the bracket it was just a touch off.