Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Golden Sun: Dark Dawn » DULLAHAN! battle strategies » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Dec 28, 10 at 11:34pmendonian

I defeated Dullahan on the first try. Note that I had all of the Djinn and every summon except Haures. All djinn except Bark, Shell, and Chasm were on standby.
Party 1:
Matthew (Bark)
Tyrell
Karis
Amiti(Shell)
Party 2:
Himi(Chasm)
Eoleo
Sveta
Rief

My strategy:
Turn 1:
1Matthew unleashes Bark
2Tyrell summons Daedalus
3Karis summons Eclipse
4Amiti summons Eclipse

Dullahan does any move that isn't Djinn storm or Djinn blast

Turn 2:
1Matthew summons Daedalus
2Tyrell does any summon not involving themercury/jupiter djinn if Daedalus is unavailable
3Karis summons Eclipse
4Amiti unleashes shell

Turn 3:
If some of your front liners arent dead yet, keep fighting and don't heal until they die

Turn 4:
1Himi unleashes Chasm
2Eoleo summons Daedalus
3Sveta summons Eclipse
4Rief summons eclipse

Turn 5:
If Dullahan is not dead yet, repeat turn 4, he should die.

What is your strategy? Did it work? Does this strategy work for you? ANSWER MY QUESTIONS!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 13, 13 at 2:06pm
demonickiller23

There's three secret bosses? What are they?

Oct 13, 13 at 2:03pm
demonickiller23

No. Didn't work actually. Tried it. It BLOWS!!!!!

Oct 13, 13 at 2:02pm
demonickiller23

quote endonian
I defeated Dullahan on the first try. Note that I had all of the Djinn and every summon except Haures. All djinn except Bark, Shell, and Chasm were on standby.
Party 1:
Matthew (Bark)
Tyrell
Karis
Amiti(Shell)
Party 2:
Himi(Chasm)
Eoleo
Sveta
Rief

My strategy:
Turn 1:
1Matthew unleashes Bark
2Tyrell summons Daedalus
3Karis summons Eclipse
4Amiti summons Eclipse

Dullahan does any move that isn't Djinn storm or Djinn blast

Turn 2:
1Matthew summons Daedalus
2Tyrell does any summon not involving themercury/jupiter djinn if Daedalus is unavailable
3Karis summons Eclipse
4Amiti unleashes shell

Turn 3:
If some of your front liners arent dead yet, keep fighting and don't heal until they die

Turn 4:
1Himi unleashes Chasm
2Eoleo summons Daedalus
3Sveta summons Eclipse
4Rief summons eclipse

Turn 5:
If Dullahan is not dead yet, repeat turn 4, he should die.

What is your strategy? Did it work? Does this strategy work for you? ANSWER MY QUESTIONS!

Aug 16, 13 at 2:58pm
AgatioGanon

quote kdbar
Funny, everyone talks about summon rushing..... I've been through the whole game twice(beating dullahan and and the other three secret bosses) and I never summoned once! I thought the goal of this or any other game was to be challenged? what's the point if all you do is "rush"
That's because despite his hp increase, he's actually a bit easier.

I think the HP increase is for mere intimidation.

Aug 09, 13 at 9:07am
kdbar

Funny, everyone talks about summon rushing..... I've been through the whole game twice(beating dullahan and and the other three secret bosses) and I never summoned once! I thought the goal of this or any other game was to be challenged? what's the point if all you do is "rush"

Mar 03, 13 at 11:39am
AgatioGanon

Let me guess he used Djinn Storm which is really annoying btw, then used Charon, I hate that combo.

I also miss being able to use the Formina Sage, Charon combo like in Lost Age, you can use this combo on the Doom Dragon, I would of liked to use it on Chaos Chimera too.

Feb 09, 13 at 1:13pm
Annonomus

I fought dullahan and used a calculator to keep track of his health and he killed me when he only had 1 life, this stratagy must only work if you have luck and speed because i tried it and faild and i have low luck and speed

Jul 29, 12 at 3:42am
qf_wax

I guess summon rush is the most efficient way of defeating Dullahan. My team rushed Dullahan in two turns without Dullahan making any action!

Here's the detail of the battle:

Before the battle status: (Since it is a summon rush, only element power, agility is relavant statistics)

Matthew(Lv50): Gaia Blade (Earth power + 20), Planet Armor (Earth power + 10), Warrior's Helm (Earth power +10), Hover Greave (Agility*1.5), 6 Mars Djinn Stand by, 2 Mercury Djinn Stand by, 1 Venus Djinn, All these result in a Earth power of 149 and agility 370.

Himi(Lv49): 8 Venus Djinn Stand by, 1 Mercury Djinn (Himi can be replaced by somebody else)

Karis(Lv45): Swift Sword (Jupiter power + 10), Feathered Robe (Jupiter power + 20), Air Bangle (Jupiter power + 30), Zol Ring (Agility*1.8), 8 Jupiter Djinn Stand by, 1 Jupiter Djinn, All these result in a Jupiter power of 169, and agility 518

Sveta(Lv45): Zol Ring (Agility*1.8), 8 Jupiter Djinn Stand by, 1 Jupiter Djinn "Peace", All these result in an agility of 352 ( lower than Matthew's, but higher than Dullahan's)

Tyrell (Lv 50): 9 Venus Djinn stand by (Tyrell can be replaced by somebody else)

Now the battle begins:
Turn 1
1. Karis Summons Catastrophe, Dullahan loses 3620HP, 35PP, Karis's Mars power raised by 60, Jupiter power raised by 31
2. Matthew Summons Charon, Dullahan loses 3571HP, Matthew's Venus power raised by 46, Jupiter power raised by 30
3. Sveta Summons Peace, the first turn ends. Dullahan recovers 200 HP.

Turn 2
Exchange Himi for Tyrell (With 9 Venus Djinn standing by)
1. Karis Summons Catastrophe, Dullahan loses 4059HP, 35PP, Karis's Mars power raised by 60.
2. Matthew Summons Charon, Dullahan loses 4377HP, Matthew's Jupiter power raised by 30
3. Sveta Summons Eclipse, Dullahan loses 1745HP.
Dullahan is defeated.

Analysis:[div align=left][/div]
Upon the battle against Dullahan, the strongest Summon the team will have is Catastrophe and Charon, the idea is to boost the element power of whoever is going to summon Catastrophe (Jupiter) and Charon (Earth).
We also need one team member faster than the boss but slower than the other two summon casters to summon Peace to end the first turn, so that Dullahan is never going to have any move.
Himi and Tyrell are just here to carry Djinn Standing by for summons, and thus can be replaced by someone else.
The reason to summon Eclipse rather than Azul (a stronger summon than Eclipse) as a final hit is that Dullahan has a very high resistance (190) on Mercury, and a lowest resistance (110) on Jupiter and Eclipse is a Jupiter summon while Azul is Mercury.

Interest Finding:[b][/b]
When comparing the estimation and the real total damage casted on Dullahan using the damage formula for summons, I found out one interesting setting of the game Although Dullahan has a maximun HP of 16,000. When calculating the summon damage to be casted on Dullahan, the game actually uses 9999 as his max HP, which result in a far lower real damage compared with the estimation.

The summon damage formula can be found at: http://goldensunwiki.net/Summon

Jun 24, 12 at 6:27pm
GaTheZakk

I first spam Catastrophe and Thor, then just keep attacking and healing.
If he knocks someone out, well they were very kind in giving away all those Water of Lifes.

Jul 08, 11 at 7:05pm
shdwdrgn

Sadly Dullahan is much more manageable since he has a set attack pattern. If you follow it closely you'll find that he uses his moves in specified sets of three in the same manner and he has about 9 different move sets. Knowing his rotation allows you to simply Djinn lock him to prevent the key moves that make him such a pain. Though the moveset he leads with will vary from encounter to encounter his rotation will remain the same in most cases.