Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Super Smash Bros. Brawl » GRR! Darn you Marth!!! » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Animal Crossing Donkey Kong Earthbound Fire Emblem F Zero Game and Watch Ice Climber Kid Icarus Kirby Mario Megaman Metal Gear Metroid Pikmin Pokemon ROB Sonic Starfox Warioware Wii Fit Yoshi Legend of Zelda Bowser Captain Falcon Charizard King Dedede Diddy Kong Donkey Kong Doctor Mario Duck Hunt Falco Fox Ganondorf Game and Watch Ice Climbers Ike Ivysaur Jigglypuff Kirby Link Little Mac Lucario Lucas Luigi Mario Marth Meta Knight Mewtwo Ness Olimar Pac-Man Peach Pichu Pikachu Pit Pokemon Trainer ROB Roy Samus Sheik Shulk Snake Sonic Squirtle Smash Bros Toon Link Wario Wolf Yoshi Young Link Zelda Zero Suit Samus

hideOriginal Post

Dec 18, 10 at 4:49amsurfer1020

okay, so i need to know right away, how the heck im i supposed to counter Marth's counter!? my friend totally fudgin' abuses that technique! =/ he uses it in almost every move i try to hit him with. are there any tips for me that can help out just a bit?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 26, 12 at 9:28pm
Fury

If you play a counter-happy Marth, you can bait the counter by doing empty hops. Jump up near him and he'll counter, then you can just grab him or hit him right as the counter ends. You can do the same thing against any character really, except you try to bait the air dodge instead.

Apr 26, 12 at 4:25pm
Spontex

whenever he counters i grab him and throw him! (Works best in SD)

Jan 04, 11 at 2:14pm
Guilphlosion

quote Cloud9157
If a Marth counters mid-air, then that Marth absolutely sucks.
Jeez! Tell me about it. When my friend is using Marth and you knock him air-borne and he feels that you may try to juggle him, he will go counter stance in mid-air. It was so annoying before I found out how to counter that. I'd say that my friend will counter about 90% of the time. Now that is a counter-happy marth.

Jan 04, 11 at 5:20am
Cloud9157

If a Marth counters mid-air, then that Marth absolutely sucks.

Jan 04, 11 at 2:04am
DSi Guy

Use anyone who's good with being cheap/chaingrabbing, and out-cheap his Counter.

Jan 03, 11 at 4:01pm
Guilphlosion

quote surfer1020
okay, so i need to know right away, how the heck im i supposed to counter Marth's counter!? my friend totally fudgin' abuses that technique! =/ he uses it in almost every move i try to hit him with. are there any tips for me that can help out just a bit?
If you've Played SSBM and read Marth's Second trophy, The last word are"If you are fighting a counter-happy Marth, GRAB HIM! And if he counters while air-borne Bowser is the only on to turn to. Just snatch that blue-haired annoyance out of the air with Bowser's Flying slam. And if you fight a stock battle and your lives are more than or equal to his, Take him with you off of the stage.MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Dec 18, 10 at 10:22pm
Onocron

Just grab him.

Dec 18, 10 at 2:56pm
1Phil68

quote surfer1020
always pick fox/falco you zip right by him undamaged

Dec 18, 10 at 5:44am
darkmegabass

The way I always got around that was I would pick Sonic then I would walk up to him and use his B/2 move which will cause them to use the counter out of reflex and because the move allows you to hover for a couple seconds before attcking the counter will wear off and they will take the damage then try and juggle him in the air before he gets the chance to counter again.

Dec 18, 10 at 5:34am
Agua

also, make note of pika's good kill moves. like his nair