Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Neoseeker reviews the Cooler Master USNA95 notebook power adapter » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Dec 10, 10 at 1:37amleochan

The USNA95 is billed as "the world's smallest 95W adapter" for charging notebook computers. It's certainly got the portability part down, being comparable in dimensions to two notebook hard drives stacked atop one another. Check out our review of this notebook peripheral to see if the convenience of a trimmer notebook power adapter (with a built-in USB 2.0 port to power USB devices) warrants its ~$60 price tag.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 29, 10 at 8:56pm
Ren of Heavens

It was all looking good until I found out my Dell has that security feature in it that prevents charging

Not sure what even happened to my charger, my best guess is it overheated the wire and shrunk the sheath. It should be straight, not coiled. Carries on like that the whole length :S

Dec 10, 10 at 11:38pm
VeGiTAX2

If it wasn't for Dell being jerkish about their earlier models I would actually consider it. The lack of ability to charge the battery kills for me. :/ Most people with a daily laptop find that their PSU starts to blow apart after the 2nd year or so of heavy use. The cable starts to pull back and expose the under wires or other nonsense.

Dec 10, 10 at 9:24pm
The Smith

quote hiigaran
i dunno. the only significant thing other than the size is the charging time, but im not sure if thats much of a selling point. when would someone need a slightly faster recharge time?
I agree with you that most laptop owners are satisfied with their stock charger, however some might need or want to buy another one. It might be for replacing a defective adapter, or simply having a spare one that can be left, say at work, so that the user does not have to carry one every day.

I myself am a big fan of not bringing any power adapter with me. Unfortunately, I cannot leave one at University because I am never in the same classroom and also it could get stolen. That's why I possess an ASUS Eee PC 1005PE that can give me up to 14h on a single charge. Else, having a more powerful notebook as well as a spare adapter would have been a great solution.

Dec 10, 10 at 6:02pm
Gravity

I think it's good to give exposure to aftermarket notebook psu's so people can see they can perform well and not feel trapped into paying higher priced OEM equipment.

Dec 10, 10 at 11:16am
hiigaran

i dunno. the only significant thing other than the size is the charging time, but im not sure if thats much of a selling point. when would someone need a slightly faster recharge time?

Dec 10, 10 at 4:29am
The Smith

quote hiigaran
im kind of confused as to why you guys reviewed a power adapter for a lappy. i only skimmed through the article, but i dont understand what makes it stand out from any other charger, apart from the changeable heads (or was that why it was picked?)
Because it is very unique! 95W is quite powerful for a laptop charger and this one does it in a very small package. It's much more portable than most ~90W adapters!

Dec 10, 10 at 2:32am
hiigaran

im kind of confused as to why you guys reviewed a power adapter for a lappy. i only skimmed through the article, but i dont understand what makes it stand out from any other charger, apart from the changeable heads (or was that why it was picked?)

Dec 10, 10 at 1:37am
leochan

The USNA95 is billed as "the world's smallest 95W adapter" for charging notebook computers. It's certainly got the portability part down, being comparable in dimensions to two notebook hard drives stacked atop one another. Check out our review of this notebook peripheral to see if the convenience of a trimmer notebook power adapter (with a built-in USB 2.0 port to power USB devices) warrants its ~$60 price tag.