Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Neoseeker reviews the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Dec 07, 10 at 2:03pmleochan

Somewhere in between the retired GeForce GTX 480 and current NVIDIA flagship GeForce GTX 580 is the all-new GeForce GTX 570. This graphics card aims to realize the Fermi architecture like its big brother, featuring slightly lower core/memory clocks of 732/950 (3800 effective) MHZ. Priced at $350 USD, does the new card represent greater value over the beefy GTX 580? And where does it stand against the competition from AMD? Find out in our latest NVIDIA graphics card review!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 15, 10 at 7:40am
Gravity

oh 570 how I want a pair of thee...

Dec 11, 10 at 6:15am
Vagabond

quote Gravity
I know I think 850w psu is going to be a bit scant when I try this. Well if I get any bites it'll be an easy decision for me.
If you can sell your GTX480 and the upgrade is not that much it would totally be worth it!

Dec 11, 10 at 3:42am
Gravity

I know I think 850w psu is going to be a bit scant when I try this. Well if I get any bites it'll be an easy decision for me.

Dec 10, 10 at 11:46pm
Vagabond

quote Gravity
Is part of these better temps to improved cooler? I see they use less power and I kinda want one. Not sure if it's really worth spilling cash over though.

Just debating if I should offload my 480 or get another one for liquid cooled rig.
The improved temps are 50% architectural improvements and 50% from the improved cooling solution. If you do upgrade you will get a slight performance increase along with better power efficiency and temperatures. An overclocked GTX480 would have the same performance as a GTX570 though, but of course that would increase the power of the already power hungry GTX480.

Dec 10, 10 at 6:12pm
Gravity

Is part of these better temps to improved cooler? I see they use less power and I kinda want one. Not sure if it's really worth spilling cash over though.

Just debating if I should offload my 480 or get another one for liquid cooled rig.

Dec 09, 10 at 7:16am
Vagabond

quote mm01
how the *bleep* did it outperform the 5970 in batman? that just seems like it HAS to be some kind of hardware problem, not like it was supposed to happen...
I will look into that benchmark. It might be an in-game PhysX setting giving the NVIDIA cards an exaggerated score.

Updated. One of the settings was off. Thanks

Dec 09, 10 at 6:04am
mm01

how the *bleep* did it outperform the 5970 in batman? that just seems like it HAS to be some kind of hardware problem, not like it was supposed to happen...

Dec 07, 10 at 2:03pm
leochan

Somewhere in between the retired GeForce GTX 480 and current NVIDIA flagship GeForce GTX 580 is the all-new GeForce GTX 570. This graphics card aims to realize the Fermi architecture like its big brother, featuring slightly lower core/memory clocks of 732/950 (3800 effective) MHZ. Priced at $350 USD, does the new card represent greater value over the beefy GTX 580? And where does it stand against the competition from AMD? Find out in our latest NVIDIA graphics card review!