Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Donkey Kong Country Returns » Neoseeker reviews Donkey Kong Country Returns » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Count Bleck Mario Toad Baby Luigi Baby Mario Boo Ludwig Luigi Goomba Piranha Plant Fire Mario Luigi small mario Star Fire Flower Peach Toad Coin Block Cheep Cheep Donkey Kong Yoshi Spiny Blooper Buzzy Beetle Bullet Bill Fawful Lakitu Paratroopa Classic Mushroom Poison Mushroom Daisy Poison Mushroom 2 Mushroom 1-Up Boo King Boo Luma Bowser Rosalina Paper Luigi Yoshi

hideOriginal Post

Nov 22, 10 at 5:32amReenee

We had a go with Donkey Kong Country's big return on the Wii and we think you'll like what you see. Read our review and tell us your thoughts.

http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Games/Reviews/dk_country_returns/

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 12, 12 at 3:11am
purpledoughmonster

its one of those games that are missing the Captain hook,i mean Captain K rool LOLZ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=432_vLFLdq8&feature=plcp

Nov 26, 10 at 10:31am
DXD

And for DKCR to have a grand total of 1 Animal Buddy with which the Kongs can physically interact with so far is harmfully disappointing, to say the least.

What happened to Enguarde, Winky, and Expresso? Along with many, this is one factor that made DKC what it is.

Moving on, I was immensely glad to hear a soft piano-rendering of Aquatic Ambience in the Beach world while taking a dangerous yet oddly calming cruise on the back of a large, blue whale in the Blowhole Bound level.

All that's missing is one fully-underwater level adorning each world's stage roster to accompany it.

Nov 26, 10 at 5:48am
Gotenks

quote Buffalo
quote DXD
In my opinion: leaving out the underwater levels and a great amount of Animal Buddies was a mistake.

Otherwise, I'm overly impressed with this fourth installment, definitely worthy of the title "Donkey Kong Country".

Don't forget that the first Donkey Kong did not have many animal friends like 2 o 3 did. Hopefully they will make Donkey Country 2 and 3 Returns.
DKC had 5(4 playable), DKC2 had 6 playable(7 if it's the GBA version and 2 non playable) and DKC 3 had 7 in total and 2 weren't playable. Not a huge difference but would of been nice to have maybe as many as the original DKC.

Nov 26, 10 at 5:41am
Roy

quote DXD
In my opinion: leaving out the underwater levels and a great amount of Animal Buddies was a mistake.

Otherwise, I'm overly impressed with this fourth installment, definitely worthy of the title "Donkey Kong Country".

Don't forget that the first Donkey Kong did not have many animal friends like 2 o 3 did. Hopefully they will make Donkey Country 2 and 3 Returns.

Nov 25, 10 at 11:14pm
DCH75

quote Gotenks
quote DCH75
So what are the controls like? Please tell me you can use the classic pro. Nevermind I see someone asked that lol
Classic Controller=Classic Pro. Which he stated in the review that you can't use.
Yeah thats why I said nevermind lol

Nov 25, 10 at 9:05pm
Gotenks

quote DCH75
So what are the controls like? Please tell me you can use the classic pro. Nevermind I see someone asked that lol
Classic Controller=Classic Pro. Which he stated in the review that you can't use.

Nov 25, 10 at 8:25pm
DCH75

Nov 23, 10 at 8:14am
Gotenks

I definitely have to agree with the lack of Classic Controller Support. It doesn't really hurt the game a lot but it would of been nice to have it. I use the Wii-Remote with the Nunchuck because it just feels so right. The controls aren't terrible in the game either which is fantastic.

The first world, I wasn't dying a whole lot in but in the second I started to drop lives a lot quicker. I love the challenge in the game and how it just gets harder as it goes on. The same can be said as the classic DKC games. They'd actually get harder by world which was great for the challenge!

Soundtrack for the game is great. I never worry when Nintendo makes a game because I know they will give the game a good soundtrack. The graphics look really good as well. I was playing Sunset Shore again and it just looks soooo beautiful.

Would of loved to see at least Enguarde return as an Animal Buddy which means some underwater worlds but I'm fine with what we got here.

Great review Reenee!

Nov 23, 10 at 5:48am
Kokoro

Nice and informative review. Good job.

I don't really care that they left out the underwater levels. I wasn't really a big fan of them.

Nov 22, 10 at 10:19am
DXD