Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Camcorder/Digital Camera for Youtube Videos » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.

hideOriginal Post

Oct 29, 10 at 12:46amCangriman

Hi!!! I'm very noob when it comes to camcorder, digital camera or any media for capturing photos, videos, etc.

Now, I was looking at some camcorder because I want to start doing some walkthrough and putting it on Youtube. Now which one is better for what I going to use, camcorder or digital camera.

I was browsing through Best Buy and I saw this, I don't know if this is good but you guys can tell me. Like you can see I'm looking for something good, and cheap.

Link

Please if that isn't good, can you help me get a good one.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 17, 12 at 11:36pm
xlynn

Check on the Kodak Zi8.

Dec 06, 11 at 4:51am
garychencool

Ergonomics is important too.

Nov 18, 10 at 9:03pm
Cangriman

I haven't buy a camera yet, since I'm waiting for Black Friday. I still haven't decided yet as for now. But looking at the Best Buy Black Friday Ads there is the Canon PowerShot SD1400IS and its looking good to me. But since I don't know nothing about camera I want your opinions about it. Also there are other cameras in there and if you find something more awesome than the Canon please comment.

Black Friday Ad

Nov 04, 10 at 2:27am
Cangriman

How I know it has Manual Focus? Also, thanks for all your help and time.

Now I will like to know what cameras will you recommend to me from a price range between $150-250 dollars.

Nov 04, 10 at 2:14am
VeGiTAX2

If you plan to record TV you could get away with the Panasonic or Sony, but the biggest feature you want is manual focus and a small tripod or gorillapod if you plan to shoot close range like that. It will keep the video crisp without any issues of blur coming into play. Maybe take your DS to the store to check on the fly how it looks. No one should give you hassle about it because you're using it for a specific purpose and few if any employees actually have experience with the product to guide you.

Nov 04, 10 at 1:48am
Cangriman

Well I want to use it for photos, and mainly videos. But the main reason why I want a camera or camcorder is to do video walkthrough.

quote VeGiTAX2
# Recording TV
  1. Short films
  2. HD
  3. Long recording sessions
  4. Dark shooting (low-light)
All of them, well I don't know what is recording TV, I guessing your recording something from the TV, but it could be something completed different. The HD well if its going to really improve the quality then yes.

I'm using a camera from a friend, its a Sony Cyber-shot, 14.1 MP, 720P Videos, but I don't like the quality of it. Not even shooting in HD, or SD the videos all look the same to me.

I will show you two different videos that I upload from it.

First Video

That was shooting it at 720P on the get go.

Second Video

Shooting it at VGA resolution. Still the quality is the same to me.

Also sorry for my English, is not my first language so I sound funny. That is why I decided to do my walkthrough in Spanish.

Now I was looking at this camera and I found the price very good, and the quality of the photos were really nice. I also took a short video and it was also nice, but my fear is that when I'm shooting for the walkthrough they look similar to the ones I took.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Panasonic+-+14.1-Megapixel+Digital+Camera+-+Gray/9767114.p?id=1218170029588&skuId=9767114

From $160 to $109 that is a good damn price. So let me know if that is good, or just provide something that will definitely will help me better.

Nov 04, 10 at 1:07am
VeGiTAX2

Nikon for SLR use is nice, but for sub 150 the coolpix will make anyone cry looking for strictly video purposes.

The Vado looked really good in the specs, I know Flip is always trying to change up their product with improvements which can be worrying just because you're never remotely close to being at the front of the lineup.

How is it recording from a TV? if it can keep the bloom / flood light to a minimum it might be perfect for their needs.

Nov 02, 10 at 2:49pm
Shadow of Death

I use a Creative Vado HD myself, it's pretty good. You can look up examples of the video recordings on youtube to get an idea of the quality (don't forget to pick "720p" in the resolution options).

It's pretty decent as a cheapish HD camcorder. The Flip Mino HD got a revision relatively recently which supposedly fixed some issues and I think added to the storage capacity.

Nov 02, 10 at 12:00pm
JohnRocks

In my opinion Nikon is always best.
They provides superb quality digital cameras.

Nov 01, 10 at 4:12am
VeGiTAX2

Sub-$200 you're going to suffer on some levels.

I guess the best way to figure this out is to list off what you want to use the cam for and I can probably find a good selection of picks from there.

If you wanted to use it for say.
  • Recording TV
  • Short films
  • HD
  • Long recording sessions
  • Dark shooting (low-light)
I could work around that.