Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Super Smash Bros. Brawl » So whats a meteor smash? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Animal Crossing Donkey Kong Earthbound Fire Emblem F Zero Game and Watch Ice Climber Kid Icarus Kirby Mario Megaman Metal Gear Metroid Pikmin Pokemon ROB Sonic Starfox Warioware Wii Fit Yoshi Legend of Zelda Bowser Captain Falcon Charizard King Dedede Diddy Kong Donkey Kong Doctor Mario Duck Hunt Falco Fox Ganondorf Game and Watch Ice Climbers Ike Ivysaur Jigglypuff Kirby Link Little Mac Lucario Lucas Luigi Mario Marth Meta Knight Mewtwo Ness Olimar Pac-Man Peach Pichu Pikachu Pit Pokemon Trainer ROB Roy Samus Sheik Shulk Snake Sonic Squirtle Smash Bros Toon Link Wario Wolf Yoshi Young Link Zelda Zero Suit Samus

hideOriginal Post

Oct 28, 10 at 11:24pmCritical Damage 9999

People say they aren't in brawl, but are in melee. all I am aware of are spikes, then there is something called a meteor smash that I have no idea of.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 28, 12 at 5:57pm
Sephiroth25

quote Spontex
A meteor smash is a spike... i think.
Hella old bump and you clearly didn't read the post above yours. Tisk tisk man.

Apr 27, 12 at 4:26am
Spontex

A meteor smash is a spike... i think.

Oct 30, 10 at 7:14pm
Elliot Gale

I think people are mixing up their definitions here.

A Meteor Smash and a Spike are identical except for the fact that a Spike does not provide an opportunity to cancel its knockback, unlike the Meteor Smash that does.

Of course, Brawl made the terms synonymous by removing the cancel window on Meteor Smashes. Meteor Smash is the official terminology.

Oct 30, 10 at 6:56pm
neji 9889

They dont have to be the down aerial down smash, it is sometimes a special move too.

Oct 29, 10 at 7:14pm
Cloud9157

Note that there are different ways to perform meteor smashes other than a character's Dair. Mario's Fair spikes, as well as Ike's Dtilt.

Not all Dairs spike either.

Oct 28, 10 at 11:29pm
Thunder850

A meteor smash is similar to a spike.

When you and an opponent are above a pit, use your Aerial-Down while kind of above your opponent. You should smash them downwards into the pit, and they have no chance of recovery.

Alternatively, you can use a footstool jump to do the meteor smash as well.

Oct 28, 10 at 11:24pm
Critical Damage 9999

People say they aren't in brawl, but are in melee. all I am aware of are spikes, then there is something called a meteor smash that I have no idea of.