Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Starcraft II » General Game Discussion 2 » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Oct 25, 10 at 11:21pmACY3

Continuing on from here, you can use this thread to discuss any aspect of Starcraft II.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 29, 13 at 7:44pm
Ascii

Just died to a baneling bust. I opened with a wall off of 2 supply depots and a barracks, threw down a reactor, factory, and a second barracks. I was planning on going cloak banshees pretty early and scouting with a reaper. I saw a super early baneling nest in his main with the reaper and he didn't have a natural yet. I knew I didn't have enough marines at home to deal with it and my second barracks and factory weren't finished yet. No back up marines and no widow mines to help the few marines I had.

I tried to find his little stash of banelings to snipe with my reaper but they were already a second or two away from my base. Probably the fastest loss I've had so far.

Jul 07, 13 at 11:53am
Irish Gamer

I haven't picked up HOTS yet, I played the single player campaign a while ago and enjoyed it. Haven't played online much, got completely schooled the first couple times. I think I'm just too slow and like the long game haha.

Jul 07, 13 at 2:51am
MaChaoTheSplendid

Yeah I'm pretty sure that would work. I think only thing would be you wouldn't unlock any portraits etc.

My computer has been broken for a month or so, so no playing for me either

Jul 04, 13 at 2:41am
Hell Fire

I would be into it if my damn house could get internet!

Do you guys know if I can install HOTS with an internet connection and then just play single player offline?

May 14, 13 at 1:11am
MaChaoTheSplendid

I've finally gotten back into it after a half year or so off. (Once HOTS came out I kinda remembered the game!)

Also finally started doing 1v1's a little bit, i'm currently Gold but I just beat a Masters who tried to cannon rush me, he actually got a cannon up and killed half my probes before I beat it off, and then proceeded to go mass voids. :/

Makes me sad that he's a Master.

Apr 27, 13 at 1:29pm
death talon

hi, quick question here. my achievements have been disabled because i used a cheat a while ago, but i don't know how to get achievements back. they said to "start a new game" but i already tried that.

Apr 02, 13 at 1:00am
edepot

I added secrets in the wiki for this game. check it out. The wiki like is that tiny link left of the discussions forum words at the top of this page.

Mar 19, 13 at 9:50am
AznLiquid

The campaign is easier than WoL but the missions are fun (27 of them, no mini-campaign, no secret missions). Unique upgrades for units can be chosen every level, so you can adapt, one of the flaws from WoL campaign was that you couldn't switch upgrades after buying them. If you liked WoL's story, you'll probably still like this, but they clearly took the story in a whole different direction from Brood War. I believe Chris Metzen is the only writer who has worked on both the original and sequel. It shows.

For $40, it's worth it from a gameplay perspective. The new units change up multiplayer and the campaign has replay value. They pretty much added a type of "new game plus" where you get the best possible units and Kerrigan abilities for whatever missions you choose.

Void Rays and Widow Mines are OP at the moment. Zerg still dominating high levels though.

Mar 19, 13 at 3:25am
Aulis Vaara

quote MaChaoTheSplendid
Yeah the storyline was pretty disappointing to me, and it was too easy for sure, though I only did it on hard.

Raynor is the biggest disappointment to me in SC2. I loved him and Fenix in SC and BW but now he seems to have forgotten all about Fenix and everything that happened in the first games.
Ah, seriously? So for someone who mainly plays for the story, this game is not worth the money?

quote MaChaoTheSplendid
I do like some of the new multiplayer units though, I'm getting frustrated with running/flying over a bunch of the new mines and losing half my army instantly for no cost, but it's cool, just gotta learn to keep obs/raven etc closer.
So, basically, Terran is still the OP race? Or at least the race that gets the most versatile and mighty units.

Mar 18, 13 at 3:22am
Zarathustra

quote MaChaoTheSplendid
Raynor is the biggest disappointment to me in SC2. I loved him and Fenix in SC and BW but now he seems to have forgotten all about Fenix and everything that happened in the first games.
So far SC2 has basically just been a love story between Raynor and Kerrigan. I agree with you, so many of the key characters from the originals have just kind of fallen by the way side.