Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » The World Ends with You » Music discussion thread » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Oct 09, 10 at 8:26pmmooglegirl3

And so I claim my first thread ever.

Want to discuss the meaning of Twister? Got ideas for the lyrics of Emptiness And? Own the actual OST and want to brag about it? You're in luck. Here's the place to talk about the awesomeness that is TWEWY's soundtrack.

To kick things off, I have a question. Here's a snippet from the full version of Game Over.
Information goes back and forth
I sit beside the window
And all I do is watch the shadows grow
Longer, linger, for the better, you'll never
Know what internal decadence means

Just what DOES internal decadence mean? ._.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

May 10, 14 at 3:17am
Principality

My favourite track from -Solo Remix- by far has to be Jump Over Yourself. I love the way that the singer seems to be calm and precise at the beginning, and then completely throws away her composure on the riff. I really love it. I guess the title of the track makes sense then. ;D

I also love the Twister~Calling remix. I never really noticed Twister in the original, but it has an awesome undercurrent.

Consequently, Jump Over Yourself is now my ringtone, although Calling was for quite some time. Haha!

Apr 15, 14 at 12:00am
Rabla

The Death March and Square Enix Music just announced that Takeharu Ishimoto and The Death Match are preparing a brand new CD for release, with recording starting as early as next week.

Ishimoto has prepared the tracklist and songs, and notes the musicians have been picked and include some new ones.

Details on the performers and songs will be revealed publicly at a later date.

Ishimoto also asks us to please stay tuned because he says we will be 'surprised'.

Sep 25, 13 at 4:05am
Pheonyx

*looks up* ...did that album ever come out I want it.

Anyway, I redid the lyrics to Tatakai. Just a few words getting swapped out, but my old lyrics were annoying me. Also I was bored so nyeh.

There's still that one line that gets me. It's two syllables I can't make out. Sounds to me like "my bound" but... that doesn't quite make a lot of sense. Also, the line "Only then I may not be the strongest," still bugs me. I keep going back and forth on "then" or "thing." "Then" makes more grammatical sense, but doesn't make sense thematically. It also sounds like an i sound rather than an e sound. Anyway, feel free to kick me about any of the lyrics.

May 01, 13 at 1:55am
Rabla

Alright, music news time

First up, Ishimoto tweeted the full art for Crossover Tribute. The back cover features the Reapers.

Second, the brand new song 'March On!' is performed by our new vocalist Ritsu, from the 5th Anniversary Live Auditions. She'll be performing it at Crossover 2nd, only 9 days from now!

Crossover ~ Tribute will feature another new song, 'Revelation', also by Ritsu. The tracklist page has opened on the CD's website, revealing the first three tracks on the CD will be 'March On!', 'March On! -jp-', and 'Revelation'. We can also safely assume that the 'Jump Over Yourself' remix that used to be on the website will be included.

The CD will have a nice 15 tracks all up.

Website here: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/subarashiki_cotb/

Performing at Crossover 2nd, will be the band members of The Death March, Takeharu Ishimoto, and of course SAWA. Adding to this cast, however, is some other vocalists. First up, of course, is Ritsu, who will perform March On! and probably Someday, since that happens. Next up is Joanna Koike, who is the artist for 'Deja Vu'. Mike (and maybe Andy) will be there, they did 'Transformation'. And lastly, Reiny, who I can't find for old stuff. So I dunno.

Doesn't look like Stephanie, the vocalist from Solo Remix, will be at this show.

Lastly, it looks like '5th Anniversary Live' will be released as an audio CD.

Tracklist:

No release dates, hell, not even an official Squenix Music announcement yet. However it's been branded as "SQEX-10366", so it should follow up Crossover ~ Tribute somewhat quickly, and be the 6th TWEWY CD.

That's all for now~

Apr 22, 13 at 3:34am
Rabla

LEGIT BRAND NEW SONG, NOT FROM 333 OR ANYTHING.

"March On." Instrumental Only at the moment.

It's going to be performed at Crossover 2nd and then will be on Crossover ~ Tribute.

TWEWY2 is getting closer and closer~

Apr 05, 13 at 6:27am
Rabla

*bleep*ing cheater.

Apr 04, 13 at 3:18pm
Pheonyx

Rabla got mad that I didn't write the lyrics for JOY yet. So I spent hours figuring these out Googled it.

Oh right, there was a reason I never figured out the lyrics for JOY.

Feb 15, 13 at 12:47am
Rabla

Second TWEWY Concert on May 10, playing at 'shibuya music DUO EXCHANGE'.

No streaming of this one, so you need to go to see it.

Tickets and info and stuff next week.

Feb 06, 13 at 9:06pm
Xtreme765

Hmm, that's a really good interpretation of a song I honestly thought didn't have much meaning. At least now I'll listen to the song in that kind of context. Anyways, I guess with that logic, it makes sense in the end, The World Begins With You.

Feb 06, 13 at 7:28am
mooglegirl3

dfdfdddd

you guys

I was listening to Owari-Hajimari and suddenly it all clicked.

The lessons we learned and innocence we had as kids still hold up. Nothing's really changed, or at least nothing should change. History repeats itself within our own lives. The beginning is the end. The end is the beginning.

it all makes sense now