Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Anime » The World God Only Knows » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Enjoy yourself, and please read the rules for this forum~!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Oct 07, 10 at 1:03amReady Start L_Arc

Keima Katsuragi, a second-year high school student, is an avid Bishōjo game player. He is known on the Internet as "The Capturing God" for his legendary skills to be able to "capture" any 2D girl in games. However, in his actual school life, Keima is known as otamegane (オタメガネ), a derogatory portmanteau of the two words otaku (オタク) and megane (メガネ-"glasses") and is considered nothing but a gloomy geek with thick glasses.
At the start of the series, Keima receives an e-mail offering him a contract to "capture" girls. When he accepts it, thinking it is an invitation to a game, a demon from Hell named Elsee appears. She asks for his cooperation to help her in catching runaway spirits. These spirits hide themselves inside the hearts of girls', and Elsee suggests that the only method to force the spirits out is by "capturing" the girls hearts—making them fall in love with him and filling up the gaps which the runaway spirits hide in. Interested only in 2D girls, however, Keima is appalled by the idea and refuses the assignment as he has no romantic real life experiences whatsoever. Nevertheless, with the contract already executed, Keima has no choice but to help Elsee no matter what; if they fail, it is Elsee and Keima who will lose their heads.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Nov 15, 13 at 4:18pm
Kanon

Wrong thread there bob.

Nov 15, 13 at 4:03pm
Fatherbrain30

quote Fatherbrain30
There are some.

Answering my own questions.

Sep 25, 13 at 10:53am
Kanon

quote Enth
And Keima definitely recognised that little girl abd yet I have no idea who she is. At least Yui and Tsukiyo had flashbacks.

PULL IT TOGETHER MAN, HE GAVE A SHORT THOUGHT ON AKARI DURING HIS FLASH BACK SESSION TOO.

I still want Swimming Girls arc animated.

Sep 25, 13 at 9:28am
Enth

I got confused because it showed the Goddesses all watching the performance at the end - some of whom it was the first time seeing them outside the host. I was under the impression they were only inside the girls in the first place to hide from Vintage.

And Keima definitely recognised that little girl abd yet I have no idea who she is. At least Yui and Tsukiyo had flashbacks.

...Screw it, once my commissions are all done in a month or so I'll start reading the Manga xD haha...

Sep 25, 13 at 9:22am
Fatherbrain30

There are some.

Sep 25, 13 at 9:08am
Mastix

quote Elliot Gale
Oh, I'd place my bets on another season at some point in the future. It probably won't be soon, and I can't guarantee it would answer those questions, but it's not like the manga has stopped.

Other gripes aside, I think the biggest problem here was the decision to skip over so many things that happened prior to the Goddess Arc. They even gave up incorporating them via flashback after awhile. Maybe they just assumed the only viewers they still have at this point are manga diehards. :S
Uh... Aside from what was covered in the Tenri OVA, all of the information we got in the manga was contained in the same arc you just watched, answered the next arc, or unanswered. Yes, Enth, the goddesses remain inside the girls. Why would they leave? They didn't leave before. There aren't *that* many unanswered questions, I think. Are there Kanon?

Sep 25, 13 at 4:52am
Elliot Gale

Oh, I'd place my bets on another season at some point in the future. It probably won't be soon, and I can't guarantee it would answer those questions, but it's not like the manga has stopped.

Other gripes aside, I think the biggest problem here was the decision to skip over so many things that happened prior to the Goddess Arc. They even gave up incorporating them via flashback after awhile. Maybe they just assumed the only viewers they still have at this point are manga diehards. :S

Sep 25, 13 at 12:27am
Enth

I'm...sad to say I'm a bit disappointed with that ending. The Chihiro stuff was quite touching, but the rest felt quite rushed and I have so many unanswered questions...

Did the Goddesses stay in the girls since the girls still had their wings? Did the girls keep their memories? What the heck happened to the green-haired girl? She just ran off but theb Elsie said all the Vintage were captured... Why did Haqua have to lose her badass promotion? And most important of all, who the heck was that Akari girl and whats Nikaido's true identity? Nikaido got a butt-ton of foreshadowing all season and then we found out nothing about her :/

The fact that Keima recognised Akari tells me that perhaps those final questions were already answered prior to this arc to manga readers, so this season is basically to cater to them than anime only fans...most disappointing thing was that the ending didn't continue the tradition of S1 and S2 by ending with "To Be Continued" I want more...

I've still enjoyed this season thoroughly, but the ending is a bit bittersweet for me...

Sep 24, 13 at 4:01pm
luffyluffy

Gee, excuse me for hoping for just a little character growth here,

Sep 24, 13 at 11:02am
Kanon

MEGUMI-HEN MORE LIKE *bleep*-YOU-CHIHIRO-HEN.