Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Golden Sun: Dark Dawn » New "Weapon Mastery" mechanic » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Oct 06, 10 at 11:47pmSexyDjango

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn further distances itself from its predecessors! Some more new information released today, this time with regard to character development. It sounds like the characters in Dark Dawn will be more customizable than in the past, thanks to a new mode that enables them to more proficient with certain weapon types and as a result learn specialized skills that can be used in battle.

A new Weapon Mastery feature allows characters to gain expertise with specific weapons by using them more frequently and you can also now combine your team’s powers to advance through the story. New Psynergies are available to characters, adding new depth to puzzles, and an optional Touch Screen command system allows for intuitive gameplay, enabling certain Psynergies to be directed using the Touch Screen and stylus. Golden Sun: Dark Dawn also contains a comprehensive encyclopaedia, allowing the player to become fully immersed in the mythology of Golden Sun
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/news/2010/a_golden_sun_follows_a_dark_dawn_19262.html

The bit about combining your team's powers interests me more. What I get from this is we'll either be able to preform combination attacks when certain criteria has been met, or we'll be able to mix and match Psynergy to create entirely new abilities!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Mar 03, 12 at 6:26am
Crobott

Encyclopaedia is particular valuable to a gamer like myself who tires easily of the same RPG (unless it's a classic). I like to have the option to refresh my memory, and refocus on the task at hand.
As for Synergies, that is my favorite element to strategy games (equal to terrain advantages and choke spots on maps). A true benefit to the Fire Emblem series, which entertained me, as it furthered much of the side story that unravels between characters. I'm anxious to start this acclaimed title!

Nov 17, 10 at 9:05pm
Dark Xionei

quote SexyDjango
quote DarkXionei
Pretty glad about the encyclopedia tbh lol. Never finished the other two games, since I sucked at committing to rpgs back when I was younger, but the weapon mastery sounds amazing.
You should find the encyclopedia to be useful then. I've heard there are a lot of references to characters from the GBA games that aren't in Dark Dawn.
That'll definitely be a huge help for me.

Nov 13, 10 at 7:09pm
Saturos45

this is cool. we can read up on what happened if we forgot some parts.

Nov 13, 10 at 6:09pm
SexyDjango

quote DarkXionei
Pretty glad about the encyclopedia tbh lol. Never finished the other two games, since I sucked at committing to rpgs back when I was younger, but the weapon mastery sounds amazing.
You should find the encyclopedia to be useful then. I've heard there are a lot of references to characters from the GBA games that aren't in Dark Dawn.

Nov 12, 10 at 11:27am
yugiRULER

You really sure try finishing them. It's so worth it.

Nov 06, 10 at 3:36pm
Dark Xionei

Nov 06, 10 at 2:09am
Saturos and Nitros

Well I'm glad they changed the game play ever so slightly. I have played though the first two multiple times and have gotten accustomed to the game play. When several games in a series share the exact same mechanics, it can sometimes get boring. For example, all the Castlevania games all have a different magic or spell system, so I'm always up for a run through. Games like Advance wars stay almost exactly the same, the only change is the addition of a few units and characters, I fell I've done it all before.

Of course, this doesn't happen if the story is spectacular (Fire Emblem) or just overall amazing (all 3D Mario plat-formers). Since Golden Sun falls into both those categories, I'm not worried about it (but I'm still glad they added something).

Nov 05, 10 at 12:39am
Saturos45

who agrees?

Nov 05, 10 at 12:38am
Saturos45

this game is awesome.

Nov 04, 10 at 2:59am

In this game, weapons will have more then 1 ability. the more you master it, more you unlock and probably have a higher chance of triggering it. I think the coolest weapon ability and animation belongs to the Cursed sword muramasa, a long sword exlusive to main character. there is also Stella's knuckles, it has like 3 different abilities.( Kamehameha included)