Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep » How many Keyblade wielders are there? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Oct 02, 10 at 3:02pmUltravegeta

Just playing Kingdom Hearts 1 again and everyone is going on about how the Keyblade chose Sora and like he is the only one. The keyblade he wields has some unimaginable strength and every dark villain wants to kill him.

I mean, shouldn't there be heaps of other Keyblade Wielders? We had the Keyblade wars, surely almost everywhere in the world there would be a few wielders. So why was Sora so important in this?

Is the Kingdom Key, half of the Kye-blade?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Mar 02, 13 at 9:53am
asabrown1

okay it's as simple as this
sora, riku, kairi, ven, aqua, terra, xehanort, roxas, vanitas, king, master eraqus, yen sid
and even lea(axel) at the end of kh3d.

Everybody here counts even vanitas because he is the dark part of ven.
roxas's heart is ventus's that's why he has more emotion than other orgy 13 members.
Xion doesn't count because her keyblade is a "fake".
kairi is a princess and aqua has passed down the keyblade to her as shown in kh1 and khbbs, so she is able to wield a keyblade.
riku got it from terra
sora got it from ven's heart
xehanort=master
eraqus=master
yen sid=master
king= appretice
lea=apprentice

Aug 09, 12 at 7:00am
MoonKniqht

if you're talking about keyblade wielders that are still alive then they are sora, riku, kairi, mickey, yen sid, xenahort, terra, ventus, aqua, and everyone is seemingly keep on forgetting the person that Axel is the nobody of, LEA

Aug 13, 11 at 3:31am
SPARTAN Keyblade

quote babypoy13
actually shouldnt riku know it terra did do the cremony on him
Maybe, but he never seemed to recall Terra performing it on him. When he first saw Sora with the Kingdom Key he didn't go, 'Hey, a tall guy in a skirt I saw 10 years ago had something like that.' Maybe he doesn't remember it at all.
However, I did forget that Yen Sid probably knows the ceremony. He did train Mickey, right? It's possible that he made Mickey a Keyblade wielder in the first place.

Aug 03, 11 at 4:57am
babypoy13

quote SPARTAN keyblade
Lots of people in the games have strong hearts, but since none of the current Keyblade Wielders know the ceremony, there's not much chance of numbers growing anytime soon
actually shouldnt riku know it terra did do the cremony on him

Oct 06, 10 at 6:56pm
SPARTAN Keyblade

Yeah, their masters would've performed the ceremony with them.
As has already been said, Sora is the only keyblade wielder who hasn't had the ceremony. If Ven's heart allows him a second keyblade then it's unexplained how he has his first.

I think that Ven's heart made him a keyblade wielder, the same as if he had had the ceremony, which is why he was suitable to master the Kingdom Key (the only necessities for this supposedly being to follow the light and to already be a keyblade wielder).
It chose him because he was the closest keyblade wielder once Riku went to the darkness, and it's seen as his first keyblade, even though he got it second.

Oct 06, 10 at 9:44am
Millennium Master

quote swordwielder
where did terra, aqua and ventus got their keyblade from? who performed it on them?
The way I see it is Terra, Aqua and Ventus came from a time when Keyblade wielders and masters were still around including Master Xehanort and Master Eraqus who could've done the performing part.

Oct 06, 10 at 5:57am
swordwielder

quote SPARTAN Keyblade
To be a Keyblade Wielder you have to have a strong heart and someone has to perform the inheritance ceremony on you

Lots of people in the games have strong hearts, but since none of the current Keyblade Wielders know the ceremony, there's not much chance of numbers growing anytime soon.

quote Ultravegeta
Just playing Kingdom Hearts 1 again and everyone is going on about how the Keyblade chose Sora and like he is the only one. The keyblade he wields has some unimaginable strength and every dark villain wants to kill him.
Not only was he believed to be the last Keyblade Wielder, but the Kingdom Key represented the entire Realm of Light and chose him as it's master (Just like Mickey's Kingdom Key represented the Realm of Darkness). This makes it more powerful than normal Keyblades which are just some kind of representation of the person's heart.
where did terra, aqua and ventus got their keyblade from? who performed it on them?
ok sora's kingdom key = realm of light
and mickey's = realm of darkness
riku's =????? just a regular representation of person's heart then? cause he inherited it from terra?

Oct 06, 10 at 3:16am
Flippy

quote SPARTAN Keyblade
quote Flippy
No, Ven's heart has no connection to the Kingdom Key Sora uses throughout the series, Ven's powers only gives Sora the right to wield the second keyblade he summons during Drive Forms. (i.e: The Star Seeker that appeared when he first Drives into Valor.)
I never said Ven was connected to the Kingdom Key. Sora never had the ceremony performed on him; he could only use a keyblade because of Ven's

What I'm saying is he never had the ceremony so his ability to wield even one keyblade comes from Ven. The Kingdom Key just chooses as its master anyone capable of wielding it. The second keyblade in his drives I'm not so sure about, but I read somewhere that all keyblade wielders are capable of wielding two, they just don't do it often.
Um, The Kingdom Key was for Riku but it was a picky bastard and it hated darkness so it went running to the next best thing in close proximity; Sora it just so happened that he has a shred of Ven's power, the blade's defectiveness was of it's own accord...I think.

Oct 05, 10 at 8:55pm
SPARTAN Keyblade

Then how did Sora's heart find Ven's heart to help it? Because I'm not taking "Sora's heart is special" as the proper explanantion for why he found Ven's heart in a place unique to each heart, and why he was the only person to have a keyblade without the ceremony being performed on him.

I'll hope for a better explanation in later games. After all, when only the first game was out, things like what happens to the rest of the body when a person loses their heart weren't serious issues. That stuff was left for sequels to focus on. Maybe they'll give a proper explanation for Sora in some future game, although I won't be surprised if they just say he's some kind of "chosen one".

Also, Kurix, I'm not sure about that one. I think Ansem imposter was most definitely a heartless and Xemnas was most definitely a nobody, but Terra's heart could easily have gone into the nobody like what happened with Ven at Roxas' creation. This means his heart could be in the realm of darkness now, like Aqua's.

Oct 05, 10 at 8:23pm
Sakuraba Neku

quote SPARTAN Keyblade
Maybe hearts pass through the awakening when they are created and Sora's heart found Ven's there.
The Dive to the Heart(which is the correct name for the place) Is unique to each heart, it isn't some place where any heart can go, it is INSIDE the Heart.