Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Minecraft » Minecraft Videos » Post Reply

Note to Guests:

You are NOT allowed to advertise Minecraft servers, texture packs, videos, or anything else in this forum! Read the full forums rules HERE! For advertising servers please see this forum. Thank you.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Party Bomb Cow Tipper Explosive Diamond Emerald Ender Eye Ender Pearl Lurker Archer Miner No-Brainer

hideOriginal Post

Sep 30, 10 at 5:04amShadow of Death

Here is where you post your minecraft videos, either showing off your stuff, doing wacky things, videos of glitches, etc.

For now, check my current base (annotations enabled).

Youtube Link - Has larger text, more easily read.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 15, 13 at 1:36pm
N64

quote Shadow of Death
quote N64
Wow... you're pretty good with the redstone stuff! I plan to start making some Minecraft Videos soon. I'm hoping to do a Let's Play, but i really don't know anyone who would want to join in.
Thanks ^_^

You can do a solo let's play. A "Let's Play" is really just "Narrating the video" really.

Unless you were intended to do something that required multiple people, I don't see what's stopping you.
I might end up doing a solo Let's Play, but I'm more of a social gamer so I rarely actually play by myself. I'm always waiting for someone else to get on before I start.

Jan 15, 13 at 12:04am
Shadow of Death

quote N64
Wow... you're pretty good with the redstone stuff! I plan to start making some Minecraft Videos soon. I'm hoping to do a Let's Play, but i really don't know anyone who would want to join in.
Thanks ^_^

You can do a solo let's play. A "Let's Play" is really just "Narrating the video" really.

Unless you were intended to do something that required multiple people, I don't see what's stopping you.

Jan 14, 13 at 4:08pm
N64

Jan 13, 13 at 10:41pm
Shadow of Death

*crickets chirp*

quote Description
Well, I decided to test out that extended activation of a piston and the alteration of timings, which I've been using for a few of my videos (the last four or so minecraft videos really). So, I'm showing how I think it works best, and explaining what i think causes it to go buggy.

I also show a simple way of delaying (and then extending) the activation of an object (in this case a reverse piston) with a button. This makes it useful for a hidden entrance system where the button and the entrance are actually distant from each other, to make it harder to spot, whilst still being concealed until a set amount of time after the button press.

I really need to take a long term break from the game though, but I keep coming back XD

Dec 29, 12 at 6:57pm
Shadow of Death

Well, I've been a bit busy on youtube recently XD 3 videos in a few days, and two of them Minecraft videos.

Well, I've finally gotten around to that Underwater Base idea XD

quote Description
Aye, I've finally gotten around to this project, which had been stewing in my head since Alpha really. Once I did that crystal (glass) tower, I wanted to do an underwater base as well but never got around to it. When Pistons were introduced I wanted to work them into it as well. So yeah, I've finally gotten around to doing this after figuring out some stuff. And yes, the bloody doors in the two-stage water pump are buggy. Too bad though, before a little mishap they were just fine.

As to the structure itself, It has that two stage 'water pump' entrance I've been demoing, Lava/Magma lighting, glass roofs (well duh, otherwise it wouldn't be much of an 'underwater' base would it?), that one-way hidden exit with the retracting step, as well as a sleeping/work room with a built in light switch just because.

Took quite a while to do, and it was kind of a 'stop-start' job. I started it shortly after demoing the two stage water pump entrance but other games have been taking my attention away from it. Namely Far Cry 3 was responsible for the bulk of it, but Borderlands 2 was more recently as a friend of mine finally got the game and we've been co-oping.

So yeah, enjoy

Dec 28, 12 at 7:43am
Shadow of Death

quote Cheeseman

I actually did use it for a bit, but It just wasn't the same. :_pointy2:

I understand.

BTW: The creator has been pleased that I use the pack in my videos actually. Never got an appreciative comment from the creator of the LB Photorealism pack XD

Dec 28, 12 at 7:38am
Cheeseman

quote Shadow of Death
quote Cheeseman

You're making me miss LB-Photo Realism. Still waiting for an update to that pack...

Faerielights is really just about as good TBH. In some ways better really. It's more colorful, so people who prefer more colorful packs would appreciate it more than the LB Photorealism one I think.

I actually did use it for a bit, but It just wasn't the same.

Dec 27, 12 at 11:11pm
Shadow of Death

New video!

quote Description
Well, like I said in the video this was something I couldn't figure out how to get to work some time ago, and ummm, have now figured out how to do XD It's sort of a tutorial too since I show and describe how to get it to work properly.

Video of the entrance/exit I couldn't get to do the step thing before:

Click

quote Cheeseman

You're making me miss LB-Photo Realism. :laugh: Still waiting for an update to that pack...

Faerielights is really just about as good TBH. In some ways better really. It's more colorful, so people who prefer more colorful packs would appreciate it more than the LB Photorealism one I think.

Dec 04, 12 at 7:07am
Cheeseman

You're making me miss LB-Photo Realism. Still waiting for an update to that pack...

Dec 03, 12 at 3:59am
Shadow of Death

quote Description
As I mentioned in the description of my previous video (Two Stage Water Pump Underwater Entrance, link a bit further down), I thought it could be perfectly doable to have the button triggered processes done in reverse. And so, I did it...In this video...Where I ramble on and on and on XD

Previous video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPp541JUpII

So yeah, there is a weird bug but nothing that stops this from working.

I will get around to the underwater fort, eventually. Maybe.