Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Pokémon HeartGold Version » why are these pokemon in NU » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.Hey! Want advice/feedback on your Pokemon team? All "rate my team" threads belong in the Strategy forum!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Sep 24, 10 at 8:20pmcat13852

charizard

entei

glaceon

probopass

drifblim

bastiodon.

the last time i looked they where in OU. and since when did kingdra move to OU? and others in UU

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 25, 10 at 8:59pm
Millennium Master

quote Elliot Gale
In a competitive setting, OU (Overused) Pokémon are the most popular in the standard metagame. UU (Underused) are not as popular, usually due to glaring design flaws. NU (Never Used) are the bottom of the barrel, compost Pokémon with no real hope of being viable in a serious battle.

Then there's BL (Borderline), the pogeys that are deemed too strong for a balanced UU environment but aren't used enough to warrant OU status, and Uber, the pogeys deemed too strong for a balanced OU environment, and thus effectively banned from competitive battles.
I see.

Sep 25, 10 at 8:52pm
Elliot Gale

In a competitive setting, OU (Overused) Pokémon are the most popular in the standard metagame. UU (Underused) are not as popular, usually due to glaring design flaws. NU (Never Used) are the bottom of the barrel, compost Pokémon with no real hope of being viable in a serious battle.

Then there's BL (Borderline), the pogeys that are deemed too strong for a balanced UU environment but aren't used enough to warrant OU status, and Uber, the pogeys deemed too strong for a balanced OU environment, and thus effectively banned from competitive battles.

Sep 25, 10 at 8:39pm
Millennium Master

NU? OU? UU?

Um what do these mean exactly?

Thanks in advance.

Sep 24, 10 at 10:56pm
Eon80

Kingdra got a small boost with the physical-special split in the D/P Generation shift, giving access to physical STAB Waterfall; allowing it to put Dragon Dance to good use. Then it got Outrage in Platinum to boost it all the way up to OU.

Sep 24, 10 at 9:33pm
cat13852

oh..... at first drifblim was in OU because that's the only reason i trained it, its ok as a passer.

Sep 24, 10 at 8:31pm
Heartlesswithaheart

In order:

Stealth Rock. I don't believe it was ever OU in the first place.

Horrible movepool.

Ice-type with low Speed.

x4 weakness to two very common types. Not to mention it has x2 Water weakness hindering it further.

It is outclassed by far by many other Ghost-types and is only good for Baton Passing.

See Probopass.

Sep 24, 10 at 8:29pm
Elliot Gale

These Pokémon have been in UU/NU for almost all of their time in fourth gen.

Zard - 4x weak to rock, meaning it takes 50% from the most prominent move in the game - Stealth Rock.

Entei - Horrible, horrible movepool. Taking 25% from Stealth Rock isn't helping.

Glaceon - Again, a Stealth Rock weakness, and again, a lack of offensive coverage. Ice typing prevents it from being able to put up its defensive game.

Probopass - Can't hurt things, can't handle Fighting or Ground, both of which have the strongest moves in the game in terms of bass power.

Drifblim - More rock weak, but this time it also comes with an elec weak, ice weak, and dark weak, all of which are fairly crippling since you're going to see those on just about every sweeper. It doesn't have much merit as an attacker. It can Baton Pass, that's 'bout all.

Bastiodon - See Probopass, but this time, subtract every usable support move it has as well as a fair bit of bulk. That's Bastiodon.

Kingdra got a rather significant boost when Platinum gave it access to Outrage.

Sep 24, 10 at 8:20pm
cat13852

charizard

entei

glaceon

probopass

drifblim

bastiodon.

the last time i looked they where in OU. and since when did kingdra move to OU? and others in UU