Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep » Kingdom Hearts III - The end of the Xehanort Saga » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Keyblade Sora
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Sep 10, 10 at 10:01pmCrystalLaser

So, we all know KHIII will come out some day, and Nomura said that will end the Xehanort Saga; and WHAT a saga is was! Lasting a whopping six games (BBS, I, CoM, 358/2 Days, Coded, and II), seven depending how 3D turns out, and seven or eight when III comes out, this single tale offered an extremely deep and compelling story that was critically acclaimed across the board. KHIII will cover the final battle with Xehanort, who had returned, becauuse his Heartless and Nobody were destroyed correctly.

So, the question is, once the Xehanort Saga is done, where do you think the KH series will go? If 7-8 games only covered one story, and what do you think will be next?

Personally, I sometime around here, Sora will grow old, and either become like Yen Sid, a retired Keyblade master, or die, and one of his descendants takes over.

As far as ever covering the Keyblade Wars, it may not be too far off. Nomura said they would need hi-spec hardware, all of the knowledge of said hardware, and that they would need to tell it in episodes (a series of games, or downloadable game, probably).

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 23, 12 at 3:27pm
h9

if xehanort rebirth the xehanort saga will continue, unless he become good and the saga will end with a epic final not wanted xd

Jan 31, 12 at 1:27am
kingdomhearts77

Sorry, plot hole was probably the wrong word. More like gaps and teasers, I guess. Both Final Mixes especially. The gap between I and II itself gives you the urge to play CoM. II makes you wonder a lot of things, like why Roxas left the organization, why he became friends with Axel, giving you the urge to play 358/2. Xehanort's identity revealed in II will do the same thing to you for BbS. I know teasing endings are common in any game, but with Kingdom Hearts I felt that throughout gameplay itself you are nudged to buy the spinoffs.

Jan 30, 12 at 8:12am
Grimdark

quote kingdomhearts77
Spinoffs are unlimitedly possible. We do play through the Xehanort plot for the whole series but don't forget that for most of the time we're running around with disney characters trying to fix their own affairs. As long as they don't run out of disney characters/settings to use they can go on and on. From a production point of view it's Disney > Plot.

Kingdom Hearts is a huge marketing saga to me, so many plot holes in the PS2 games which makes us want to buy these DS/PSP side-quests... I won't really fancy Square drawing out another new saga after all this, because it would feel like a drag. It can be done but it would have to be done in excellence.

There's not a lot of plot holes, if any, if you just know what happens between the first and second game a la Chain of Memories for the Gameboy Advance.

Jan 30, 12 at 3:24am
kingdomhearts77

Spinoffs are unlimitedly possible. We do play through the Xehanort plot for the whole series but don't forget that for most of the time we're running around with disney characters trying to fix their own affairs. As long as they don't run out of disney characters/settings to use they can go on and on. From a production point of view it's Disney > Plot.

Kingdom Hearts is a huge marketing saga to me, so many plot holes in the PS2 games which makes us want to buy these DS/PSP side-quests... I won't really fancy Square drawing out another new saga after all this, because it would feel like a drag. It can be done but it would have to be done in excellence.

Jan 28, 12 at 10:15pm
Ladygaga

Sora would have to be a main character. I wouldn't play if he's excluded. I appreciate the shift from the basic storyline eg. Sora Donald and Goofy,

But I don't like that the creators are starting to shift from the original characters in the main storyline.

Call me old fashioned but I like my kingdom hearts with the original cast staying put, just in new situations.

Dec 18, 11 at 5:00pm
Roxas

Xehanort is by far one of the craftiest villains out there. Assuming control over Terra, splitting himself into two halves, causing mayhem throughout more worlds than one; he has certainly proven himself as a superior villain.

Dec 18, 11 at 5:33am
KH fan 2012

I think there might be a little spin-off game after the end of the Xehanort Saga

Sep 28, 10 at 6:29pm
yugiRULER

Sports games aren't nearly as good quality as Squares games. But Im grateful, just wish they'd finish making the main games instead of doing little ones like 358/2 days, 3D, and Coded. I understand though.

Sep 28, 10 at 6:25pm
Grimdark

quote yugiRULER
It's probably not going to come out till like 2014 if square doesn't get blown up in 2012. The second one came out in 2006 correct? How many years does it take?! And yes, I know they are working on Versus... well they should stop.
To be fair, you should be grateful they make as many games as they do. They aren't like EA, churning out yearly sports games.

Sep 28, 10 at 10:24am
yugiRULER

It's probably not going to come out till like 2014 if square doesn't get blown up in 2012. The second one came out in 2006 correct? How many years does it take?! And yes, I know they are working on Versus... well they should stop.