Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » League of Legends » Heimerdinger » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

AD Carry Mage Jungler Support Top Lane

hideOriginal Post

Aug 22, 10 at 3:06amLorx

Heimerdinger the Revered Inventor

Heimerdinger, the Revered Inventor

Roles: Mage, Support
Date Released: October 10th, 2009
Costs: 3150 IP PointsIcon.png or 790 RP PointsIcon.png
HeimerdingerIcon.png

Statistics

Health 350 (+75) Health Regen. 4.5 (+0.55)
Mana 240 (+65) Mana Regen. 7.0 (+0.65)
Attack Damage 49.24 (+3) Attack Speed 0.625 (+1.21%)
Armor 7 (+3) Magic Res. 30 (+0)
Range 550 Movement Speed 300
AttackPowerIcon.png
DefensePowerIcon.png
DifficultyIcon.png
SpellPowerIcon.png
Heimerdinger, the Revered Inventor, is a champion which was released October 10th, 2009.
Patch: v1.0.0.120
Techmaturgical Repair BotsIcon.jpg
Techmaturgical Repair Bots
Heimerdinger gives himself and nearby allied structures and units 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 health regeneration per 5 seconds.
  • Radius: 800
Ability Description Rank Up
H-28G Evolution TurretIcon.jpg
H-28G Evolution Turret
(Active): Heimerdinger constructs a Turret with 260 + (15 × level) health that fires at nearby enemies, dealing magic damage (half damage to towers and inhibitors). Heimerdinger stores enough parts for a new turret every 25 seconds (affected by cooldown reduction). Turrets attack 50% faster for the first 6 seconds after placement. Turrets disappear automatically when Heimerdinger dies. Turrets receive upgrades and transform with every ability rank.
Cost: 70 / 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 mana
Range: 250
Cooldown: 1 second
Magic Damage: 30 / 38 / 46 / 54 / 62 (+0.2 per ability power)
Turret Range: 525
Sight Radius: 625
Turret Attack Speed: 1.25
Rank 1: Yellow turret
Rank 2: Green turret: reduces armor & magic resist by 1 for two seconds every hit (max. 50)
Rank 3: Green turrets: max turrets increased to 2
Rank 4: Green turrets: gain an additional 125 health
Rank 5: Red turrets: now apply 50% splash damage
Hextech Micro-RocketsIcon.jpg
Hextech Micro-Rockets
(Active): Heimerdinger fires 3 long range rockets that hit the enemies closest to him.
Cost: 65 / 85 / 105 / 125 / 145 mana
Range: 1,100
Cooldown: 10 seconds
Magic Damage: 85 / 135 / 185 / 235 / 285 (+0.55 per ability power)
CH-1 Concussion GrenadeIcon.jpg
CH-1 Concussion Grenade
(Active): Heimerdinger lobs a grenade at a targeted location, dealing magic damage to enemy units and blinding them. Enemies who are directly hit are stunned for 1.5 seconds.
Cost: 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 / 120 mana
Range: 925
Radius: 250
Stun Radius: 100
Cooldown: 13 / 12 / 10 / 11 / 9 seconds
Magic Damage: 85 / 135 / 190 / 245 / 300 (+0.6 per ability power)
Blind Duration: 1 / 1.5 / 2 / 2.5 / 3 seconds
Projectile Speed: 750

UPGRADE!!!Icon.jpg
UPGRADE%21%21%21
(Passive): Heimerdinger gains cooldown reduction.
Cooldown Reduction: 10 / 15 / 20%
[[Image:UPGRADE!!!Icon.jpg]]
UPGRADE!!!
(Active): All active Evolution Turrets are healed for 100% of their maximum health. Also for the next 6 seconds all of his abilities are improved. His turrets turn blue and fire slowing frost shots, newly created turrets also have this property, he now fires 5 Hextech Micro-Rockets instead of 3 and the missile speed on CH-1 Concussion Grenade is increased from 750 to 1,000.
Cost: 90 mana
Cooldown: 120 / 105 / 90 seconds
Turret Slow: 20 / 25 / 30%
Champions

Heimerdinger is the single most complained about champion I hear about, no matter where I go. I really just don't get it. He's not exceptional for teamfights, if he builds a turret nest somewhere, you just don't fight there, instead choosing to be somewhere else. Maps are more than one lane big. For laning he's beat out by any champion that has a spammable range anything right now, he does next to nothing to turrets in comparison to the other major push champions like Sivir. He's really just not that good for anything but area denial right now, which he's faltering at with the recent nerfs.

This is a piece of the Test Realm patch notes*, as seen on Leaguecraft:

Heimerdinger
  • H-28G Evolution Turret
  • Maximum turrets changed to 1/2/2/2/2 from 1/2/2/3/3
  • H-28G Evolution Turret rank 4 now grants +100 bonus health to new turrets
  • Cooldown modified to 26/23/20/17/14 from 24/22/20/18/16
  • CH-1 Concussion Grenade no longer affects towers or buildings
  • CH-1 Concussion Grenade ability power ratio increased to .6 from .55
I'm really not sure what Heimer is supposed to be used for now. +100hp to turrets is absolutely nothing by level 7 or 8, which is when you can actually get rank 4 if you rush it. That's less than an autoattack from any AD champ, as well as some mages, and most of the tanks. That's just pitiful. Not to mention heimer can no longer 'nade towers, so he has to depend on the wonderful turret AI to target the tower instead of a minion or a tree. I really don't see him being viable for anything anymore. This may sound like QQ, but I'm just really confused why he was nerfed, and what plans Riot has for him. All I can come up with is they didn't want Eve to be lonely on her special tier of fail.

*TR Patch notes are not finalized patch notes, many things get tweaked before actual release, Youmu's Ghostblade was revised like, four times.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 17, 12 at 1:06am
ShadowCrystallux

I wouldn't say he's that bad Lorx, nethertheless, he's a never ban champ. He does excellently against assassins imo, because they're melee (in the main) and have to get close to MR shredding turrets.

Dec 16, 12 at 6:54pm
Lorx

He's still viewed by Riot, pro players, and most everybody I've ever talked to as complete trash.

Heimerdinger's Entire Tournament History according to Leaguepedia:
  • MLG Pro Circuit 2012
    • Picked: Once
    • Banned: Never
    • Wins: Zero
That is the entire list. Not sure what ELO is having him perma-banned, but it's probably in a bracket where players have yet to learn how to dodge projectiles, like his horrendously slow grenade, or have not found out his turrets have an abysmal 525 range. Most ranged champions can autoattack from farther away from that, the norm is 550.

Dec 16, 12 at 3:13pm
ShadowCrystallux

Posts like the above are fine, as they are following my guideline of posting in an existing champ thread rather than making another and besides that necroing threads only really comes to questions that are asked by an OP then answered a year+ later imo. Thanks.

Dec 16, 12 at 2:27pm
Lukarthis

Heimerdinger is for the most skilled player..and thats making heimerdinger fckn Nice!!!.
Let me give you guys an example of the great things that you din't mention about heimerdinger.

1. Have you looked at the cooldown of the skills..all less then 10 sec + his ulti has a pasive of 15% less cooldown..
2. The grenade you need skills for it to trow it good But wtf the damage Early game!!! 160 + 30 magic damage at level 2 AND BLINDING AND STUNNING WTF!!! ( iam kiling heroes all the time with this beauty)
3: The missile with a cool down of 5 seconds and a mana need of 65 its to nice!! Not alot of damage but in a team gank you can keep trowin missiles.
4. play heimer with a good combo like heroes that can pull enemys toward them...make a nice turret nest and let the other one pull them in....give the turrets the upgrade...and when you did the upgrade then trow your grenade and missiles...and you will have a double kill for sure!!
5. Iam talking after the nerv...cause before the nerv i was one of the guys who was complaining about heimer..
6 and this is just a tip: PLace youre turrets in a bush your not in..when they chase you...and heroes always chase FOOD They will be trapped by the turrets..trow youre STUNNING grenade and its over.

Guys heimerdinger is still overpowerd and thats why he is still banned every time...

Goodluck with LoL The free pro pvp game

Aug 02, 12 at 9:54am
captain boo

quote Phoenixmon
For me, best CS Grabs by rank in Normals:

394 Ziggs
353 Ezreal
321 Heimerdinger
318 Cassiopeia

Can't remember beyond that, but he's my 3rd best CS grabbing champion. Ziggs does have much better clearing, however I am yet to try him against 2 opponents. Heimer's passive + mana regen makes him very easy to sustain, and level 5 turrets have the clear times of Cass or better. I find that as Heimer you cannot get hard pushed because he can dance around 2 enemies with frozen bullet turrets which it fun to say the least. Fire rockets and a grenade when they get close and they're in pain. However, I think that like Teemo's shrooms, the turrets should stay after death, the amount of times one more turret AA would've killed 2 enemies rather than just the one I picked on first is ridiculous -.-.
Ziggs can take on two opponents well as long as you don't stray too far from your turret. Going for farm rather than kills in this scenario, is, obviously better. Ziggs' poking, harassment, range and overall fantastic zoning means he can almost completely shield himself in-lane when he's right by the turret. If you hug the turret, you can even start to use your W offensively. =o

But yeah, I agree in that Heimerdinger's purpose in laning is to hold the ground that he gets and farm like no tomorrow.

Aug 02, 12 at 2:17am
ShadowCrystallux

Most of my games with these four champs involve a long laning phase, which is why I was comparing them. Cassiopeia probably has a slight disadvantage to my others, as I frequently leave my lane to get 2 kills/assists bot lane. Ziggs has both high laning ability and clear times, and I love how aggressively he can be played. Meanwhile Heimer I usually purposely drag the laning phase out where possible, because he does it so well .

Aug 02, 12 at 1:56am
Lorx

Zilean's somebody I forgot to mention, he's amazing at clearing and is a pain to dive since he can just revive.

High CS is awesome, but it's a number affected by far more than clear times, game time, how much you're left alone to freefarm, if your team is split pushing a lot, how long laning phase lasts, etc. It's not a really good metric for just clear times.

Aug 02, 12 at 1:19am
ShadowCrystallux

For me, best CS Grabs by rank in Normals:

394 Ziggs
353 Ezreal
321 Heimerdinger
318 Cassiopeia

Can't remember beyond that, but he's my 3rd best CS grabbing champion. Ziggs does have much better clearing, however I am yet to try him against 2 opponents. Heimer's passive + mana regen makes him very easy to sustain, and level 5 turrets have the clear times of Cass or better. I find that as Heimer you cannot get hard pushed because he can dance around 2 enemies with frozen bullet turrets which it fun to say the least. Fire rockets and a grenade when they get close and they're in pain. However, I think that like Teemo's shrooms, the turrets should stay after death, the amount of times one more turret AA would've killed 2 enemies rather than just the one I picked on first is ridiculous -.-.

Aug 01, 12 at 4:55am
Lorx

People with actually decent AoE damage can two shot entire waves without really caring. Heimer can't do that. He can clear waves relatively well, but he is nowhere near the best for being able to do it passively, or for clear times.

Aug 01, 12 at 4:44am
ShadowCrystallux

quote Lorx
People with spam AoE hold lanes better. Cass, Ziggs, Mord, Vlad, etc. Even better if they have cc. They can two-shot waves without needing to rely on turret damage, which falls off hard, and get easily destroyed.
Really? I find Heimer does better because those turrets allow him to be so passive, and use rockets when needed and the occasional grenade if they're AAing the turrets. Also I can displace them with the threat of being turretted .