Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » User Reviews Critiques and Help » Alyssa's Review Hut » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Products/PS2/Ico/userreviews.html?reviewid=35541

hideOriginal Post

Aug 19, 10 at 2:01pmAlyssa

Reviews I've done:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 04, 15 at 2:55am
Monterey Jack

was gonna say something in the review's comment section but I reckon it's better said here.

there's something about your reviews since you got back into it Alyssa - taking aside the LA Noire review, it seems like you're trying to get it all over and done with. rather than condensing a shitload of info into something that's easier/better to digest, it feels more like you have nothing to say - in fact, the story section of the Final Fantasy X2 review is more bloated as you're kinda just saying the same thing over and over again, sort of just dancing around the point instead of getting right in there. it reads awkwardly. the rest of that review is alright.

Mar 23, 15 at 5:53pm
Jak

quote Alyssa
So Monterey Jack and everybody else, what do you guys think of my Final Fantasy X-2 review?
I think Polarity and I have already summed it up in the comments sections but maybe Monterey Jack has something more to say???

You also forgot to finish off a paragraph.

Mar 22, 15 at 8:43am
Alyssa

So Monterey Jack and everybody else, what do you guys think of my Final Fantasy X-2 review?

Sep 26, 14 at 10:57pm
Monterey Jack

I dunno mate, I actually didn't care for the Kingdom Hearts 2 review. it practically reeks of her being rusty, which she thankfully applied some WD40 to when it came time to review LA Noire - now that's the real deal.

Sep 22, 14 at 6:56pm
Jak

Hey, nice to see you reviewing again!

That LA Noire review is leagues ahead of your old one. Can't say I agree with your assessment of the story; I thought it was pretty good or at least entertaining not to mention very *bleep*ing well presented. Other than that, it's pretty good stuff. Same with the Kingdom Hearts 2 review. In other words, just keep doing what you're doing!

Oct 16, 13 at 12:42am
Alyssa

It's coming...

I've also redesigned my OP. Not bothering with images for links anymore because I have reviewing ADD and the images have numbers on them.

Sep 14, 13 at 6:27am
Polarity

Eh, I actually like what she wrote down Watain. Doesn't really seem all that awkward to me. But I like your rewrite too..

Decisions decisions

Sep 14, 13 at 12:19am
Watain

it's better but I still don't like it, sorry Alyssa.

The most satisfying is when Duke rips off a boss's head and shits down its neck. After having to fire enough bullets to stop herds upon herds of aliens, nothing beats using the boss' neck as a toilet - especially if the fight itself involved having to circle strafe to avoid constant fire, collecting resources once you start to run low thus running the risk of getting hit, and then blowing your load all over them.
the problem is that it just reads a bit too awkwardly. try something like this:

The most satisfying is when Duke rips off a boss's head and shits down its neck. After having to shoot his way through herds upon herds of aliens and having to pelt the boss with a ceaseless barrage of bullets while constantly dodging its attacks, nothing beats using the boss' neck as a toilet

Sep 12, 13 at 9:38pm
Alyssa

Just edited that sentence. Cheers Polarity and Watain. Let's hope that this edit is better.

But hey, let's make this shit official!

This got priority due to the retro review challenge that Gryzor has still yet to judge. :3

Sep 08, 13 at 7:50am
Polarity

quote Watain
IF YOU ARE A FALSE, DON'T ENTRY!!

Goddamn, what plane of existence does that sentence even make sense on?