Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » User Reviews Critiques and Help » Alyssa's Review Hut » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Products/PS2/Ico/userreviews.html?reviewid=35541
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Aug 19, 10 at 2:01pmAlyssa

Reviews I've done:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 26, 14 at 10:57pm
Monterey Jack

I dunno mate, I actually didn't care for the Kingdom Hearts 2 review. it practically reeks of her being rusty, which she thankfully applied some WD40 to when it came time to review LA Noire - now that's the real deal.

Sep 22, 14 at 6:56pm
Jak

Hey, nice to see you reviewing again!

That LA Noire review is leagues ahead of your old one. Can't say I agree with your assessment of the story; I thought it was pretty good or at least entertaining not to mention very *bleep*ing well presented. Other than that, it's pretty good stuff. Same with the Kingdom Hearts 2 review. In other words, just keep doing what you're doing!

Oct 16, 13 at 12:42am
Alyssa

It's coming...

I've also redesigned my OP. Not bothering with images for links anymore because I have reviewing ADD and the images have numbers on them.

Sep 14, 13 at 6:27am
Polarity

Eh, I actually like what she wrote down Watain. Doesn't really seem all that awkward to me. But I like your rewrite too..

Decisions decisions

Sep 14, 13 at 12:19am
Watain

it's better but I still don't like it, sorry Alyssa.

The most satisfying is when Duke rips off a boss's head and shits down its neck. After having to fire enough bullets to stop herds upon herds of aliens, nothing beats using the boss' neck as a toilet - especially if the fight itself involved having to circle strafe to avoid constant fire, collecting resources once you start to run low thus running the risk of getting hit, and then blowing your load all over them.
the problem is that it just reads a bit too awkwardly. try something like this:

The most satisfying is when Duke rips off a boss's head and shits down its neck. After having to shoot his way through herds upon herds of aliens and having to pelt the boss with a ceaseless barrage of bullets while constantly dodging its attacks, nothing beats using the boss' neck as a toilet

Sep 12, 13 at 9:38pm
Alyssa

Just edited that sentence. Cheers Polarity and Watain. Let's hope that this edit is better.

But hey, let's make this shit official!

This got priority due to the retro review challenge that Gryzor has still yet to judge. :3

Sep 08, 13 at 7:50am
Polarity

quote Watain
IF YOU ARE A FALSE, DON'T ENTRY!!

Goddamn, what plane of existence does that sentence even make sense on?

Aug 28, 13 at 9:32am
Watain

quote Aevers
Also, "not present facts and strategies" - you kind of need a foundation for a building there, buddy.
whoops, was supposed to say "not just present facts and strategies". my mistake.

and no, she didn't balance them well enough. there is opinion laced in the review, but there isn't as much of it as there could've been if you catch my drift. thankfully, she rebounded with the Duke Nukem 3D review.

edit - I have to say, though...

Especially if the fight itself involved having to circle strafe, avoiding constant fire while collecting resources once you start to run low which could put you in a position to get hit if you're not careful.
what the *bleep*? you know what they say - IF YOU ARE A FALSE, DON'T ENTRY!!

Aug 24, 13 at 9:41am
Aevers

quote Watain
I feel like it's a bit too fact sheet-y for its own good. the idea is to discuss the merits of the game and how good/shit it is, not present facts and strategies.
I actually thought she did a fairly good job of balancing opinions with facts. Probably not as well as she did with The Longest Journey, I definitely agree with you there, but I thought she did what you said, which was to discuss the merits of the game.

Also, "not present facts and strategies" - you kind of need a foundation for a building there, buddy.

Aug 22, 13 at 10:29am
Alyssa

Yeah, Mark Of The Ninja was surprisingly tricky for me to review because I wanted to inform while telling people whether it's good or not. I suppose it's a tricky style to get right because you have to balance entertainment with giving people the facts (or at least what I believe are the facts), and Mark Of The Ninja bested me. I should hopefully have that sorted out in my future reviews. In fact, looking at what I have down for one... I wish I was like this with Mark Of The Ninja.

I'll edit that review sometime in the future if I have time.