Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » User Reviews Critiques and Help » Articles of Excellence (Defunct) » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Products/PS2/Ico/userreviews.html?reviewid=35541
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Aug 07, 10 at 10:18amDark Arcanine

Welcome to the latest iteration of Articles of Excellence! This contest is the decider for what’s hot when it comes to the latest batch of reviews published on Neoseeker by our very own members of the community. It’s run by a voting process that spans a two-week period, each period displaying the reviews that have been accepted onto the site in the two weeks previous.

To vote, simply send a PM to Dark Arcanine once a new period starts and before the given deadline. All you need to do is include a link in the body of the PM to the review from the current period that you think deserves to win. Make sure to get your votes in on-time or you’ll miss out on having your say! Once the deadline has been reached, votes will be tallied and a winner announced. Then the next period will start up, and so the process continues.

Sadly, I can’t afford to award you with monetary gain. What you will get, is praise and attention in various manners. First and foremost, fellow reviewers will post in this thread to give their congratulations. On top of this pat on the back, you’ll also be featured at the top of this forum, in a blog post giving a quick overview to the review and you’ll also have your review featured in a news article on GameGrep. As such, for winning the contest itself you also win the opportunity to have your review viewed and critiqued by the larger community as well.

Current Period: May 7th - May 21st, 2012

Deadline: June 4th, 2012

List of Reviews:

Shadows of the Damned by Monterey Jack
Xenoblade Chronicles by Duncan Idaho
Shadows of the Damned by Rift
The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall by Dark Moor
Tomb Raider by Monterey Jack
One by Aevers
ActRaiser by Stalagmite
Brink by EricF
Sequence by Gryzor
BioShock 2 by Solid Snake 4Life
Chronicle (movie) by Chad
Assassin's Creed by Lukas

Previous Thread

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 05, 12 at 6:22am
Gryzor

New thread is here, guys.

May 25, 12 at 9:53am
Solid Snake 4Life

Thanks Lukas, but James has the AOE victories to back his claim up. Don't expect me to bow out gracefully though lol.

May 21, 12 at 9:19pm
Lukas

quote Gryzor
I hope it's not James winning every round again
I hope it is. IMO Vergil was probably the best reviewer this site ever had, but I think it's safe to say that James and SS4L (inb4 it turns out his IRL name is also James) would tie for second.

Either way, congrats James. Great comeback review if you ask me.

May 21, 12 at 7:37pm
Chad

Well done Monterey Jack! Great review, as per usual. ^___^

May 21, 12 at 10:10am
EricF

Good job Monterey Jack.

May 21, 12 at 4:02am
Monterey Jack

Better than Sai winning every round, eh?

And thanks guys, well appreciated. Nice knowing I haven't gotten rusty.

May 21, 12 at 3:45am
Gryzor

I hope it's not James winning every round again.

Congrats mate.

May 21, 12 at 3:34am
Insanity Prevails

Congrats on winning Monterey Jack. You were up against a load of reviews during the last round.

May 21, 12 at 3:13am
Dark Arcanine

I might as well be unproductive with an essay and announce this. And don't worry guys, I'm hoping to have the new person running this shortly.

Congratulations to Monterey Jack and his Journey review!

Notable mentions go to Gryzor, Insanity Prevails, and Rift.

May 06, 12 at 5:58am
EricF

Only got around to reading Gryzor's review this week, but I'll try get around to the others soon. Congrats Insanity Prevails!