Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Neoseeker reviews the Asus AT3IONT-I Deluxe » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Aug 06, 10 at 5:44amleochan

We've got an interesting mini ITX motherboard under the lamp today with the Asus AT3IONT-I Deluxe, featuring an Intel Atom 330 processor and NVIDIA ION chipset. It's geared toward the HTPC crowd, so check our review and see how it fares in this regard.

Asus AT3IONT-I Deluxe review

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 06, 10 at 7:40pm
Player1

It Powered a 4550 just fine.

If you want to run a Highend Card you'll run into trouble, because you'll have no means of powering the card. That and I doubt the Powerbrick would be able to handle a high end card.

But as long as the card can pull all the power it needs from the PCIe slot you'll be fine.

As for the TVtuner question, all the cards I have are PCI, and this board doesn't have a PCI slot.

you'd need to either need to get a PCIe tuner, with the sacrifice of a gpu. Or a USB tuner.

Aug 06, 10 at 4:26pm
The Smith

quote Player1
quote The Slayer
What is the rated output for the power brick?
19V 4.74A It powered 3 HDD's and an optical drive just fine. I'll throw a videocard in there tomorrow, but I doubt it will work, but I'll let you know.
Ideally it would have to be able to supply four SATA devices as well as any PCI-E device not needing an external source of power, which is maximum 75W. With the board itself, I can see it going over 100W easily.

Aug 06, 10 at 2:34pm
mm01

great review. i do wonder how such a...well, rather weak system does playing full 1080p with integrated graphics. did it ever stutter?

Aug 06, 10 at 6:18am
Player1

quote The Slayer
What is the rated output for the power brick?
19V 4.74A It powered 3 HDD's and an optical drive just fine. I'll throw a videocard in there tomorrow, but I doubt it will work, but I'll let you know.

quote The Slayer
If you were to get a dual TV tuner and put it in there, how well would it perform at recording 1 show in 1080p while watching another show in 1080p?
I've actually got a box of used TV tuners I pulled out of a friends old tv server. I'm not sure if any of them work, but if any do I'll test that out for you and let you know the results.

quote The Slayer
Overall, I thought it was a great review.
Thanks

Aug 06, 10 at 6:12am
The Slayer

I was pretty impressed by that board and especially by having a small power brick instead of a power supply. You can tell some thought went into designing that motherboard as it is made to be small and compact and have the system it self take up as little room as possible, so another plus for not needing a regular PC power supply.

If I had cable TV instead of satellite I would really look at making this into a HTPC. I've always liked them and have always wanted to make one but they're pointless when you have satellite TV with a DVR.

I do have a bit of a comment on the benchmarks. Since this board is designed to be a HTPC and has a built in ATOM processor, its obviously not meant for heavy gaming or anything too heavy on the processor. I would have loved to see how well this would have functioned while using the HTPC options. If you were to get a dual TV tuner and put it in there, how well would it perform at recording 1 show in 1080p while watching another show in 1080p? Its understandable if the reviewer didnt have a TV tuner and couldnt test this out, but that would be one of the key things I would look at while looking at the review of a HTPC.

What is the rated output for the power brick? I assume its capable of running that board along with 4 hard drives and a few other things (not necessary a high end video card though).

Overall, I thought it was a great review. It made me want to go out and get that board and see how small of a HTPC I could make with it . Or even get it to play around with and make a few case mods out of it.

Aug 06, 10 at 5:44am
leochan

We've got an interesting mini ITX motherboard under the lamp today with the Asus AT3IONT-I Deluxe, featuring an Intel Atom 330 processor and NVIDIA ION chipset. It's geared toward the HTPC crowd, so check our review and see how it fares in this regard.