Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Neoseeker reviews the PowerColor Power Jack » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Aug 05, 10 at 12:16amleochan

Feel those beefy graphics cards might be looking a little too heavy in your rig? Ever wonder if there might be something out there which could help prop them up, even if you were just wondering out of sheer curiosity? PowerColor has just a solution in the form of the Power Jack, a "professional graphics card interface supporter" that promises to keep cards installed into most rigs level. Neoseeker decides to give this peripheral a test drive to see just how useful it really is:

PowerColor Power Jack Review

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 05, 10 at 7:21pm
hiigaran

but still, if that was the case, the wire solution works fine.

hah, the way things are going, lets make motherboards and heavy video cards in such a way that backplates would be needed

Aug 05, 10 at 5:29pm
ParanahJoe

I could see this being used more for the lan-party goers. I would think that a gpu would sag quite a bit more during transport over just sitting on a desk normally.

That's really the only time I could see this put to proper use.

Aug 05, 10 at 4:41pm
The Smith

quote Supernova1332
you might want to just take some thin wire around the shroud of the heatsink or part of the heatsink and tie it up to something higher in the case.
Yeah that is what I would do too.

Aug 05, 10 at 12:48pm
Iceguy2003

Good review. Pretty much sums up what I think about it. Not useful in my case. Might not really be useful for anyone, but for the people running the heaviest card made on a very cheap board (?), maybe it will save something from breaking.

But, yes, it does what it says lol!

Aug 05, 10 at 1:30am
The Slayer

I get what they're trying to do here, but is it really necessary? I have never ever heard of a PCIe slot being damaged because of a heavy graphics card. At least its only $15. It does look big though, and like Supernova said, you can just get some wire and tie it to the top of the somewhere and it would hardly be noticeable.

Aug 05, 10 at 12:42am
Supernova1332

Not completely necessary but I could see how it could be useful.

For whoever is worrying about the way it looks you might want to just take some thin wire around the shroud of the heatsink or part of the heatsink and tie it up to something higher in the case.

Aug 05, 10 at 12:16am
leochan

Feel those beefy graphics cards might be looking a little too heavy in your rig? Ever wonder if there might be something out there which could help prop them up, even if you were just wondering out of sheer curiosity? PowerColor has just a solution in the form of the Power Jack, a "professional graphics card interface supporter" that promises to keep cards installed into most rigs level. Neoseeker decides to give this peripheral a test drive to see just how useful it really is: