Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker » Help with boss fight (Pupa) » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Big Boss Cardboard Box A Cyborg Ninja Fox Hound Otacon Peace Walker Psycho Mantis Raiden 2 Raiden Big Boss 2 Solid Snake Solid Snake 2 Solid Snake 3 Solid Snake 4 Teliko The Sorrow

hideOriginal Post

Jul 20, 10 at 10:24pmShadowGuard

I am finding this one difficult simply because I have cannot avoid the lightning strike. I usually go up the stairs to the balcony attack from there. When he charges me, I simply prone and he goes right over me and misses me. I have plenty of help packs and can dodge his regular bullet fire pretty well.

My weapons:
RPG2
Basic assault rifle
C4

Supply marker.

My strategy so far:
Use the RPG to hit the big red coil looking thing, take out my rifle to hit some of the lightning rods he throws out. Then use supply marker to resupply my RPG2 ammo.

His lightning attack seems to kill me half way through the battle. Any advice?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Dec 16, 13 at 10:35pm
karasutono

got one problem with the boss fight myself. I down pupa and then when it is down I'm instructed to get into the AI chamber thing.... but... here's the kicker... The up button on the PSP that actuates the action command never is prompted. At least not for that battle, EVER. It works on Cocoon. It prompts fine for other fights but never for pupa.

- Peacewalker frustrations.

Jul 05, 12 at 9:33pm
MGS4 fan

how do you get the RPG2

Nov 23, 11 at 2:09am
J-Dog

Shadow Guard,

1. The weaker lightning attacks can simply be dodged by running to the left and right. To escape the stronger attacks, you need to be close enough to the Pupa, so that upon warning you can run behind it or at least to it's side (Its barrel can only shoot in front). This may sound counter intuitive, but you will be much safer if you remain close to it.

2. You should probably upgrade your weapons. Bring out some heavy machine guns, and don't bother with C4. Rockets are just as effective.

Jan 03, 11 at 12:36am
Solx

My Tactics are very similar to Ryan Lee above me.

I went with naked camo, Law, RPG2, Grenades(you never know), supply marker, rations, chips, curry, one item for psyche, and the analyzer(never used it).

My Strategy involves staying in the tunnel you start in front of, running back and forth from one end to the other. The Lightning mines never go that far and a good portion of the battle, the 2 walls on either side make awesome cover. Start by setting down a supple marker and blowing thru your ammo, i only had to resupply once. it took me 5:44 time to beat and i got an S rank.
Other people probably have gotten faster times, but i play very consciously.

Sep 27, 10 at 2:29am
RYAN LEE

no need for even an assualt rifle or anything. the loadout i use is: LAW, RPG2, Supply Markers and all the recovery items i can carry. as long as you keep them equipped you auto-use them when your life reaches 0. when it does the lighting rod attack just use the above tactic of hidding in those exits after you get rid of the 1 or 2 near there. and set your loadout to have the LAW out first since its reload time is quicker.

Sep 11, 10 at 12:27pm
callanrocks

camp in the places pupa goes into and this fight is easy

Sep 07, 10 at 6:33am
NeRO_DxS

i don't have rpg2 for a first playthrough...

Jul 22, 10 at 11:12pm
Richiejack

All i say is use both the assault rifle/machine gun and the RPG2 against the pupa and dont worry about lowering your heroism with the supply markers spam them put 3 down stay in that area and when you need ammo for both weapons call one and then repeat. if you can make the missile launcher the one that locks on to things it make the AI fight a hell of a lot easier.

Jul 22, 10 at 5:08pm
King of Ice

Go to one of the Exits that the Pupa uses,there should only be a few Rods there(1-3),destroy them and stay there until it does the electricity attack,you shouldn't get hit,unless you miss a rod
Bring any Machine Gun,More Ammo,Less Time Reloading,More Damage

Jul 21, 10 at 9:34pm
AzureLao

no matter what part of the area you go to, make SURE to destroy all of the lightning rods that land near you.
if you are staying near those alcoves, there should only be 1 or 2 that you HAVE to destroy.

like DC Sniper said, bring one of the Heavy Machine Guns. more ammo=less time reloading.