Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » RuneScape » NeoRS Friend Chat » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Remember GUESTS, to read the RULES.
Please don't double post, flame/spam, post scams or things related to macros around here.

If you are found posting any scam, you WILL be banned without exception.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jul 16, 10 at 1:56pmOnilink

NeoRS Friend Chat
The in-game IRC

While other chat methods may have more functionality, sometimes it's just easier to talk in-game rather than switching windows, especially when fighting boss monsters. That is the purpose of Friend Chat; an in-game chat medium for the community.

Entering the Channel

To join the Friend Chat, click on the 2 smiley faces at the bottom of your sidebar interface and press 'Join Chat'. Enter Neo_Chat in the box that appears, and you'll be placed into the channel.

To send messages to the channel, simply add a forward slash (/) before your message. Any messages sent through the channel will have [Neo] beside the user who sent it.

This Thread

The purpose of this thread is to house any questions or suggestions regarding Friend Chat. It can also be used sparingly to post interesting or humorous discussions that have occurred in the chat. It is not, however, going to be used to report users who have broken the rules. If that hasn't been made clear enough already, all reports will be handled privately, and those posted here will be deleted.

Friend Chat Ranks

Certain members will be given the ability to kick other users if they break the rules. Generals will be in the chat help maintain order to stamp out any conflict, but they are also there for their own enjoyment. If something bad is happening in the chat, PM a general about it and they will resolve the situation. If you have a problem with a general, message them privately and try to resolve it. If that fails, then PM Anime; do not post a complaint in this thread.

There are a number of ranks we use in Neo Chat:

Generals: These have a golden star beside their name in the Friend Chat window. Those with this rank have been hand picked to ensure the Friend Chat experience remains enjoyable. This rank can kick troublesome members at their own discretion.

Captains: These have a silver star beside their name in the Friend Chat window. Those with this rank are newly promoted, "generals-in-training" and remain as captain for a short period before becoming a General. This rank can kick troublesome members at their own discretion.

Lieutenants: These have a bronze star beside their name in the Friend Chat window. Those with this rank are ex-generals who have either retired or become inactive. If there is an emergency, they can be called upon via NeoPM, if online. This rank can kick troublesome members at their own discretion.

Friend Rank: These have a smiley face beside their name in the Friend Chat window. Those with this rank have won a community competition or award. These have no Friend Chat powers, and cannot kick. The rank is pure aesthetic.

Generals
    RSN - Neo Name

BuddytheElf - CCsurf
    Cheat Skill - cheater12349
    Frysinger - Unseen Steal
    Mike Numbers - Mike65707
    Mr Ownage Jr - Harry Hippo
    Stingy - Burn in Hell
    Toxicka - Misato

Captains:
    RSN - Neo Name

I Bluffed - Tashur Astur

Lieutenants
    RSN - Neo Name

W16 - Zap
    Darker Envy - Necros
    iRunecraft - lbt10
    K Bull - ACY3
    L0RD - HamsterMan
    Life4aiur - MSooRi
    Ultralisk - PureStealth

Reporting

If you have something to report, either regarding regular members or ranked members (like Generals), you should only do so by PMing Anime. Do not post screenshots in this thread, or make accusations here, they are no longer welcome. It helps greatly if you have screenshots of what was said so that we can see exactly what's going on.

Rules

Friend Chat is an extension to this forum, therefore all Neoseeker rules and policies apply while in the chat. Something I will emphasise is that no flaming is to take place in the chat. You will be removed if you flame anyone, and if it's severe enough (forum moderators will be the judge) you will be banned on the forum as well. Read this post and take note; there will be no leniency when it comes to flamers and trolls.

If, when you are in the chat, something starts to kick up, you can do one of three things:
    1. Ask those concerned politely to stop or take it to PM
    2. PM a general, either in-game, in IRC or whatever, and point out the issue
    3. Ignore it

Under no circumstances should you jump in and add fuel to a fire. Doing so will get you banned, because you are not helping the situation, only making it worse. If no generals are online, try contacting me through IRC, or take screenshots of what's being said and send them to me privately. Do not post screenshots of reports or complaints in this thread.

Being an actual part of the RuneScape game, technically all Jagex rules apply in the chat, but Neoseeker's rules take precedence. While we would hope that you would be allowed more freedom than Jagex's rules usually allow, you should be careful what you say and avoid chatting about touchy subjects. That includes sexual themes, racist remarks, use of drugs and anything that could offend someone; if you end up with black marks or a ban it is your own fault.

We also request that everyone refrains from reporting problems to Jagex. This is a community chat for this forum, so let the moderators (forum and chat) deal with any issues. Unless there has been a severe breach of the RuneScape rules (and I mean severe), all flaming and spamming situations should only be reported to us. I said those who receive black marks and bans have only themselves to blame, but that doesn't mean you should report people to Jagex if they do break the rules. Jagex is an uncontrollable factor and I'd rather we didn't have to work around them and their punishment system.

Below is a non-exhaustive list of common-sense rules which you are expected to abide by if you want to chat in this Friend Chat:
    • Do not spam the chat with pointless messages
    • Do not flood the chat with anything
    • Do not flame other members at all
    • Do not report others to Jagex unless under extreme circumstances
    • Do not send any inappropriate messages in the chat (sexual topics, racist remarks etc)
    • When a general tells you to stop doing something, stop doing it
    • Any "4promote" comments, or blatant or implied begging for a general position warrants a warning followed by a kick if repeated. (Falls under Spamming)

Using Swear Words

Since Jagex's recent update, certain words like "Damn", "Crap", and "Ass" have been uncensored. Using the is perfectly fine as long as you keep it clean and in an acceptable context. Anyone spamming the words, using the words out of context, or verbally assaulting someone with them will result in an INSTANT KICK. Flaming may also result in a forum ban if a moderator sees fit.

-NOTE: In case of flaming and a moderator is not present in the Chat Channel, it would help if you take a screenshot of the event and send it in a PM to any of the forum moderators. Makes it easier to see if the person in question is guilty or not.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 29, 14 at 11:11pm
tsujack

I'm online daily , i'll join the friends chat whenever I see people on.

Apr 26, 14 at 10:10pm
lbt10

I'm in Neo Chat everytime I'm on RS.

Trying to repopulate it, so join it if you want

Dec 03, 13 at 10:37am
RYAN LEE

I'm Jimmy_TheRev. I'll be logging on in a second. I've been around RS since late 1999-2000 (that account got banned or i can't remember the password... or a combination of the 2 ) so if there's any noobs that have questions or if you wanna just play some minigames, let me know

Nov 27, 13 at 7:26pm
colt02222

0_0 hahahaha add me

Jun 05, 13 at 9:57am
6thjokercard

Sorry I don't post as much as I used to and all but I do attend the friends chat daily. I always tend to find friendly people who can answer what questions I do have.

Jun 03, 13 at 9:24pm
Wyan1234

Red star is for old generals who aren't active. If it makes you feel better, Neo Chat is pretty barren these days so you don't have to worry about kicking people

Jun 03, 13 at 9:15pm
PureStealth

WTB star polish

Sep 27, 12 at 8:44pm
Gengis Khan

Thanks for all you have done! xoxo

Jul 29, 12 at 3:31pm
Demonic Sword

Capt Mcswags is me. I might join later on.

Jul 24, 12 at 8:15pm
BluAnimal

Firemaking braces