Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » League of Legends » OP Champions » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Jul 12, 10 at 11:50amChimaira

What champions do you reckon are overpowered in LoL, if any? I personally don't feel any champion is really OP, I find it more to be people whining because they've been raped by an "OP champion".

I don't think Jax is OP because he is only good 1v1 and has no real ulti. I don't think WW is OP because he has no real escape mechanism, if he gets ganked it's game over 9 times out of 10.

Opinions?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 01, 13 at 9:21pm
BluAnimal

dragoon21234

She may have incredible damage potential but thankfully she falls off quick AND hard. The best way to deal with her is rune flat MR and take a null magic mantle for your first item. Build it into either Mercury's Treads or, more preferably, Chalice of Harmony. Early MR can shut down her strongest point of the game. From there just build your AP and health items like Rylai's and Liandry's.

Jun 01, 13 at 9:15pm
ShadowCrystallux

quote Dragoon21234
Honestly I've had a long standing hatred for Leblanc. She just seems so.. Overpowered. To a ridiculous extent. In a 1v1 situation, anyway. She can just W in then Q+R you for tons of damage and W back out. If you're careful with her and use your combo quickly enough, almost nothing can kill you. The fact her ulti's mana cost goes down to 0 at max rank+the CD is super low just makes her crazy in a 1v1 situation. She falls off late game but she's virtually made the enemy mid useless for their lack of farm and kills, unless they start roaming. Just my opinion, though.
Same could be said about most assassins, to an extent with different spells. I've beaten LeBlanc with Zyra before, I rushed Chalice and boots, and ended up with 0/1/0 and quadruple her farm at the end of laning. LeBlanc both hates and loves pushers. It means that she has an even harder time farming but has a more clear shot at getting her victim. Imo, she's much easier to beat than most other assassins, but that's probably because I've played so many games against and as her. Hell, Heimer beats her in lane (you can place your turret down to block her root, farm a mile away and you can also poke her from a much further distance away). She just punishes any mistake you make with 90-100% of your health.

Edit: OP Spelling

Jun 01, 13 at 2:39pm
Dragoon21234

Honestly I've had a long standing hatred for Leblanc. She just seems so.. Overpowered. To a ridiculous extent. In a 1v1 situation, anyway. She can just W in then Q+R you for tons of damage and W back out. If you're careful with her and use your combo quickly enough, almost nothing can kill you. The fact her ulti's mana cost goes down to 0 at max rank+the CD is super low just makes her crazy in a 1v1 situation. She falls off late game but she's virtually made the enemy mid useless for their lack of farm and kills, unless they start roaming. Just my opinion, though.

May 25, 13 at 11:57pm
ShadowCrystallux

quote Couttsy
Depending on who veigar is up against he will either have a very good or very bad time, but even if he isn't very fed he doesn't need his stun to be able to 2 hit combo the enemy apc, his q & ult are 95% of the time more than enough damage, I've seen a fed veigar walk up to a fed fizz and 1 hit him with his ult, that was about ~1700 damage
*cough* build magic resist *cough*. But in all seriousness, the Fizz should've kept his jump up for dodging the ult. And even if he didn't have that, the only champion I've ever one-shot as Veigar was Zilean, and the only reason that happened was because he had 30 MR, ~1700 health, and it had been a 50 minute game (in which I'd farmed pretty excessively).

May 25, 13 at 10:35pm
Couttsy

Depending on who veigar is up against he will either have a very good or very bad time, but even if he isn't very fed he doesn't need his stun to be able to 2 hit combo the enemy apc, his q & ult are 95% of the time more than enough damage, I've seen a fed veigar walk up to a fed fizz and 1 hit him with his ult, that was about ~1700 damage

May 25, 13 at 5:26pm
Chaosfire

quote Etherlight
Veigar's early game is really bad. If he farms with his Q he basically has no counter harass, so force him to use it on you or punish him for last-hitting with his Q. His stun is dangerous but has a short range and with Merc Treads he can't really combo his W without investing some early points to E, which hurts his overall damage potential. Make sure you ward (although you always should be warding regardless), because his stun is an amazing follow-up CC or initiator for a jungler. He struggles in lane, especially against sustain or long range match-ups, but if you can't shut him out from farming it's going to be very difficult to out-damage him later on.

In team-fights, he has short range and can only really nuke down one target. If he can't nuke a person, then he's basically useless, so hope that your bruisers and tanks are beefy enough to zone him without getting one-shotted.

My quall with Veigar are those terrible memories of literally being (semi) one shotted when playing an AP champion, but that's the charm of Veigar.

May 25, 13 at 4:31pm
Etherlight

Veigar's early game is really bad. If he farms with his Q he basically has no counter harass, so force him to use it on you or punish him for last-hitting with his Q. His stun is dangerous but has a short range and with Merc Treads he can't really combo his W without investing some early points to E, which hurts his overall damage potential. Make sure you ward (although you always should be warding regardless), because his stun is an amazing follow-up CC or initiator for a jungler. He struggles in lane, especially against sustain or long range match-ups, but if you can't shut him out from farming it's going to be very difficult to out-damage him later on.

In team-fights, he has short range and can only really nuke down one target. If he can't nuke a person, then he's basically useless, so hope that your bruisers and tanks are beefy enough to zone him without getting one-shotted.

May 25, 13 at 4:19pm
Abyssnights

I have to think of Veigar when hearing the word OP...
His nuking possibilities are higher than I've seen and his stun can be so strong if used well..
Might just be me but I can't seem to win mid against a veigar.

May 18, 13 at 4:21pm
Tashur Astur

quote Inuyasha
Mordekaiser is lame
Fixed it for you.

May 18, 13 at 4:00pm
Inuyasha

Tashur Astur Not sure what you're trying to point out. Lissandra is a strong champion, and she's meant to counter bruisers. I've never lost my lane to a melee champion, that's what she excels at. You should try facing a Lux or Xerath though. It's not a good time.

Her W is nowhere near an Amumu ult, not in damage, radius, or duration. It maxes out to be 1.5 seconds, Amumu's is 2 seconds IIRC.

Her blink is very strong and easily countered. I would prefer a Leblanc jump or Kassadin void walk over Lissandra's E any day.

Lissandra's a great champion and I love playing her, but I've never experienced a moment where I just downright felt she was OP.

I was joking about Mordekaiser, he's pretty trash, he just is very strong against many champions I enjoy and I've always hated him.