Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Neoseeker reviews the Asus ARES HD 5970 » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jul 08, 10 at 9:18amleochan

If you ever wanted to see just what a $1200 USD graphics card can do, then you won`t wanna miss our latest review of the Asus ARES HD 5970 4GB. This bad boy sports dual HD 5970 GPU cores, and a beefy heatsink (and price) to match!

ASUS ARES HD 5970 4GB Review

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 27, 10 at 11:31pm
Iceguy2003

Brings a new meaning to "Plug and Play". Just plug this card in, and play any game out on the market.

Jul 15, 10 at 5:51pm
Vagabond

Yes, it can run three monitors. But, it has three different connection types so all the monitors will use a different source. For $1200 it would have been nice to see some adapters with the card, but ASUS is marketing the ARES more as the fastest graphics cards available rather than pushing the Eyefinity technology.

Jul 15, 10 at 12:03pm
hiigaran

Can you run 3 monitors at once on this card? I've heard of other cards with similar outputs only able to output on 2 out of 3 video outputs at a time.
for 1200 big ones, i would expect it to.

Jul 15, 10 at 4:53am
The Slayer

Can you run 3 monitors at once on this card? I've heard of other cards with similar outputs only able to output on 2 out of 3 video outputs at a time.

That is an insane video card though.

Jul 13, 10 at 7:27am
Vagabond

quote ChiroVette
Excellent review and very infrmative. I agree that the price is a little insane, but if you want that kind of bragging rights, lol you gotta pay!

By the way, I may be wrong, but isn't the 5970 simply two 5870's in one card, making the Ares, in effect, 4 5870's in the card with, reflective of the 4GB's of video ram?
Thanks!

No it is still just 2 HD 5870's combined. The on-board memory and clock speeds are increased though, which will yield better performance.

Jul 11, 10 at 1:20pm
ChiroVette

Excellent review and very infrmative. I agree that the price is a little insane, but if you want that kind of bragging rights, lol you gotta pay!

By the way, I may be wrong, but isn't the 5970 simply two 5870's in one card, making the Ares, in effect, 4 5870's in the card with, reflective of the 4GB's of video ram?

Jul 11, 10 at 5:13am
Darkness Flame

Interesting second card in this series.

I have to wonder if they're splitting the names between the brands;

ATI = Greek
NVIDIA = Roman

Would make since, seeing as how the ARES is an HD 5970, while the MARS was a GTX 295.

But hey, don't forget that these R.O.G. brand cards have a second purpose; they also serve as space heaters.

Jul 10, 10 at 3:14pm
hiigaran

If anybody has this card, I'm sure they have 3 high res monitors.
^this. that extra memory would really help in minimising the performance loss from using a higher resolution when running two or three high res monitors.

Jul 10, 10 at 3:05pm
Ohmycaptain

quote tallteen86
Is the 4GB of memory really all that necessary?

I imagine it's mainly for outputting to 2 (can it handle more?) video outputs at high resolution each?
All ATI 5000 series cards can output 3 displays, with the exception of the 6 and 12 display special eyefinity cards.

If anybody has this card, I'm sure they have 3 high res monitors.

Jul 10, 10 at 2:33pm
Shadow of Death

Is the 4GB of memory really all that necessary?

I imagine it's mainly for outputting to 2 (can it handle more?) video outputs at high resolution each?