Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Sonic The Hedgehog 2 » Saving? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jul 08, 10 at 12:20amKeera

Can we save in this game so I can stop and pick up where I left off later?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 03, 10 at 11:02pm
1Phil68

quote Keera
Can we save in this game so I can stop and pick up where I left off later?

you CAN NOT save this game never well be able to got that

Jul 19, 10 at 6:11pm
Wes

quote DG
I wonder how the illegally uploaded copies were obtained.
I have no idea. I don't know how so many roms were collected before the Retrode, either. For all of those games to be uploaded, a lot of people must have known how to connect the game to a computer. Maybe some of those guys knew how to connect the system's hardware, too.

Jul 14, 10 at 7:20pm
D-G

I know.

And the emulator requires BIOS files. At least to play anything other than an original Megadrive game.

So if you used the Retrode for a 32x game (Can it do that?) you'd need the bios. Which as far as I know there's no way to get...

I wonder how the illegally uploaded copies were obtained.

Jul 14, 10 at 3:55pm
Wes

Oh. The retrode pulls the games out of the cartridges, but you still need an emulator to play them on pc. It doesn't connect to the system at all.

Jul 12, 10 at 7:04pm
D-G

I heard about that, or something similar.

But that's the game cartridge.

The BIOS is in the console. So surely that device doesn't help with that?

I don't think you need BIOS to play Megadrive games, but you do for 32X and Mega-CD.

Jul 12, 10 at 2:30pm
Wes

quote DG
In theory you could copy it to your PC from your console, which is legal. But you need some weird cables to do that, and honestly I have no idea where you'd even plug them on a megadrive.
It's not theory anymore. Some guy in Germany has been making something called a Retrode. You plug your SNES or Genesis cartridges into the device and hook the cable to the USB port. It's most useful because you can archive your save files and change your game's battery, then reload the save to the cartridge.

Jul 09, 10 at 8:44pm
Keera

Ohhh alright! Thanks everybody for the info! Guess I'll -attempt- to finish the game in one sitting. Or just have the game paused for a very long time >.<

Oh well.... thanks again!

Jul 09, 10 at 6:38pm
D-G

He means emulating with something like "KEGA".

As far as I know it's perfectly legal so long as you own the game.

The technically illegal part is getting the BIOS for the emulator. In theory you could copy it to your PC from your console, which is legal. But you need some weird cables to do that, and honestly I have no idea where you'd even plug them on a megadrive.

Jul 09, 10 at 3:15pm
Wes

He's referring to a way to play the game on the computer, but technically it's illegal because of copyright laws.

Jul 08, 10 at 10:04pm
Keera

quote Ranger 1
quote Keera

Crud. I'll never get through it then...

There are ways of "saving" the game, but I couldn't discuss them here. =x
We can't discuss them here? But there actually is a way to save though?