Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Football Manager 2008 » arsenal strikers » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 06, 10 at 1:58pm
Debtless

Just how good is Adebayor? He did well for Arsenal in the first two seasons in my Leeds United game, but in the next two he wasn't so great. Then again he hasn't been played that much because Wenger snapped up this immense Turkish regen who scores goals for fun. Anyway I have a chance to sign him for £6-7M with him currently unhappy at the club, but I've been unsure about the move because his wages far exceed my club's current wage structure - Aaritalo's my highest wage earner on £38k per month but Adebayor would be wanting over £60k.

To be honest I'd rather have Chamakh but he won't sign, and this looks like it could be a good deal, but I don't want to have a big money flop on my hands!

Jul 01, 10 at 11:43pm
tyler08

just quit my arsenal cause Adebayor made it to easy was scoring 50+ goals a season.

RVP was brilliant for me in the 1st two season scoring about 80 goals in 2 years before he got unhappy so i sold him.

You must be something wrong what formation do you play?

Jul 01, 10 at 10:16pm
thetwilight

RVP and Adebayor were regarded as the deadliest strike partnership on FM2008. If they aren't scoring then it's something you're not doing right.

They're both as good as each other, in my opinion. They should easily be able to tear up the league whilst playing in the same team, but if it isn't working then you should just try different partnerships with the players you have.

Don't rule out Wallcott upfront either and give Carlos Vela a bash when he comes back.

Fabianski
Senderos - Toure - Gallas
Sanga -------------Clichy
Fabregas - Diaby
Fernandez
Adebayor - Van-Persie

If that doesn't win you something then I don't know what will. I'm assuming you've brought in another centre back? Senderos is hopeless. Give Fernando Meira a look.

Diaby, Song and Denilson are all alright, but Veloso trumps them all. He's a must have, if you ask me.

Can't go wrong with Arsenal's forwards really.

Last but not least: Keep Havard Nordtveit tied up!

Jul 01, 10 at 9:24pm
versaihola

my strike duo aint working at all 17 matches played and my top scorer is matias fernandez with 11 goals and 2nd is fabregas with 7 robin van persie and abebayor both got 3 goals only i have no ideas how to connect robin n adebayor or is maybe using bentdner or eduardo better? please recommend