Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Monster Hunter Freedom Unite » Rathalos v.s. Rathian » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Sooo Tasty Rathalos Cha-Cha Bow Deviljho Dual Blades Great Sword Gun Lance Hammer Heavy Bowgun Hunting Horn Lance Light Bowgun Long Sword Cha-Cha Zinogre Gigginox Ceadeus Rathian Switch Axe Sword and Shield Nargacuga Great Jaggi Lagiacrus Agnaktor Diablos
Note to Guests: Welcome to the forum! - Even as a guest, we hope you will enjoy yourselves and follow the forum guidelines!Please read over the updated Freedom Unite Forum Guidelines!.

hideOriginal Post

Jun 30, 10 at 1:52amJamzdog

Just the plain ones. Wich has better attack/deffence? What is easier to kill and what are the weaknessess. If I picked one armor what should I use or are the stats the same? Also, Rathalos = guy & Rathian = girl?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 10, 12 at 6:55am
gogengantes

With 3 cats you an get +30 health skill from the felyne kitchen. In low rank this is more than enough to withstand a couple of hits from most monsters.

You can also raise your health with max and ancient potions. These aren't that hard to make and I think that by the time you get the rathian armor you can make these items.

Looking up information about takes a lot less time than actually farming the rathian armor. There are guides that show you which combinations gives you which results with any number of chefs.

quote RathLord
Saying this isn't a good skill is like saying Sword sharpener isn't good againced a Blangonga.
Sword sharpener being a useful skill mainly depends on the weapon you're using. With weapons like GS or hammer that don't need to be sharpened that often there are other more valuable skills available (mostly in high and Grank). You can just sharpen your weapon when the monster jumps to a different area or you can (even with a blango) time your sharpening correctly and sharpen your weapon without the skill and not get harmed.

Don't get me wrong, I like the sword sharpener skill, but I do find the health boost skill from armor pointless. It's also pointless comparing these two skills because you can get increased health from other sources but you can't get sword sharpener from anywhere else than an armor skill.

A much better armor imo is the garuga armor (replace the normal helmet with the MASK) and you can get Sharp Inc, Sharpsword, Earplug and RA+1. For low rank this is one of the best overall melee sets available

Oct 10, 12 at 6:31am
RathLord

quote gn_x00
quote RathLord
quote kamikazay
health isn't really a good skill imo
.... You're kidding, right? Health is an incredibly helpful skill. Thanks to this set I've been saved from so many combos with just alittle bit of health then i was able to heal up. Saying this isn't a good skill is like saying Sword sharpener isn't good againced a Blangonga.
nope. Health skill is one of the most wasted slot out there. You can get health +40 or +50 from Kitchen and still get the armor for other godly skill

not to mention you won't need health if you don't get hit often. 100 HP is enough even on G-Rank as long as you don't use low/high rank armor or get comboed to death
You argue good points but for people who are new to the game, it can be a very helpful skill. Most people who are new don't know a monsters attacks, making it easy for them to be comboed to death by a monster. They also don't know the right combinations of food for +40 or +50 health in the kitchen. And, as far as i know, you can't get the food for these kitchen skills until you have 4 felines (correct me if I'm wrong. It's just that i don't use the kitchen for food until i have 4 or 5 felines)

Oct 09, 12 at 5:31pm
gn_x00

quote RathLord
quote kamikazay
.... You're kidding, right? Health is an incredibly helpful skill. Thanks to this set I've been saved from so many combos with just alittle bit of health then i was able to heal up. Saying this isn't a good skill is like saying Sword sharpener isn't good againced a Blangonga.
nope. Health skill is one of the most wasted slot out there. You can get health +40 or +50 from Kitchen and still get the armor for other godly skill

not to mention you won't need health if you don't get hit often. 100 HP is enough even on G-Rank as long as you don't use low/high rank armor or get comboed to death

Oct 09, 12 at 2:31pm
RathLord

quote kamikazay

Jun 30, 10 at 7:55pm
kamikazay

rathalos can get annoying for it fly's a lot,however rathian is more of a ground fighter, however for armors.
If you want to make one

Rathalos def: 200
skills: Rec speed 5, attack 20 (atk up large),
an PsychicVis 10(detect) Paralysis -10(just gem it down)
and 4 gem slots

Rathian def: 190
skills: poison 10(poison duration halved not negated),Health 15(increase hp by 30) and PsychicVis 9(just gem it) faint -5( no need to worry) an 7 gem slots

health isn't really a good skill imo, just eat at your kitchen or nutrients etc an take herbal medicine if you have a poison problem, rathalos is looking better out of the two however pick what you like of course

Jun 30, 10 at 6:58am
gogengantes

Rathalos has more attack power then rathian but rathian has a bigger health pool then rathalos.

as you can see from the post ice works well on rathalos and dragon on rathian but dragon is still very usefull on rathalos imo.

Element doesn't really matter tbh, get a high raw power hammer and smash their faces in, end of story.

Jun 30, 10 at 3:46am
Shin

quote Jamzdog
Just the plain ones. Wich has better attack/deffence? What is easier to kill and what are the weaknessess. If I picked one armor what should I use or are the stats the same? Also, Rathalos = guy & Rathian = girl?
1) it always feel like rathalos hits harder than rathian for me but i dont know what the actual difference is.
2) rathian has always been easier to kill for me. http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/38854/t1451516-monster-weakness-list-in-progress/ theirs the link to the monster weakness list.
3) if you picked 1 armor to fight them or which armor to make? i used yian garuga armor to kill both rathian and rathalos.
4) rathalos = guy. rathian = girl. yes.

Jun 30, 10 at 1:52am
Jamzdog