Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker » Where's my wing? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Big Boss Cardboard Box A Cyborg Ninja Fox Hound Otacon Peace Walker Psycho Mantis Raiden 2 Raiden Big Boss 2 Solid Snake Solid Snake 2 Solid Snake 3 Solid Snake 4 Teliko The Sorrow

hideOriginal Post

Jun 25, 10 at 6:16pmMamba

Hi everyone, i'm having a little problem with the monster hunter missions, basically i'm trying obtain the rathalos wing and cant quite figure out why i'm not getting it. I've beaten rathalos both times with s ranks on single player and co-op but still havent recieved the item. I got the fatigues the first time I beat it but have no idea how to obtain the wing. To make things even more confusing I have only beaten tigrex once (during daylight) but still got the fang and the fatigues as a reward. Can anybody tell me what I need to do to get the wing? Thanks.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

May 03, 12 at 12:25am
D-MAN-DEMPA

I was going nearly insane while I was fighting the same mission over and over but I finally got it. I sniped off it's tail then put it to sleep, killed a lot of smaller dinos and got a C-rank but that's how I got it anyways.

Apr 16, 11 at 10:53pm
WakeCraterWind

Nair. I'm under 15,000, and I got a wing on my first kill.

I did break all the parts though. Likely breaking stuff and doing the later mission gives you a higher chance, but it's no guarantee. Just like in Monster Hunter.

Jul 12, 10 at 11:09pm
Selby

I just got the Rathalos Wing. I didn't do anything different from normal. Except, It was the first time I had attempted the mission after having passed 50,000 hero points, and it was on the twilight version of the battle, unsure if any of this is significant?

Jul 12, 10 at 9:10pm
Hitsu123

I still haven't managed to S-Rank the Rathalos Missions. Tigrex and Gear Rex? Easy, but the Rathalos? If the damn thing would stay on the ground!

Jul 12, 10 at 1:55am
Machienzo

I'm sure just like the Monster Hunter reward system, it's random. I've yet to see any guide on prerequisites unlocking it.

Jul 11, 10 at 3:33am
SGD

Tell you what, are you fighting it at daytime or at dusk? Supposedly the rewards are greater/higher chance for dusk time missions.

I actually had a harder time unlocking the Sling Band and Sling Post. I guess it's all just luck. It doesn't look like there's a real method to gaining the monster parts.

Jul 10, 10 at 5:15pm
Selby

This Rathalos Wing is starting to become quite annoying. I wouldn't mind so much if it was a little more challenging, but it's 5 mins to easily S-rank for no/little reward.

Jul 08, 10 at 11:15am
SGD

Ayeah.

Nothing special really, though by the time I did that I'd already unlocked the Musket, gotten the Wing, and the Fatigues.

Jul 08, 10 at 11:12am
Selby

Has anybody tried, breaking all the Rathalos parts, then putting it to sleep?

Jul 08, 10 at 3:04am
General AC

That's so awesome were you got it i haven't found it yet