Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Animal Crossing: New Leaf » Early Impressions and Screens (3D Impressions Page 4) » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.Looking to exchange friend codes and play online? There's a forum for that! Head over to the Wi-Fi & Friend Codes forum!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Gracie Rudy KK Slider Poppy Present Tex Acorn Rotten Acorn Wallpaper Small Acorn Tangy Umbrella Goldie Stitches Apple Axe Tangy Beau Black Cosmos Black Roses Black Tulips Blue Pansies Blue Roses Bluebear Candy Cheri Cherries Chief Coconut DJ KK Durian Pond Smelt Fishing Rod Fossil Gold Roses Golden Axe Golden Fishing Rod Golden Net Golden Shovel Golden Slingshot Golden Watering Can Pink Ribbon Sweets House Gracie Gyroid Bamboo Seed Mango Kicks Kiki Isabelle Purple Ribbon Leif Lemon Lychee Melba Bell Bag Net Tom Nook T and T Orange Cosmos Orange Pansies Orange Roses Orange Peach Pear Persimmon Pink Cosmos Pink Roses Pink Tulips Pitfall Seed Pudge Purple Pansies Purple Roses Purple Tulips Party Popper Red Cosmos Red Pansies Red Roses Red Snapper Red Tulips Redd Reese Leaf Shirt Shovel Skye Slingshot Perfect Apple Cherry Watering Can White Cosmos White Pansies White Roses White Tulips Wolfgang Lobo Yellow Cosmos Yellow Pansies Yellow Roses Yellow Tulips Large Acorn

hideOriginal Post

Jun 22, 10 at 3:05amLost in Azure

Here are what some people who actually got to see the game in 3D have been saying. The early impressions alone are exciting, and I can't wait for more screens and information.

quote Giancarlo Varanini, Editor-at-large
That being said, there are so many games and demos that impressed. Paper Mario looks absolutely magnificent as does Animal Crossing, which seems like it's finally receiving the upgrade it deserves. That game is almost perfectly suited for the 3DS and what it can do.
quote Tom Mc Shea, Associate Editor
(Animal Crossing looks a lot better than the Wii version),
quote Jane Douglas, Section Editor | GameSpot UK
I took a look at Kid Icarus Uprising and the Animal Crossing and Metal Gear Solid games for 3DS at the Nintendo booth. These had non-playable demonstrations of how the 3D looks, though in the Metal Gear Solid demo, you can use the new analog pad to move the camera around as you move on rails through some jungle. I also played with Nintendogs (3D petting, adorable) and The Sims, which had a character creator demo that shows your sim in 3D as you dress it and modify the face.

The 3D is impressive straight away, much more effective than I’d expected; when you use the 3D slider next to the upper screen to shift from 2D to 3D mode on the fly, the stuff in the foreground really pops up. The illusion of depth is great--and the colours and brightness aren’t washed out from being viewed through polarized lens glasses. The viewing angle is pretty small--you get that 3D ghosting effect when you tilt the screen-- but that’s no big problem for a handheld console.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 10, 10 at 8:44pm
Starlety

I love 3D movies and cannot wait to see what nintendo will do with the 3DS I heart anything from nintendo :L

Jul 08, 10 at 6:29pm
tracesupakriken

Eh, personally I don't like 3D movies. When I watch them it seems like I'm watching like..a lot of layers I guess, and they kind of hurt my eyes so I'm really excited to see what they'll do with the 3D for Animal Crossing since they say the 3D will be subtle anyway. ^-^ I've already got thoughts in mind of what they'll be doing with it, but I'm pretty sure it'll be awesome.

quote jdl22
It may be hard on the eyes, but I thought having resseti attack us would be fun to watch >__< is it just me?
    XD not just you. I think it would be somewhat fun to watch as well. @.@

Jul 08, 10 at 1:05am
ShamanFox

quote Lost in Azure
    From what I understand (after seeing another thread in the 3DS forum) its not really the 3D people are expecting, like the movie type 3D. I think it's more like multiple layers of video playing at the same time to create the effect.

I'm not really sure, I wish I could find the video of it that I had seen. D;

I haven't seen any 3D movies, mostly because the way it was described seemed too gimmicky to me. Stuff Popping out at me didn't seem too interesting or enhancing.

The way the articles describe it sounds a lot better than how the movies are described. Depth > Popping out. xD
They also tell us that everything has a lot of detail, so I'm excited to see how the items and animals look up close.

Jul 08, 10 at 1:00am
Sakura

I have been wondering exactly what this 3D gameplay will look like. I think it will be completely different than what I am imagining in my brain. I guess I am just going to have to wait and see what Nintendo does with the 3DS and Animal Crossing 3DS. ^^;

Jul 08, 10 at 12:49am
Lost in Azure

From what I understand (after seeing another thread in the 3DS forum) its not really the 3D people are expecting, like the movie type 3D. I think it's more like multiple layers of video playing at the same time to create the effect.

I'm not really sure, I wish I could find the video of it that I had seen. D;

Jul 08, 10 at 12:45am
Symphonic Abyss

Now that I think about it, subtle is probably better. There really isn't much you could put in popout 3D in the Animal Crossing series. I could see holographic images of the bugs and fish popping out of the screen. Hmmm...maybe they'll still do that.

Jul 08, 10 at 12:18am
Justin

It may be hard on the eyes, but I thought having resseti attack us would be fun to watch >__< is it just me?

Jul 08, 10 at 12:14am
Sakura

I prefer the subtle 3D as well. I think that it looks better because it's not in your face the whole time you are watching it. That means you can play the game for longer, and overall, I end up appreciating the graphics a lot more. I am happy to hear that they are taking this approach with Animal Crossing. ^-^

Jul 07, 10 at 11:16pm
Lost in Azure

Did anyone else see this on Wikipedia? I'll also link to the sources on the bottom of my post.

quote Wikipedia
G4TV Patrick Klepek praised Animal Crossing' use of the Nintendo 3DS' stereoscopic 3D effects, commenting that the 3D didn't come out at the players, but rather, gave the game's world "real, tangible depth".[3] IGN editor Craig Harris agreed, describing the 3D effects as "subtle, but helpful". He added that the detail of the environment and objects exceeds that of the Wii game Animal Crossing: City Folk.[4] GameSpot editor Tom Mc Shea echoed this sentiment, calling it the best looking game in the Animal Crossing series.[5]
    Apparently the 3D won't really be the 3D you're probably used to when watching movies or TV specials, but rather enhance the environment around us to give it a more realistic feel. I actually like this, because I don't want Resetti popping out of the ground and scaring me half to death when I turn on my game. ;-;

Original Sources: [3] [4] [5]

Jun 25, 10 at 8:35am
Phi

I don't like how they look because I think their necks make them look like giraffes. ;-;
    For all we know the pants mightn't even be customisable, a certain type of pants might just come with the shirt. But I certainly hope not.

Also, I really like the camera angle when we're outdoors, I like that it's more closer down to the ground and like we're seeing it from their eyes.