Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Metal Gear Rising: Revengence » MGSR will have an online mode » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Big Boss Cardboard Box A Cyborg Ninja Fox Hound Otacon Peace Walker Psycho Mantis Raiden 2 Raiden Big Boss 2 Solid Snake Solid Snake 2 Solid Snake 3 Solid Snake 4 Teliko The Sorrow

hideOriginal Post

Jun 18, 10 at 6:02pmExistence

quote Source
Shigenobu Matsuyama and Mineshi Kimura were asked what their plans were – if any – for multiplayer in Rising. Would it be like Metal Gear Online? Would it be something completely different? They responded thusly:

“We’re still actually considering this aspect as of now. We won’t make the game without online, but we’re still considering what element of online to put in the game.”
It could be anywhere from leaderboards to a full PvP multiplayer. Time will tell.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 26, 12 at 3:53pm
Joe45

Even if it doesn't have an online mode and just multiplayer features i would still buy the game because of the elements that they have used to make this game to be so great

Jun 30, 12 at 8:40pm
Twin_Master

I have a bad feeling that Online will be a good game but the servers will be a bunch of crap that will make it incredibly hard for me to play due to lack of AUS support.

Jun 29, 12 at 8:49pm
MISTERX

Bring back the Cold war era

And Bring back meryl!!

Jun 25, 12 at 11:47pm
Fire Fox

By the way, it is said it will have online features, not necessarily multiplayer online.

Also, this is not Metal Gear Solid, it's Metal Gear Rising. It's in the Metal Gear universe but appealing to different players.

Jun 12, 12 at 2:30pm
UNICO

I just hope that the multi-player online game is like it was before they shut down mgo. they had that guy with the sword as well as all the normal caracthers with guns. i would hate to just fight with swords. i wont buy the game unless i see you can use guns online.

Mar 13, 12 at 10:28am
Dantess26

quote Twin_Master
Looking quite awesome. I'm actually anticipating this more so than I was at first. It'll just take me a while to adapt to this being MGS, just like it did with MGS4.
Yeah, I think people have to been open to it. It's got the 'Metal Gear' nametag attached to it, but it's not main-cannon, it's a different studio, it's just an experiment.

Going into it open minded, I can't see why it shouldn't be amongst other successful hack 'n' slashes like God of War and Devil May Cry (especially for us who love being immersed in the Metal Gear universe!)

Feb 12, 12 at 8:23am
Twin_Master

Looking quite awesome. I'm actually anticipating this more so than I was at first. It'll just take me a while to adapt to this being MGS, just like it did with MGS4.

Dec 17, 11 at 9:51am
The Darkest Shadow

Their servers were terrible as well.

The European servers were apparently located somewhere in the US for 2 years before they switched the location to Ireland apparently.

Of course by then the game had a already degenerated. >_>

Dec 16, 11 at 6:37pm
Dantess26

quote Fire Fox
Quick question: what makes you think Konami opted for their own servers instead of the PSN? Hint: money.
It was pressure from Konami that forced Kojima productions to use their servers. Hideo said he never wanted all of the complicated login processes and different ID's, but in the end he had to bow to Konami's wishes.

No idea why Konami would want their own servers, but you're probably right. Money is always involved. Although MGO's login process was a long-winded joke, anyone could see that

Dec 16, 11 at 4:41pm
Fire Fox

Quick question: what makes you think Konami opted for their own servers instead of the PSN? Hint: money.